Facebook still rules the social media platform and there are many reasons for that. People use it daily for their individual purposes whether it can be personal, official or business-related.
There is no denying the fact that Facebook has emerged as one of the most useful and popular marketing media for businessmen. With 2 billion users, Facebook is the world’s largest social network making it a marketing monarch.
If you are also planning to get your marketing done through Facebook, no doubt, it’s a great thought but needs proper planning to execute. Also, if you want to have a better idea about the Facebook marketing policies, you can visit the Facebook Help Center. Keep on reading to know more about this powerful marketing tool and how to get the most out of it.
Facebook Marketing Strategy
Everything needs to be planned out properly to get the desired results. Same is the case when you are going to promote your product, business or brand on Facebook.
Key Facebook marketing practices that you must always apply to stay ahead in the game have been explained below.
The first step towards an effective marketing plan is setting pre-defined and clear goals. First, you need to conduct proper research for the business you run and then set the goals accordingly.
The goals may differ for every business but they should ultimately result in generating leads, increased communication on the website. The goals must be measurable and specific so that you know when you accomplish them. Everything you do on Facebook must help in some way or other in favour of your goals.
Select your audience
This is another important step that can’t be ignored while making a marketing strategy. You must be aware of who you are going to target, their gender, age-group, location, etc. For this, you need to get familiar with Facebook demographics and for that, you can take the help of Facebook Insights. When you will check the past purchase activity of the users, it will give you a broader understanding of what will work for you.
Decide your content
Determining the right content mix is crucial when it comes to Facebook marketing. You can go with the 80-20 rule or the social media rule of thirds. In this rule, you can use 80 per cent of the Facebook posts for providing information, entertaining and educating people and remaining 20 per cent to promote your brand. Only promoting the brand will not work for anyone and you will also need to work on building long term relations.
The social media rule of thirds also instructs about using a good mix of informative and promotional content. Facebook never encourages those brands who try so hard to get sales.
Once you have selected the audience and finalised the content, next comes engaging audience that is what social media is meant for.
Engagement cannot be done by solely making text posts, here are some of the Facebook marketing tips
that will add some engagement to your page:
- A photo post is something that will bring more excitement to the audience. There is also a perspective that adding photos bring more likes and comments to your posts.
- If your product has a visual appeal, you can showcase that through a short video. Videos play automatically in the news feed, so adding a short clip is also a great way to catch someone’s attention. Once your brand is able to engage some audience, you can move to longer video posts.
- You can also post a question to initiate a conversation. People don’t prefer silent brands where no one is listening to them, so make sure to be a part of every conversation.
- Facebook Live Video is another great way to interact with followers, and give them a real-time view of your brand or business. You can also use this option to make some announcements.
- Create a linked content post as it will make a better impression. You simply have to add a link to the content that can be viewed outside of Facebook such as your website or blog.
- Pinned Posts are those that stand above the rest and such posts need to be pinned so that they will not get ignored by the followers.
Schedule your Content
Next comes scheduling your content for the time your audience wants it. It implies that you need to make choices related to the type of posts you can use and what time will be the best for posting. Facebook offers a great platform to organise discussions with your audience or your customers. You need to know the right time that when you will be able to engage most of the audience on Facebook.
The algorithms are difficult to crack but once done, it will prove fruitful in the future. Here are some of the best times to create an engaging post on Facebook leading to better marketing on Facebook:
- Post between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays.
- Wednesday is considered the most preferable day to post.
- On Wednesdays, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. are considered the most engaged time on Facebook.
- Sunday is considered the least engagement day
- The least recommended times are early mornings and late nights.
Creating Facebook Ads Strategy
For better brand exposure, creating a Facebook advertising strategy is a must. Advertising on Facebook is simple but still some efforts have to be made on your part. Facebook holds more than 4 million advertisers that give you a good platform to build your brand and promote it through ads.
A Facebook ad is something you pay to share with a targeted audience. This will bring your brand in front of the right audience resulting in achieved goals.
Even if you don’t want to start right away with Facebook ads, you can give a try to Facebook Pixel so that you will be ready with your data whenever you plan to launch your first campaign. Facebook pixel is a code that is placed on the website to track conversions, people who visit your website and build targeted audiences for future ads.
Organize a Facebook Group
Adding a Facebook group to your social media marketing strategy is a great idea to induce larger conversations. Groups act as a place to discuss things together and share information and it can be really effective in encouraging your fans to interact with each other. This way you can build trust and a sense of community while sharing your knowledge and experience.
Track, Analyse and Improve
Now you know how to market on Facebook, it is the time to track and measure your performance. Check what went in your favour and what not. Thereafter, focus on improving the strategy in the future if there were any loopholes.
Track audience engagement on your page through Facebook Insights. Check likes, reach, shares, comments, etc., on various posts. This will help you in knowing which posts worked the best for you and where you need to make adjustments.
There is a lot to learn when it comes to Facebook marketing and once you are in the game, you will get to know one or another thing every single day. All you need to invest in sufficient time & effort in following the strategy. Begin with no investment and let your business expand its horizons as you learn more.