Discord is a platform that is mostly preferred by gamers and developers. And from the past few years, it has been gaining even more users; well, the primary reason behind that is Discord’s ability to provide someone’s IP address; quite cool, isn’t it?
But still, many users are looking for answers on how to find someone’s IP address on discord. So if you are one of them too, you’ve come to the right place. Here, I have accumulated some steps you can follow to get someone’s IP address within a snap of the fingers.
Finding someone’s IP address through Discord is not a big task. All you have to do is create an application on the web that stores the users’ information, like the IP address who visit it. Then, simply send that website’s link to your friend on Discord. And then, when your friend opens that link, you can easily store that link in a database or mail it to yourself.
Disclaimer- The information available here is solely for the knowledgeable purpose and nothing more or less than that. We are neither responsible for any action taken from the use of the above information nor for the usage of it.
The method discussed above was the most basic, but I have so much more for you. Let’s look and learn all the possible methods for Getting someone’s IP through Discord.
How to Get Someone’s IP Address from Discord?
Here are some methods you can use to easily get someone’s IP address within a few seconds.
Create an IP Catcher
The first and most common step is creating an IP catcher. In this method, the user has to create a web application that catches the visitor’s IP address. This way, if that app’s link is sent to someone via Discord, their IP address will be transferred to the owner of that app. For this, you should have a Discord account, and if you don’t, you can start by creating an account first.
Note: The process for this method is quite technical, so if you are not a tech-savvy person, you may have to look at the second method given below.
The section is divided into four sections so that it’s easy for you to comprehend.
Create the web app
Before creating a website; you must first get familiar with this concept. Whenever you browse or visit any website, your router sends a request to the website’s server. This request contains important information about your system’s IP, the required data, and more.
The web application that we’ll be discussing creating today will extract the IP address from the user’s request, and that IP address can be stored in a database.
Note: This method can only extract public IP, so you’ll only be able to get some specific information, like the name of the service provider and the user’s location.
Now that you are aware of the concept of web application creation and it’s working, let’s move ahead and have a look at the steps to create a web app.
The first method is picking the right frontend, but since only the backend of this website is its significant part, its frontend design won’t matter much. The backend, however, is the most crucial part of this website; you need to include an IP address grabber in its backend program to have this method work.
The next step would be hosting; after finishing the programming function, It’s time to host your website on the internet. And once your site is live on the internet, it’s time to execute this experiment.
All you have to do is launch your Discord, log in to your account and send that website’s link to your friend.
Use Discord IP Grabber
IP grabber catches the IP address of the user who clicks on the unique link, and that link has been purposely set up to extract the IP address. You can either use the above method and create your Discord IP grabber extension or use any third-party service for the same. Here’s how:
- Visit Grabify.
- Enter a valid URL in the box that will make it easier for the other user to open it.
- Once you have pasted the URL in the box, click on create URL.
- Then, you will be shown the link information, the new URL that you receive on the screen is the one that you have to send.
- If you want to extract more information about the person, click on the Smart Logger option.
- You can even click on view other link shorteners and pick any shorter link too.
- Bookmark the link that you want to use and check the check IP address with it.
Discord IP Resolver
If you are wondering How to get someone’s IP from Discord without a link, a Discord IP resolver can be your answer. With a Discord resolver, you can scan, extract, decrypt, or fetch any user’s IP address. It sends spoofed messages through its AI algorithm to catch the geographical location of the user. Here’s how you can use it:
- Launch your Discord app and visit its settings section.
- There, click on appearance and then enable the developer mode.
- Then move to the Discord panel and right-click on your targeted user’s ID, and click on Copy ID.
- Once copied, launch the IP resolver and paste the ID there.
- Just by that, you will get all the available information of the user on your screen. But remember that if the user is offline, you won’t be able to extract any of their details.
Use a Command Prompt
Another way to get someone’s IP through Discord is via a command prompt. The tool is usually pre-installed on most Windows devices. All you have to do is start the program, type a command, and it will run some codes that will extract the user’s IP address within a few minutes. Pretty easy, right? This is the most preferred and the most used method by anyone who wants to locate someone’s IP address.
Let’s learn how to get someone’s IP through Discord by using a command prompt:
- To begin with, close all the tabs, sites, and programs running on your system except the browser; this will lead to more accuracy.
- Launch the Discord app and see if the person whose IP address you want to extract is online or not. The method won’t take place if the person is offline.
- Then, click the Windows+R keys together to launch the Run dialog box.
- Once done, type CMD there.
- Then, type ‘netstat-an’ and hit the enter key.
- Then, you will see a list of codes on your screen; scroll down to the bottom, and look for the one that is marked ‘established’.
- Then, copy the IP address from there and paste it to whatismyipaddress to know a more precise location.
However, if the above method doesn’t work, there might be chances that there’s something wrong with your account and thus Discord isn’t opening, you can check if there’s an issue with logging in to your Discord account or any other glitch.
Anyone who wants to look up an IP address through Discord, How to get someone’s IP on Discord with Wireshark is also a major query. Well, not anymore because I’ve come up with a solution. Let’s find out.
It can be used as a protocol analyzer as it easily lets you see what’s happening on the browser you are using. Wireshark is quite an efficient app that can be used for many functions while tracking anyone or anything. Let’s see how:
- Download Wireshark on your device, pick the correct version of it and follow all on-screen procedures.
- Make sure you close all the other tabs to get more accuracy and then log in to your Discord account.
- Then, on Wireshark, search for Discord, and it will show you all the processes going on with Discord at the moment. Try to search for a variety of protocols, and in each of them, enter Discord.
- Look for several packages and users’ information until you get the ones you were looking for.
- Once you get the correct IP address, paste it on whatismyipaddress to know the exact location.
So these were all the methods you can use to track someone’s IP address from Discord. But while going through all these methods, did it ever occur to you that what if someone else might use it on you? Well, if it did, here are some ways to protect yourself from any such attacks.
How to Protect Yourself from Such Attacks?
Here are some measures you can undertake to guard yourself against any such attacks from intruders:
- Get a VPN- A Virtual Private Network can be of some use here, actually, not some but much use. It protects you and your connection by giving you a fake IP address, so even if someone is successful to locate your IP address from discord, your region will already be changed on it, and they won’t get it right. There are a bunch of great VPN options that you can use, have a look-
- Avoid Clicking Any Links- The next best thing you could do to protect yourself is to avoid clicking any suspicious links. If somehow the link looks suspicious to you, or you have never seen it before, make sure you avoid it at all costs.
So this was all about ways to get someone’s IP address from Discord and ways to protect yourself from the same. Apart from such methods, I must advise you to steer clear of any other tools or extensions as they could be malicious in some ways.