The craze for social media was already at an all-time high and in the midst of the chaos, came a platform that changed the way people look at digital entertainment. TikTok, a video creation platform where users upload videos and artwork, has made waves in the social media world.
Earlier known as Musical.ly, many thought the platform to be a better version of Vine, but it turned out to be something much more than that. People from all parts of the globe are signing up on the platform for their daily dose of laughter and whatnot.
Tons of users even download videos from TikTok to put them up on their WhatsApp and Facebook stories as well. This should be more than enough proof that TikTok is rapidly taking over the world of social media and entertainment on the go.
In case you are new to the platform and want to get started by logging into your account, welcome to the club. Read this blog till the end to know how to log in to TikTok with the use of 5 different methods along with ways to resolve issues with the platform of TikTok.
Different Methods to Log in to TikTok Account
Disclaimer: The information offered in this blog about the platform of TikTok is for the sole purpose of educating the audience about the basic login process of TikTok in different ways. We do not, in any way, are associated with the platform and all the information that we offer is available for public use on reliable websites.
While most users like to access their account by entering the correct login details, there are other ways for completing the login process as well. This section of the blog will shed light on such methods.
TikTok Login via Username
Usernames are unique and pretty easy to remember as well. The simple steps mentioned below can help users on how to log in to their TikTok account through username.
- Start the proceedings by clicking on the application of TikTok to launch the same.
- For the next step, you will need to click on the “me” button from the bottom right corner of your screen to select the “sign up” option to proceed further.
- From there, click on the “login” button and choose the “phone/email/username” option for the same.
- Now, you simply need to type the username and the password in the given spaces that you created during the sign-up process for TikTok and tap ‘Log in’.
Note: If you have multiple email accounts and you do not remember the account that you used to sign up for the platform of TikTok, just open the application of Gmail and search for TikTok. Select and open the mail from the TikTok team and you will be able to find out the email account used for the same.
TikTok Login via Phone Number
The easiest way to log in to your TikTok account is using a mobile number. The best part about this method is that you do not need to enter any sort of password. Simply follow the steps that have been mentioned below to know how to get the job done with ease;
- Begin by opening the application of TikTok.
- Once you are on the home screen of the platform, click on the “me” button that is available in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- From there, you will need to click on the “sign up” option.
- In the next window, you will be directed to a new screen where you will need to click on the “login” button that is just next to the message that says, “Already have an account?”
- For the next step, you can choose the “phone/email/username” option from the list of login options that pop up on your screen.
- Now, select the phone number option and type your mobile number correctly along with the correct country code before moving further. Click on the “send code” option after you have done this.
- If you want to skip the option of entering your password, simply select the option that says, “Login with verification code”.
- After you have done the same, an OTP will be sent to you and you will need to enter the OTP in the given field to complete the login process.
TikTok Login via Instagram
Whenever the topic of social media platforms pops up, Instagram stays at the top at all times. Similar to TikTok, Instagram also offers features where users can share short videos with the use of reels and stories.
There is not much difference between the two platforms since Instagram also offers content of different creators in the reels section depending upon whether the reel is trending or if it is related to the type of content that the user likes. Instagram just moves ahead in terms of being vaster when it comes to services.
This is also why plenty of users like the idea of using Instagram for logging in to TikTok. Keep in mind that for this to happen, you need to ensure that you have an active Instagram account. Here are the steps that can help you to do the same;
- Similar to other methods that have been mentioned earlier, move to the “me” option to select the sign-up option and choose the log-in option from there, to begin with.
- In the next window, select the “continue with Instagram” option from the list that appears on your screen.
- For the next step, type your Instagram login credentials and click on the “allow” button to let TikTok access your personal information.
- One can also make good use of Facebook to access their Instagram account in case their Instagram account is linked with Facebook.
Once you have carried out these simple steps, you can simply log in to TikTok.
TikTok Login via Google Account
Out of all the methods that have been mentioned in this section of the blog, this one by far takes the cake. The reason behind this is that every other user has an account on Google, be it for personal or professional reasons.
To make good use of your Google account, follow the steps given below in the correct order;
- Begin by creating a Google account in case you do not have one or if you want to make a different Google account for personal use.
- After you have done the same, click on the application of TikTok to launch it.
- Follow the steps that you have followed in all of the other methods and from the list that appears in the new window, select the option that says, “Continue with Google“.
- Doing so will open up a new window where you will be able to see the list of email accounts that are available on your device. Now, choose the account with which you want to log in.
Following this, you can begin posting or liking videos of other creators with ease.
