Instagram is a place for socializers who love to talk to people and share their life on social media. Creating an Instagram account gives you entry to one totally different world. You can even get a glimpse of your favorite celebrity or influencer’s lifestyle with the help of photos and videos they upload. The more celebrities you follow, the more photos you get to see on your newsfeed every day. It is also possible that some photos catch your attention and make you want to download them. Probably, that’s the reason you are reading this to know if there is a way to download photos on Instagram. Yes, there are many and this guide will take you through all the options available to download images from Instagram on your PC, Mac, or mobile device.
Table of Contents
How to Download Personal Instagram Photos?
Before we start invading someone else’s privacy, you must be interested in knowing how you can download photos from your Instagram account. There can be several reasons for which you need to download photos, maybe you don’t have the original file with you or you have just changed your mobile phone.
Although there is no official method to download individual images from Instagram, you can download your entire history that includes all the photos, videos, posts as well as stories.
The first step is to log in to your Instagram account on a web browser on your PC. Head towards the official website of Instagram, enter your username and password and hit ‘Login’.
2. Submit the Download Request
Go to your profile, click on ‘Edit Profile’ and then head towards the ‘Privacy and Security’ section, and there you will find the option ‘Data Download’, click on ‘Request Download’ to proceed.
3. Get a Copy of your Data
The last step is to confirm your email address and press ‘Next’ to request a copy of your Instagram account data to download. It may take somewhere around 48 hours for you to receive the copy via email. Once you receive the email, click on the ‘Download Data’ link and that’s it.
You can also avail this option via Instagram app: profile> menu icon> settings> security> download data. Enter your email address and then tap ‘Request Download’.
How to Download Any Photo from Instagram?
There is another method using which you can download your photos as well as other user’s photos with their prior permission. The ‘Inspect’ option, yes, it is what is going to help you in downloading images from Instagram; let’s know how you will use that.
DISCLAIMER– If you’re downloading others’ Instagram images, it is recommended to respect image ownership. While some of these methods allow you to download other users’ images, we recommend taking permission and give credit where due. You can even go through the Instagram Copyright Policy to not violate any law and get your Instagram account disabled.
- Open the image that you want to download and right-click on it; click on the ‘Inspect’ option.
- A code tool will open, there you have to click on the parent option of ‘div class’ that you can see highlighted in the image below. This ‘div class’ has the required code for the image you want to download.
- Now you have to look for the ‘src’ attribute that will give you the image code; right-click on the link and then select ‘Open in new tab’.
- The image will open in the new tab; now you can simply right-click and save the image on your desktop or mac.
You can even download photos from Instagram on your iPhone that too without using any third-party app; here is how:
- Open the Instagram app and the photo you want to save on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then tap the right corner of the image and select the option ‘Copy Share URL’
- Then open the Safari browser and paste the URL you have copied
- Long press the photos you want to save and then tap ‘Copy’
- Now create a new note on your Notes app and paste the picture there
- Then tap ‘Share’ and select ‘Save Image’; this will save the image on your iPhone device.
Apps and Websites to Download Instagram Images
Now there are some third-party software available as well that can be used to download photos from Instagram.
DownloadGram is one of the popular Instagram image downloaders; to use it simply open the image you want to download on your Android phone.
- Tap the three-vertical dots of the image
- Tap the option ‘Copy Link’
- Now head towards Download Gram’s website
- Paste the link in the text box and tap ‘Download’
- Again tap ‘Download Image’ and this will save the image in your gallery
2. FastSave for Instagram
Download the FastSave for Instagram app from the play store of your Android device, thereafter:
- Open the app; turn the toggle on for ‘FastSave Service’ and then tap ‘Open Instagram’
- Tap the menu icon of the image you want to download and select ‘Copy Link’
- This will download the image and you can check it in your phone’s gallery.
You can download Instagram photos on PC as well using the DownloadGram’s website; here is how:
- Open the image you want to download and click on the three-horizontal dots; click on ‘Go to Post’.
- Now copy the URL of the page and paste it in the text box of DownloadGram’s website; click on ‘Download’ followed by ‘Download Image’ and the image will get saved on your PC.
Save-o-gram is also a popular option to download Instagram pictures that too multiple images at the same time. But for that, you will have to download the software from the Save-o-gram’s website and launch it after you have installed it. You just have to enter the username, hashtag, or link of the images that you want to download.
Select the photos you want to download and then click on ‘Download selected photos’ or you can also ‘Download as ZIP file’. However, the software is free to use for seven days only after that you will be required to pay a charge of $9 for using the service.
Alternative Method- Bookmark Instagram Images
If you just want to save the Instagram images that you want to view again later; you can go the Bookmark way rather than downloading them one by one. For that you just have to:
- Open the image and tap the bookmark icon given on the right side of the image.
- To view the Bookmarked images, you just have to go to your profile and from the menu select the ‘Saved’ option.
So these were the methods that can help you download, save, or bookmark the desired photo from Instagram.