Microsoft Outlook is a budding Email software used by an estimated 400 million people over the world on a daily basis to send or receive messages. Along with the message services, it also provides a huge number of extravagant features, like- meetings/Appointment organizers, calendars, notes, projects, and many more.
With a huge number of users, it is certain to have some issues every now and then, not only due to the program’s incapability but also due to difficulties in handling a pile of users.
Due to Outlook Server issues, a lot of users restrict themselves to connecting with Outlook. As Outlook server errors cease you from sending or receiving any mails, which can be considered as a drawback of the software.
Recently, a lot of people have started facing issues with “Outlook Server ”. Sometimes, Outlook is unable to connect to the server by cutting the connection out of the blue. And there are so many websites to confuse you with tremendous solutions, that you might get confused about the relevance and reliability.
But, you are at the right corner, as we are providing you with well-tested and tried methods to Find and Fix your Outlook IMAP Server errors, caused specifically due to the server shots.
Why is your Outlook Account not connecting to IMAP services?
There can be some well-known or some unknown reasons for Outlook server errors. To know some of the reasons, let’s have a sneak-peak!
- Reason 1: Incorrect/ Wrong Configuration Settings
- Reason 2: Outlook Settings Error, Outlook is not allowing to receive certain files
- Reason 3: Damaged or Corrupted PST Files
- Reason 4: No connection to Microsoft Exchange Server
- Reason 5: Locked Data Files
- Reason 6: Involvement of Third Parties
Now, let us tour you through a Mini Guidebook to resolve the Outlook issues of your Account in one go!
All-in one Helpbook to fix Outlook Server Errors
Under Outlook Server Error, you might not be able to send or receive mails or perform certain basic actions. To resolve these issues immediately, unfold the page and try out all the proven solutions.
Let’s start with some easiest and most effective methods
Method 1: Turn On/Off is the Key
Working via Outlook on any device can lead to several apps or programs running in the background of that device(Laptop/Pc). This might prevent your app from connecting to the server efficiently, due to some temporary errors in the current app or another app running at the back end.
Just simply try to restart the app, and the device you are using the app on, to flush out the issues in one go.
Just give it some time!
Probably, you will be able to resolve the issue from the first step only. But, if it does not work.
Keep Scrolling! You have a long way to go.
Method 2: Work Offline
For this method, let us check out the following steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Send/Receive bar at the top right to see the following screen.
- Step 2: Check if your Outlook Account is set under offline, as shown below:
- Step 3: In case, your account is set under offline, tap on it to change it to work online as shown below:
Method 3: Check for Incorrect Credentials
Follow the steps, to see if you entered any wrong data while logging in to your Outlook Account-
- Step 1: Go to your Outlook Account Homepage
- Step 2: Under Account Settings, Click on Account Settings:
- Step 3: Under Account settings, go to Email and Click on your Email Account
- Step 4: After selecting your Account, Click on the Remove bar
- Step 5: After removing your account, login to your Outlook Account with the correct details.
Method 4: Poor Internet Connection
Just check if you are connected perfectly to a strong Wifi connection, and check for the Wifi Settings or directly talk to the WiFi dealer. Or use your cellular/Hotspot data, in emergencies.
Method 5: Reinstall Outlook
To reinstall your Outlook Account, keep scrolling through-
- Step 1: Open Run Window (Windows+R)
- Step 2: Type appwiz.cpl under Run Program and click on Ok, as shown below:
- Step 3: As the Program Manager opens, click on Microsoft 365 and tap on Change at the upper taskbar
- Step 4: As the following screen appears, click on Repair followed by Continue tab
- Step 5: Microsoft will automatically detect and resolve the temporary faults, if any.
The configuration process may take some time. So, be patient.
- Step 6: After the configuration process, you will receive the following message. From here, just click on Yes and do not turn off your Device while Rebooting.