TikTok Login via Facebook
Plenty of websites and platforms have made it easier for users to avail of all the perks in stores by allowing them to log in with third-party platforms, and TikTok is no different. Apart from being one of the most secure ways to log in to a platform, it also saves the user from the troubles of remembering different passwords.
To top all that, it also saves a lot of time as the user doesn’t have to manually enter all the personal information that includes the date of birth, name, gender, etc. since all that is simply imported from the social media handle with ease.
In case you would like to experience the world of TikTok with the use of your Facebook account, feel free to follow the steps that have been mentioned below;
- Begin by clicking on the application of TikTok from the home screen of your Android device.
- From there, tap the “me” option that is available in the bottom corner of the screen.
- Simply click on the sign-up option to further select the login option that is just beside the text that says, “Already have an account?”
- For the next step, click on the “continue with Facebook” option from the list that appears on your screen.
- Doing so will simply direct you to the homepage of Facebook, where you will need to enter your account details to click on the login button.
- Now, click on the “allow” button when TikTok requests to access personal information, and just like that, you are logged in.
These are the methods that can be used to access all of the exciting features that TikTok has to offer.
Even though the login methods are simple, users come across issues all the time. Let us get to know about some of the major issues and how one can overcome them without much fuss.
TikTok is Not Working? Probable Reasons and Solutions
Below are some of the possible reasons why you are having a hard time with TikTok and how you can get back to enjoying videos and content creation.
The developers of an application release regular updates to fix common bugs and issues. There might be chances that you also came across one such issue and have not updated the application. Check the Play Store or the App Store to see if there is an update available.
Restart the Device or the Application
This may sound dumb, but most of the applications start working properly again with a simple restart. Plenty of users have reported that they were able to access their account after restarting the application, while some also stated that restarting the device also helps.
In some cases, users have reinstalled the application itself and that has ended with them being able to access their account again.
Faulty Internet Connection
This is one of the most common issues that users face. Users tend to look for other issues, while in reality they simply lack a strong and stable network connection. One can also switch to a cellular network, but keep in mind to enable the data usage for TikTok before doing that.
TikTok is Banned or Restricted in your Region
Some regions have banned the platform of TikTok due to security concerns and if your region is among them, it will become impossible for you to access the platform legally. If you still want to move forward with the idea, the use of a suitable VPN or TOR browser may come in handy.
Check the Servers of TikTok
Visit Downdetector to keep tabs on the servers of the platform and in case the servers are offline, wait until they are back up.
Try Accessing TikTok on a Different Device
If you feel that you are experiencing a bug, try accessing the platform from a different device or a different web browser, and if you are able to do so, safe to say that there is some sort of outage and your device is working fine.
If it all falls down and you do not know how to get rid of the login issue, simply contact the help and support team of TikTok, informing them about your problem by submitting a feedback form and the team will get back to you with answers to your queries.
Now that you know all about the different TikTok.com login methods and the issues that you might face with the platform, let us move to some of the most popular questions concerning the video-sharing platform of TikTok.
Ans: It doesn’t take much time to create an account on TikTok. Simply install the application on your device and simply launch it to answer a couple of questions. Skip if you don’t want to answer them and click on the sign-up option.
Once you have done that, you can make use of the email accounts or your mobile number to sign up for a TikTok account. Upon creating an account, refer to the methods given in this blog to log in without breaking a sweat.
Ans: It isn’t known to many, but Twitter can also be used to access the platform of TikTok. The login process is pretty similar to Facebook and Instagram and also offers the same perks.
Ans: The process for deleting an account permanently on TikTok is pretty easy. Users only need to make sure that they have registered their mobile number for their TikTok account.
- Launch the application and click on the “me” button.
- From there, click on the three horizontal dots to access the “privacy and settings” option.
- In the next window, click on the option that says, “Manage my account”.
- For the next step, simply select the account that you want to remove.
- Now, confirm your action and click on the send code option.
- Finish the process by entering the code that you received on your phone number to delete your account.
The good thing about deleting an account on TikTok is that users get a window of about 30 days and if they go through a change of heart within that time limit, they can simply log in with the use of the correct credentials to get the account back. If not, wait for a month and your account will cease to exist.
Social media platforms and video sharing platforms are on the rise, which is why the sudden success story of TikTok is nothing surprising.
TikTok quickly rose through the ranks of social media platforms and it has gone up to a point where people have become potential celebrities on the platform. The login process for this platform is pretty easy and can be done with the use of other social handles such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Google.
Resetting your password is also child’s play, provided that you have registered your mobile number with your account.
Up until next time! Adios Amigo.