Instagram is one of the best social media platforms that offer you features to post photos, videos, make Instagram reels, stories, and IGTV videos to interact with your followers and tell them what’s happening in your life.
We all love to beautify our photos a little bit and add in some effects and filters to modify them and make them look more stunning before actually posting them on Instagram.
You will get various third-party apps for doing so on the internet, but Instagram filters are the best amongst them. You can use the filters already used in the story or posts of some private account by using Instagram viewer tools.
You can seamlessly edit your photos in seconds with the best Instagram filters before posting them on the platform.
Keep reading the below article to know more exciting details about Instagram filters.
What is an Instagram Filter?
Instagram filters are an immediate and easy way to enhance photos and stories before posting. This is a pre-set combination of effects that helps you modify or beautify your photos.
Back in 2011, when the filters for Instagram were launched, it consisted of some basic features such as; high resolutions, border, and tilt-shift effects.
But now, Instagram offers a plethora of 25 inbuilt or default filters for the users to choose from and apply.
Also, apart from these, with the help from AR Studios, you can make custom & latest Instagram filters.
It would be best if you used Instagram filters –
- The time and hours you spend editing photos through third-party apps will be saved using the Instagram filter feature.
- Using Instagram filters in your post gives a more cohesive look to your feed as a whole.
- Build up a personal brand image by using filters. Be consistent with the filters so that your followers get to know you it’s your post before actually seeing your name.
Where Do We Get the Latest Instagram Filter?
Suppose you are new to using filters in Instagram posts and stories and are skeptical about choosing perfect filters.
Then, go through the list of best filters ranked as the best amongst all.
- Now 2.0
Apart from these built-in filters, there are thousands of more filters available on Instagram. Read the below-mentioned steps to use the latest Instagram filters in your posts and stories.
- Log in to your Instagram app, open the camera, and swipe towards the left through the icons given at the bottom of the screen.
- At the bottom, you will find a magnifying glass click on it to browse more effects.
- At the top of the screen, you will see various categories. Swipe through them to select to see different filters and tap on any filters you like.
- When you tap a filter of your choice, you will see its preview. At the bottom of the screen, you will see two options, i.e., Try It or a down arrow. Click on any of these to download the Instagram filter.
- Click on the OK option to save the filter.
- When you go back to the camera again and swipe right at the bottom of the screen on the icons, you will find the newly downloaded filter for Instagram.
How Do You Get Filters from Other Creators and Friends?
Various creators on Instagram make customized filters using the AR feature.
If you want to download filters created by them, then follow the below-mentioned steps for the same –
- After logging in to your account, go to the creator’s profile whose filters you want.
- Above the grid, on their profile, you will find a ‘Smiley‘; click on that.
- Various filters will appear on the screen. Either tap on the ‘Try It‘ option or the ‘down arrow‘ for downloading the Instagram filter.
- Now enjoy snapping a photo or video and sharing it with your friends.
It might sometimes happen that you may find an excellent filter in any of your friends’ posts or stories and then want to use the same filter in your posts. In that case, follow
- You should go to that particular post with the filter you want. Look at the bottom of the screen, and you will find the filter’s name.
- Tap at the filter’s name and click on the ‘down arrow‘ or ‘try it‘ option to save the filter.
- Or you can even ask your friend to send the particular filter that you like from their collection through DM.
- For that, they have to tap on the name of the Instagram filter and then click on the ‘Send To’ option from the list of options appearing on the screen.
But, what would you do if you want to use the filters used in the Instagram story or posts of some private account?
First things first, you can send the following request to that person, but if they do not accept your bid, you can take the help of specific software and tools to spy on their account and use the filters in their posts.
These fantastic tools are; IGLookup or Instalooker.
You can quickly go to their websites, click on the ‘spy now‘ option, type, and enter the target’s username to view the results within seconds.
By following the steps mentioned above, you can quickly get the Instagram filters from their account and add them to your collection.
How to Apply Instagram Filters?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to add Instagram filters to your posts and make them look aesthetic.
- Open the application of Instagram on your phone and log in to your account.
- Tap on the plus button at the bottom of your screen and choose the photo you want to post.
- Go to the library and select the picture and click on the ‘next button at the extreme top right corner of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, various filter options will appear, scroll left or right and select what suits best according to the mood and vibe of the picture you want to post.
- After you have chosen the best Instagram filter of your choice and you feel it’s too dramatic for the picture, then you can tap the filter once again, and a slider will appear.
- By default, the slider is set at 100, and moving it towards the left will subtly affect your picture.
- When you are delighted with the Instagram filter, tap on ‘done’ and ‘next‘ options to add captions, hashtags, geotags, etc., to your post.
- After you are done with everything, you can post or publish your creation.
How to Create Custom Filters?
Suppose you want to exceed the par of creativity in your posts and be extra artistic. In that case, you can create and customize Instagram filters through the AR feature.
By creating a custom filter, your brand or your Instagram account will gather more engagement from the viewers.
For creating a custom filter, download the application of Spark AR Studio, the program specially designed for designing filters for the Meta family of apps.
Many tutorials on the application will give you a step-by-step tutorial to make the filters for Instagram of your choice. View those carefully and then make one yourself and surprise your viewers by using the same in your posts.
By reading the above article, you must have understood what important role do Instagram filters play in making the posts and stories aesthetically beautiful in a short time.
So, what are you waiting for now? Go, create a magical charm in your posts and attract more people to your account using the best Instagram filters.
More Related to Instagram:
Want to Take a Break from Social Media? Here’s How you can Delete your Instagram