The best part of signing up for Xfinity’s Comcast email services is you get an email account for free. Getting an email account with great features and that too for free is very uncommon. People use Comcast for different reasons; however, one major reason is its amazing security features.
Leaving that apart, this guide is going to talk about one of the major issues that Comcast users always complain about. Most of them were iPhone/iPad users and they were facing issues while using their Comcast account on their devices.
If this has ever happened to you, you are at the right place as here you are going to get a troubleshooting guide that will fix all your glitches.
List of Issues with Comcast Email on iPhone/iPad
If Comcast email is not working on iPhone, there can be several reasons behind it and as per the issue you are facing, you can troubleshoot it using the solutions provided further in this guide.
Here are the possible issues that you might face while using the Comcast email account on your iPhone device:
- The Comcast email app you are using has gone outdated.
- Comcast server is down and the page is not responding.
- The email settings you have entered to configure your Comcast account on your iPhone are incorrect.
- There is a connectivity issue that is not letting you send or receive emails.
- The incorrect fetch settings are making you face this error.
Solutions to Fix Comcast issues on iPhone/iPad
Now, after knowing the causes, let’s start troubleshooting them one by one, and by the end of the guide, you will be able to fix all the problems that you are facing while accessing your Comcast email account on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Server is Down
Every email service provider out there faces outages be it Gmail, Yahoo, or Comcast. This can happen anytime when the site goes down and that too without any prior notice. If the Xfinity website goes down, you will not be able to access it till the service gets restored on its own.
When the server issue arises, you will see a 500 error on the screen. So to confirm the outage, you need to go to the Xfinity website, simply login to your Comcast account on a web browser, and if you can log in, it means everything is fine. This is one of the most commonly faced login issues of Comcast, however, nothing to worry as everything will be restored soon by their engineers.
2. Incorrect Email Settings
This is one of the most common mistakes made by Comcast users that when they access their account on the iPhone, they enter the incorrect IMAP or SMTP settings. If you want to know the right way to set up your Comcast account on iPhone, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- On your iPhone, tap the ‘Mail’ icon
- Then tap ‘Other’, when you see the ‘Welcome to Mail’ screen.
- On the ‘New Account’ screen, enter your login details and then press ‘Next’.
- If the information entered by you is correct, your account will get verified and that’s how you can configure your Comcast.net account.
If you have set up your account correctly, it is the time to have a look at the Comcast email settings for iPhone.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ section of your iPhone and then select ‘Passwords and Accounts’.
- Next, tap on your Comcast account and if you are facing issues while receiving emails, you need to check Incoming mail server settings.
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ tab and check if you have entered the correct settings:
Incoming Server Host Name: imap.comcast.net
Username: Comcast email account
Password: email password
Incoming Mail server port: 993
Use SSL: ON
IMAP Path Prefix: empty
- In case, you are facing issues while sending emails from your Comcast account, you must check the Outgoing Mail Server Settings:
Outgoing Mail Server Host Name: smtp.comcast.net
Username: Comcast email account
Password: email password
Outgoing Mail server port: 587
Use SSL: Yes
Even if you set up your Comcast on Outlook, you will need the right email settings.
3. Connectivity Issues
There can be connectivity issues when you try to access your Comcast email account after switching from the cellular network to Wi-Fi.
To check this, open the Settings app of your iPhone and then tap on ‘Cellular’; go to ‘Mail’ and check if it is enabled. If it is not, you will only receive emails when the device is connected to Wi-Fi. To fix this issue, you need to switch from cellular data to Wi-Fi whenever the internet comes back.
4. Incorrect Fetch Settings
In case, you are still not receiving emails on your Comcast account on iPhone or mail.comcast.net is not responding on your device, this can be due to incorrect fetch settings. To fix this,
- Go to the Settings app and then tap on ‘Passwords and Accounts’; finally, select ‘Fetch New Data Line’.
- Fetch New Data is a feature that lets users select how often your device will check for new emails. It has three values: Push, Fetch, or Manual.
- If you have set the setting to ‘Push’, the mail server will send the new mails to your iPhone directly. If it is set to ‘Fetch’, your device will often ask the server for new emails. And if you are using manual settings, and have set Fetch New Data to Manual, you will only get the emails if you open the Mail app and refresh.
5. Outdated Mail App
If the Comcast email is still not working on the iPad or is not syncing with your iPhone, you need to check if you are using the latest Comcast app. Check if Apple has released any latest version of the app; if yes, then get the app and then check if you have got the issue fixed.
If the above steps were not helpful to fix the Comcast issues with your iPhone and it is still not working the way you want it to work; here are some further measures you can try:
- Restart your iPhone
As per the iPhone model you have, press the required button to reset your phone and if you don’t know the steps, you can google it for your model. Force start will refresh your iPhone and will clear all the broken data and that may also fix the issue you are facing.
- Reset the Settings
To reset the settings, open the ‘Settings’ app of your iPhone and then go to the ‘General’ section; press ‘Restart’. Among all the options that you see, tap ‘Reset all settings iPhone’. Doing this will reset network settings and personal preferences but will not delete your data or apps. Note- make sure not to tap ‘Erase all content and settings’ as this will delete all your data from your iPhone.