Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram are slowly converting into stalking sites where people can get to know about the whereabouts of their colleagues, friends, exes, and so on. Earlier, people were excited to know who views or stalks their Facebook profile but as Instagram is taking over Facebook slowly, the question is still the same only the social media platform has changed. As I am a technical blogger, people often ask me if we can see who views your Instagram. And the answer is Yes! How? Read on to find out.
Officially launched in 2010 as an iPhone app, Instagram accounts for 1 billion active monthly users as of 2019 making it one of most popular social media platforms these days. That was about the general facts, let’s talk about how you can check who viewed your Instagram and if there are any apps to see who stalks your Instagram.
Table of Contents
Can you Check Who Views your Instagram Profile?
This is the most trending question these days “Can I see who viewed my Instagram” or “Who stalks my Instagram” and similar other questions. People are so interested in knowing what the other person is upto these days or how they are doing in their life, hence they use Instagram as a stalking app.
That is why, Instagram doesn’t let its users know who stalks them or visits their profile considering it a breach of privacy. Still you will find some useful apps listed ahead in the guide that can sort the things out for you.
How to Know Who Check your Instagram?
Honestly, there is no such method provided by Instagram to know the name of the people who stalks you or visits your Instagram profile as it will be considered a breach of privacy. However, you can still check the number of visitors you get on your profile. This option is provided in the official Instagram app.
Here are the steps that you must consider if you want to check how many profile visitors or viewers you get on your Instagram:
- Firstly, launch the Instagram app on your mobile device and tap the menu icon (three-horizontal lines) given at the top.
- Then tap the ‘Settings’ option given at the bottom of the screen.
- On the ‘Settings’ screen, you will see a few options, tap ‘Accounts’.
- Now, on the next screen, tap on the last option in the list ‘Switch to Professional Account’.
- Then Instagram will convert your account into a professional account so that you can get access to the insights of your profile, press ‘Continue’.
- Also, press ‘Continue’ for the next few prompts that you get on the screen.
- Then you have to select the category that best describes what you do; if you have a business, you can select a category accordingly and that will appear on your profile; tap ‘Next’.
- On the next screen, select the ‘Creator’ option and press ‘Next’.
- Skip the next few prompts by pressing the ‘X’ icon given at the top and go back to your Instagram profile.
- On the first page of your Instagram profile, you will see two more options i.e. ‘Promotions’ and ‘Insights’; tap on ‘Insights’.
- On the next screen, tap on the ‘Activity’ tab and at the bottom of the screen, you will get the option ‘Profile Visits’ that will show you the number of people who visited your Instagram profile.
For a step-by-step tutorial, watch the video here:
Apps to Check Who Views your Instagram Profile
If you are still interested in knowing how to see who views your Instagram or want to know who stalks your Instagram, here are some apps to see that on your mobile device:
1. Follower Analyzer for Instagram
Follower Analyzer is an interesting app that lets you check who views your Instagram and will answer all your questions like- Who views your Instagram profile, posts, photos, stories, or videos. You simply have to register yourself on this app and it will start providing you the insights into your account. It can be your go-to app and will work as an Instagram View Tracker. This app will also show you how you can see who viewed your Instagram post and you can also see who views your Instagram story and so on.
2. Followers Insight for Instagram, tracker, analyzer
Followers Insight for Instagram, tracker, analyzer is another useful application to know who visits your Instagram often and stalks your profile. Also, this app sends you push notifications when someone has visited your Instagram profile or got engaged in your post. You can also see who views your instagram highlights using this Instagram tracker app.
3. FollowMeter – Unfollowers Analytics for Instagram
Next app to use when you want to know who views your instagram story or profile is FollowMeter – Unfollowers Analytics for Instagram. Using this app, you can see who visits your Instagram profile even if they don’t follow you. So this app will track both followers and unfollowers who are stalking you, you can even know who followed or unfollowed you and it offers a discover section using which you can gain followers on Instagram for your business.
For iOS device
1. Analyzer Plus – Insta Tracker
Analyzer Plus – Insta Tracker is useful for iOS users who want to track their Insta insights. You need to get this from the app store and the app will notify you about who sees your Instagram profile and also about your followers who are consistently engaged in your posts. With this app, it is just a matter of a few minutes to check who views your Instagram profile. You will get to see all the people who visit and view your posts, stories, and so on.
SocialView for Instagram
SocialView for Instagram is another great app that you can install to track the stalkers. This app will satisfy your curiosity about who checks my Instagram and you can also know if they are following you. with an easy-to-use interface, this app is the best way to know who views your Instagram videos.