- What is Facebook Marketplace?
- What does “Local Listing” mean on Facebook Marketplace?
- How to change Facebook Marketplace to local only?
- Why should you change your Facebook Marketplace location?
- How to shop on Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is like the shopping mall of Facebook. Here, you can look for anything you want with a snap of your fingers. You can even apply filters on it to get through your desired items quicker. But since the app is available worldwide, the product you have been looking for might be available in some other region or country. This is why there’s this Facebook marketplace local-only feature that enables you to look for products that are available locally.
In this guide, I will tell you about the ‘how to set Facebook marketplace to local only’ process. So let’s get started.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is a new feature introduced by Facebook where buyers and sellers from all over the globe can get in touch, engage, and sell and buy their desired products. It is a sort of marketplace existing within the platform.
To access this digital marketplace, you must launch your Facebook app and click on the shop icon at the bottom of the screen. You can access all the latest features of the Facebook Marketplace.
What Does “Local Listing” Mean on Facebook Marketplace?
‘Local Listing’ is like a location filter on the Facebook Marketplace that enables you to shop within your area, city, or state. Facebook Marketplace is quite a common place for sellers to target their customers from social media. And thus, by default, it is possible that the items you are currently looking for are being shown to you from another state or city.
And thus, to avoid outside sales, it is pretty essential for buyers that they alter their location settings and set the marketplace to local.
Now that you have comprehended what Facebook Marketplace local is and how crucial it is to change the location let’s move ahead and learn how to get the Facebook marketplace only to show locally.
How to Change Facebook Marketplace to Local Only?
There are multiple ways to set Facebook Marketplace to local only. One can perform them via mobile devices or web browsers. Let’s have a look at them one by one.
Method 1- Change the Location Settings on Your Facebook Account
You can directly change the location settings on the main settings page of Facebook, here’s how:
- From the homepage of your Facebook account, visit the settings section.
- Scroll down to locate the location button and tap on it.
- And then Facebook will ask you if you want to make any changes in your location preferences, make the changes according to your requirements, and you are done.
Method 2- Turn On Local Listing
You can also change the local listing settings from the Facebook Marketplace section, here’s how:
- Launch the Facebook app and click on the Marketplace button to log in to your Facebook Marketplace.
- In the Facebook Marketplace section, you will see a section that is named ‘Category,’ click on it and locate the Local Listing option from there and toggle the switch to enable it.
Once done, you will only see the items that are available locally, you can pick any of them and pay accordingly.
Method- 3 Change the Location from Facebook Marketplace
You can also turn the switch to the Facebook Marketplace local-only feature just by changing your location settings. Let’s find out how:
- Launch your Facebook app either on your mobile device or from a web browser and visit Marketplace.
- There, click on your location, which is present in the blue button.
- Then, from the menu, you need to set up the location where you want to surf items/products.
- Not just that, you can also manage your radius here. This way, you won’t end up ordering something that is far from your location.
- Once done with all the changes, save the address you just put in, and you are all done. Happy Shopping!
Why Should You Change Your Facebook Marketplace Location?
You might still be wondering why changing your location on your Facebook Marketplace is beneficial. Let’s find out what could be the possible reasons for the same.
- There are a few items that are region specific, meaning they are only available in a particular region. So for that, you will have to change your location on Facebook Marketplace.
- It often happens that shipping charges are less on the items shipped locally. Hence you will save on gross total when you shop within your region.
- If you are moving to another town or locality, you may want to know their shipping price, availability of second-hand goods, and other aspects.
The best part is you can change your Facebook Marketplace location anytime and without any limitations, plus there are no extra charges for doing the same. Hence, you can get access to regional and national items with no hassle.
How to Shop on Facebook Marketplace?
Shopping on Facebook Marketplace is quite simple and is indeed a fun way of shopping. Once you know how to use it, you can get the most out of Facebook Marketplace within a few clicks. Here, you can easily shop by categories, apply filters to get access to your desired products faster, and not just that, the entire interface of Facebook Marketplace is quite intuitive and straightforward. With the super easy and intuitive interface, it is much easier to look for your desired product.
Here are a few steps to help you shop better on Facebook Marketplace:
Shop by category
- Launch your Facebook app and visit the Marketplace.
- There, click on the categories you are searching for the item.
- There are many categories on the Marketplace like deals, clothing accessories, electronics, entertainment, housing, etc.
- On your Facebook Marketplace, select a category.
- There, in the categories, you can edit them and apply the filters accordingly.
Use the search term
- On your Facebook Marketplace section.
- Type the search term in your search bar.
- Once filled in, click on Enter.
Tip: Try to use the COD (Cash on Delivery) option while shopping for something, and never send money without being 100 percent sure about the sender. Many scams take place in the Facebook Marketplace section.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Facebook Marketplace:
Ans: To change your address, go to your Marketplace feed, click on filters, and there under the location option, enter the location you want and click on apply.
Ans: To change your privacy settings:
- Go to the Facebook menu.
- There, click on Settings & Privacy.
- Click on Settings and then on Privacy.
- And then alter your settings as you want.
- Are there any charges to change your location on Facebook Marketplace?
No, there aren’t any charges to change your Facebook Marketplace location.