Have you got your Instagram disabled? Quite scary, right? And why not; once your Instagram gets disabled, there is no surety that if you are going to get it back or not. No matter if you use your Instagram for business or for personal use, losing access to it is almost a nightmare especially if you don’t know how to recover it.
In some cases, it is always possible to recover your Instagram by simply resetting the password but this method will not work if Instagram has disabled it. In this guide, you will find out how you can get back a disabled Instagram account. But before that, know the reasons that can result in a disabled Instagram account.
Why a Disabled Instagram Account?
Get this clear in your head that Instagram can disable your account anytime and that too without warning. And when you will try to login to your Instagram account, you will be welcomed with a message “Error- Your account has been disabled for violating our terms. Learn how you may be able to restore your account.”
Although Instagram never mentions why they disabled your account, the things listed below are considered unethical on Instagram:
- Posting hate speech
- Illegal activities
- Promoting nudity
- Graphic violence
These are the most common reasons why Instagram disables an account. Moreover, if you do the violation repeatedly, you may get your account banned forever.
How Can You Get Back a Disabled Instagram Account?
When you see the error message telling you that you have violated the terms and you will not be able to log in to your account, the first Instagram asks is to ‘Learn More’ about what happened and how you can restore your account.
- So your first step should be to click on ‘Learn More’ as prompted by Instagram.
- You will be directed to a page where you will get further instructions to get your account back. You can check out the terms not following which caused violation or if you want to directly jump to the recovery thing, click on ‘Let us know’
- On the new tab, you will get some new instructions i.e. if you think disabling your account was a mistake, let the Instagram officials know. And for that, you have to answer if your Instagram account represents a business, brand or it is just a regular account.
- If yours is a Business Instagram account, select ‘Yes’ and then you will be further required to fill in some information such as:
- Full Name
- Your Instagram Username
- Your Email Address
- Your Country
- One of the business documents listed there
Once you are done filling in the information, click on ‘Send’.
- If you selected ‘No’, you will be required to enter your account information and click on ‘Send’.
That’s how you can submit an appeal to Instagram and let them get back to you over email. This is the only legal way to get your Instagram back after being disabled. This should not take more than a few days to get a reply from them. If following the above process doesn’t restore the disabled Instagram account, you can send them an appeal again.
Also, if you were running a fake Instagram account, this is one of the major violations of Instagram terms and can get your account disabled.
Instagram may or may not respond back depending on the violation and also the instructions you will receive to get your account may differ. So if you are sure from your side that you haven’t done any major violation, be consistent in requesting them to give your account back and you may get lucky.