Facebook Jail is getting on people’s nerves for some considerable time now. If you are a regular social media user, you must have stumbled upon this popular term ‘Facebook Jail’. But do you know what this term actually means and if it is something to be worried about? We will find out in this article.
Facebook Jail- What is It?
Facebook Jail is a term used to define a situation when Facebook suspends accounts or restricts certain activities for violating Facebook Community Standards.
A person is said to be in FB Jail or prison when he/she gets his/her account, the ability to post or use certain features suspended for a specific period of time due to policy violations, suspicious behavior, or unknown login devices. As a result, Facebook locks your account temporarily to prevent you from doing suspicious activities.
Why Facebook Jail? What Can Get You in Virtual Jail?
It was in September 2019, when Facebook announced that it is tightening its regulations and even announced some additional measures in order to remove Hate and Extremism from the social media platform. While it may give rise to frustration, Facebook is doing all this to maintain safety and privacy, and promote authenticity, & dignity for all the members of the Facebook Community. That is when the term ‘Facebook Jail’ came into existence and rose to popularity.
Now, the main concern is what things can get you in FB jail, and to avoid getting into such an unfortunate situation, it is important to know that. Make sure to avoid the following activities on Facebook if you don’t want to get jailed:
- Don’t get involved in spam activities such as posting identical content too many times, unnecessary promotion of a product or service.
- Running fake Facebook account
- Promoting hate, racism, inequality, and similar other things
- Threatening someone
- Spreading misinformation
- Getting reported by someone for abusive behavior can put you in Facebook Jail
Apart from this, whatever you think doesn’t fall under the ambit of Facebook policies can get you jailed.
How to Know if You are in Facebook Jail?
Normally, Facebook doesn’t email you or send you a notification about the restrictions they have placed on your account. You only get to know about it when you try to do the restricted activity such as posting, liking, commenting, and so on; then you receive an unwanted message similar to this one:
“You can’t post right now”
So, if you are not able to:
- post on your timeline or pages or groups
- like anyone else’s posts or pictures.
- comment anywhere on the social platform.
- Access your page or account
Consider yourself in Facebook jail.
How Long Does a Facebook Jail Last?
If you are banned from posting, liking, sharing, or commenting on Facebook, you might be waiting for the ban to get over. The good thing is Facebook Jail doesn’t last forever and the bad thing is there is an exception to it.
Temporary Blocking- Facebook temporarily blocks your account or restricts your activities that range from a few hours to a few days. After the stipulated period is over, you will automatically gain access to your account as usual.
Permanent Blocking- For worst offenses, Facebook completely bans your account forever; that simply means it’s gone forever and it cannot be recovered under any circumstances.
So, if you are someone who cannot afford to lose access to their account, be it a brand account or a person’s account, make sure to not go against Facebook’s policies knowingly or unknowingly as it can cost you a lot in terms of losing access to your beloved Facebook profile forever.
Learn How to Get Out of Facebook Jail in 2021
It is said that ‘every cloud has a silver lining’; so even if you have got jailed on Facebook, good things can still happen as there are ways to remove the ban and get back to normal Facebooking.
There are only three ways to get out of Facebook Jail:
- Face the Ban- The first method says that you must wait till the temporary ban gets over. Facebook notifies you when the restriction will be removed, so wait for that period and get out of jail. Sometimes, the ban gets removed automatically after 24 hours.
- File an Appeal- You can even file an appeal to Facebook if you think it was a mistake and you haven’t violated any regulations. However, this option is not given to everyone, you can file an appeal if you get the option.
- Create a New FB Account– For severe violations, Facebook deletes or removes the account forever and in that case, there are no chances of getting your account back, so creating a new Facebook account is the only option left.
I hope I made it clear what is Facebook Jail and everything important regarding the same. Make sure to not break any major rules to avoid getting into such a situation and follow the instructions provided by Facebook to get out of Facebook Jail.
Also watch video–