In the current scenario, most of the laptops and computers come with pre-installed and activated Windows 10 operating systems. Windows 10 is the last version of Windows 10 introduced by Microsoft and they have announced that there will be no update in the near future. So if you’re planning for an upgrade, this is the right time to get Windows 10 for your device and activate windows 10 with easy methods.
There are users, who have built their own PC using graphics card and processor and want to switch to Windows 10 for better performance. Installation is somewhat easy. The point where most of the users feel stuck is how to activate windows 10. This can be tricky and moreover this is the last and the most important step of getting updated to Windows 10.
Moreover, if you look for Windows 10 activators, you will find a number of different tools are available. But it is not feasible to anticipate their genuineness by just looking at them. You need to be careful enough before installing any such activator for Windows 10.
Method-1 Activate Windows 10 Using the Product Key
If you have purchased Windows 10, you can simply activate it using the product key as explained below.
The product key is a 25-character code usually in the given form:
Location of Product Key
- The product key can be present on the packaging or it can be printed on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA).
- If you have purchased the Windows 10 copy from an authorized seller, you can look for the product key inside the box you have received it in.
- If you have purchased the product from Microsoft’s online store, you can explore the order history to find the windows 10 home product key.
- You can even find the Windows 10 product key for free.
After you have located the product key, follow the steps enumerated below to activate Windows 10 using the key:
- Click on the Start menu icon from the taskbar and click on the option Computer.
- Right-click and from the menu, select Properties
- Scroll down and click on Activate Windows online
- Enter the product key and press Next to start activating the Windows.
Method-2 Activate Windows 10 with CMD (Without Key)
If you are looking for a method to activate windows 10 without a product key, this one’s for you.
Windows Enterprise Edition
With CMD, it is easier and stress-free to activate Windows 10 for free without even needing any third-party activation tools or an activation key. The given steps will help you out with the activation process:
- Press the Windows + R key on your keyboard and the Run box will open. There type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together to launch and run Windows Command Prompt as administrator.
- After the Prompt opens, copy and paste this command: slmgr.vbs /upk, in the Prompt window and press, Enter to carry out the command.
- Next, copy and paste the given command and press Enter: slmgr /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43.
- Type slmgr /skms zh.us.to command and press Enter.
- At last, copy and paste slmgr /ato and hit Enter to activate Windows 10 for free with CMD.
Windows 10 Pro
Here are the steps to follow to activate windows using windows 10 pro activator:
- Launch Start menu and type cmd, right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Copy and paste the given command line in the Prompt window and press Enter.
slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
If you have any other keys for Windows 10 Pro, you can use that too in the command line, enter the key after slmgr /ipk.
- Type the given commands and press Enter after each line.
slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
Method-3 Activate Windows 10 with the KMS Client Key
For this method, you need to open Command Prompt as an administrator. Follow the steps given below:
- Open the Start menu, search for “cmd” and run it as administrator.
- The next step is to install the KMS client key using the command “slmgr /ipk yourlicensekey”; the license key is the one that corresponds to your Windows edition.
Given below is the list of Windows 10 Volume license keys:
Home N: 3KHY7-WNT83-DGQKR-F7HPR-844BM
Home Single Language: 7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH
Home Country Specific: PVMJN-6DFY6-9CCP6-7BKTT-D3WVR
Professional N: MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
Education N: 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ
Enterprise N: DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4
Also, press Enter to carry out all these commands
- The next step is to set KMS machine address using the command “slmgr /skms kms8.msguides.com” to get connected to KMS server.
- Now, you can activate your Windows using the command “slmgr /ato” and recheck the activation status.
Method-4 Activate Windows 10 with Digital License
With digital license it is really easier to activate Windows 10 as it lets you link the Windows 10 license key to your Microsoft account. Before beginning with the activation process, make sure your account is linked. To check this, go to the Settings, click on ‘Update and Security’ and then select ‘Activation’. After that, in the activation section of the Windows, look for ‘Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft Account’.
- Choose the option ‘I don’t have a product key when prompted to activate’ when you begin with the activation process.
- Using the Microsoft account associated with your Windows 10 digital license, set up and log into Windows 10. This step must be enough to activate the Windows, however, if you have made any changes in the hardware, continue with the further steps.
- Press the Windows key and go to ‘Settings’, click on ‘Update and Security’, and further select ‘Activation’.
- In case Windows hasn’t activated, press the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- A new window will open where you have to select ‘Activate Windows’ and then click on ‘Activate’. Alternatively, select ‘I changed hardware on this device recently’ if you have changed them recently.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the account details of the Microsoft account that is linked to the digital license.
- In the list of devices, look for your computing device and check the box for ‘This is the device I’m using right now’ and click on ‘Activate’.
After this, your digital license will activate your copy of Windows 10. If it still fails to activate, you can find more details on the Activation troubleshooter here.
Check the Activation Status of Windows 10
Once you are done with activating Windows 10 using any of the above methods, the next important step is to check the activation status. Here is how to do it:
Click on the ‘Start’ menu, then go to the ‘Settings and Update’ section, click on ‘Security’. Thereafter, click on ‘Activation’ and you will find the activation status besides Activation option.
Here is a list of activation status that you may find on activating Windows 10:
- Windows is activated- If you see this, it means the Windows has activated, Microsoft account is not linked and you can follow the instructions to link your Microsoft account.
- Windows is activated with a digital license – This message implies Windows has activated, Microsoft account is not linked to your digital license and you can follow the instructions to link your Microsoft account.
- Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account- if you see this message Windows has activated and your Microsoft account is already linked to your digital license.
Windows is not activated- in case this message appears it means Windows has not activated and an error message will appear. If the activation has failed, you may need to purchase Windows 10 to activate.
Windows Help: Activate Windows 10
Why Can’t I Activate Windows