Method 6: Update your Outlook Account
Easy-peasy steps to check for Outlook updates
- Step 1: Go to your Outlook Account page and click on File at top-right
- Step 2: From here, directly go to Office Account as shown below:
- Step 3: In case, there is an update required. You will be able to see it on the right side of the following page under Product Information:
If you are unable to connect to your Outlook Account, even after checking and trying the above methods. Let’s see-
Method 1: Check for Microsoft Exchange Service connection
- Step 1: Click on your Outlook File and go to your Outlook Account Settings
- Step 2: Under Outlook Account settings, you will see the following page. Just check the sidebar:
On the above page, if you see an Orange Icon at the left sidebar. Then, there is a technical issue that will be fixed automatically. In this case, what do you have to do? Just wait!
Method 2: Repair it by yourself!
Let’s see how to use the repair option in Outlook Account, to resolve the Server issues automatically-
- Step 1: Go to your Outlook Account Settings:
- Step 2: Under Outlook Account Settings, you will see the following page. Just select your mail account and then click on Repair:
- Step 3: Under the following page, check your email details and click on Next.
- Step 4: From here, outlook will automatically configure the issues and resolve them. So, just be patient and let Outlook work for you.
Method 3: Uninstall plug-in and extensions
Follow the steps below to check and remove the involvement or participation of any Third-party plugins-
- Step 1: Go to your Outlook Account page, click on Options
- Step 2: Under the Outlook option, click on Add-Ins at the left sidebar, as shown below:
- Step 3: Click on COM Add-Ins and enter Go
- Step 4: Under COM Add-Ins, select the unwanted plugins/ extensions,and click OK, as shown below:
Step 5: After selecting unwanted plugins, click on Remove:
By this way, all the unnecessary plugins or third-party extensions will be removed easily from the collection of corrupted or faulty components.
Let’s go with the flow to the next Method!
Method 4: Rebuild Outlook Data Files
Your device must be filled with Outlook files, running and saved at the back-end, which can be one of the reasons for your Outlook Server error. To create new files and resolve the errors in the saved files, Just follow the steps:
- Step 1: Go to Account Information and directly click on Account Settings
- Step 2: Under Outlook Account Settings, go to Data Files
- Step 3: As you open the data files, select your Outlook Mail Account
- Step 4: As you select your Outlook Mail Account, click on Open File Location
- Step 5: Open File Manager on your device and select your outlook data, as shown below:
- Step 6: Left click to Delete the Outlook Data
- Step 7: If you want to rename and modify the files, just left-click on Rename, as shown below:
- Step 8: As you tap to rename, you will see the following space for modifications. Enter the changes and you are good to go
You can rename or delete the data, as you like, by the above-mentioned steps.
After this process, just Reboot your device or Outlook App and it will automatically generate new files to use.
Emergency Methods to work with Outlook
In case, the following methods do not work out and if you are in immediate need to work through Outlook. Then check out the following options, such as- Adding another Outlook Account, Creating and recreating your Outlook Account.
Steps for the above methods are mentioned as below:
Method 1: Add another Account on outlook
Let’s set up a new Outlook Account to ease out and continue your freezed outlook work-
- Step 1: Go directly to outlook Account Setting
- Step 2: As the following page appears, click on New tab, shown below:
- Step 3: Enter the Account details and Set Up your Account in the following section and click Next:
- Step 4: After clicking Next again, enter the details of Another Outlook Account as follows:
- Step 5: As you enter the Account details, Outlook will verify and configure it. After that, you can easily use Outlook through the other Account.
Method 2: Recreating Account on Outlook
Setting up your existing Outlook Account again to release the faults, and continue working on outlook, without losing any data-
- Step 1: Go to the Control panel of your device and click on User Accounts
- Step 2: Click on User Accounts, as shown below:
- Step 3: Choose from the below screen, to Change your current Account
Method 3: To add another outlook Account
Steps to create fresh Outlook Account, in case none of the methods are working-
- Step 1: Go to Control Panel>> Account Users. From the following page, click Add a new user in PC settings
- Step 2: Directed to the following page. From here, set up your new account