These days, with the worldly influence of social media, some people are increasingly going off Social Media Apps, due to various reasons, like- security concerns, detox sessions, time consumption on social media apps, and more people are willing to take a break.
In case you’re one of them, who is planning to get off Social Media to experience a simple life without socially constructed approvals or fame, there are two methods to turn you off from Instagram.
Either you can temporarily disable your Instagram account or you can delete your Instagram Account permanently, under certain guidelines.
Disabling/Deactivating Your Instagram Account in Brief
With all the benefits of using Instagram, like- Stories, boomerang, archive, and more, Instagram has another feature where you can easily disable your account, it is like a temporary deletion of your account that can be reactivated as and when you like.
Now, after knowing it all, if you are planning to deactivate your Insta Account, you can directly visit- “Deactivate my Insta Account”
Let’s start with the Guidebook for deleting Instagram Account.
Check out the following point to keep in mind, when thinking of deleting Instagram account:
- After 30 days of your Account deletion, your account and all the information or data related to your Instagram account will be deleted automatically, and you won’t be able to access or recover any of the information.
So, to restore all your data from Instagram, like- photos, videos, posts, or stories, before deleting your Insta account, download the Instagram data, Otherwise, all the data will be deleted forever.
Deleting V/S Disabling your Instagram Account
Before taking a step further and reading the procedures for deleting your Instagram account, let’s quickly check out the difference between deleting and disabling your Instagram Account. So that you can be sure about your decision.
|Delete Instagram Account||Disable your Account|
|Temporary Method||Permanent Method|
|Your Account profile, followers, Photos, likes, and activity details will be deleted forever||Your Account profile, followers, photos, likes, and activity details will be hidden from other users, for some time.|
|You can not access your Instagram account||To reactivate, just log back in|
Let’s start with deleting Instagram through a browser in one go!
How to delete an Instagram Account through a Web browser?
The following method can be used to Delete Instagram through the Browser, through the Laptop, or any other device with a windows processor.
- Step 1: Directly go to the delete Instagram link; make sure you are logged into your Instagram account.
- Step 2: Choose a reason for your Instagram Account Deletion from the following list, that will appear on your screen:
- Step 3: Re-enter your Password for verification purposes and click on the “Delete (username)”
In case, you are having trouble Login to your Instagram Account. Just click on – Instagram Login
How to delete your Instagram through Android Phone?
To delete your Instagram account permanently, you need to log in to your Account through the Instagram App. After that, let’s see the following method:
- Step 1: Go to your Instagram app and click on the profile icon at the bottom right. From here, click on the three lines at the top right, as shown below:
- Step 2: Go to Settings, as shown below:
- Step 3: Under Settings, click on the help option:
- Step 4: Go to Help Center under Help
- Step 5: Go to the three lines at the top right, under this page:
- Step 6: Under Help Center, go to Manage your Account
- Step 7: From here, click on Delete your Account under Manage your Account
- Step 8: Click on the downward arrow that says “How can I delete my Instagram account?”, as shown below:
- Step 9: Scroll down the screen, under the bar mentioned in step-8 and click on “Delete Your Account”:
- Step 10: From the following screen, choose a reason for deleting your Instagram Account, re-enter your password and click on Delete (Username):
How to delete your Instagram through iPhone?
It is an easy-peasy method to delete your Instagram through iPhone. Mostly, it is similar to the steps you follow to delete the Account through Android. To know more, in brief, follow the steps below:
- Step 1:Open your Instagram App and click on your Profile circle below right
- Step 2: Click on the three lines at the top-right
- Step 3: Click on Settings on the page that appears after following Step2
- Step 4: Scroll down and tap on Help
- Step 5: From here, go to Help Center and click on Manage your Account
- Step 6: Under Managing Your Account, go to Delete Your Account
- Step 7: Click on “How to delete my account?”
- Step 8: Under the above bar, click on the “delete your account” page
- Step 9: Choose your reason to delete your Instagram Account, re-enter your password and click on the red button, “permanently delete my account”
How to delete your Instagram through Mac?
Scroll down to know the required steps to delete your Insta Account through Mac (the methods can be used for any other iOS device):
- Step 1: Login to your Instagram through the Browser from your Macbook( applicable for any version of Mac)
- Step 2: Tap on your Profile at the top right and click on Settings
- Step 3: Scroll down the screen and at the bottom of the screen, click on the Help tab, seen at the bottom left (besides About).
- Step 4: After clicking on the Help tab, Help Center will appear on the right side of the screen. Click on Managing your Account and tap on Delete Your Account
- Step 5: Under “How do I delete my Instagram account?”, click on the “delete your Account” page
- Step 6: Under delete my account, enter your reason, re-enter your Instagram password, and “Permanently delete my account”
Can you delete Instagram through Facebook?
Is it possible to remove or delete Instagram through Facebook App? To know it all, just scroll it down!
Before starting the following steps,
Please Note: This Instagram deletion method is only for business accounts and if you wish to delete your Account through Facebook.
You will have to:
- Convert your Personal Instagram Account to a personal Account
- Link your Facebook Account to your Instagram Account
- You must be the admin of the Facebook Page
Now, let’s show you how to remove/delete your Instagram Account from Facebook:
- Step 1: Login to your Facebook Account via Browser
- Step 2: Click on Settings from the menu at the left
- Step 3: Click on Instagram
- Step 4: To remove the linked Instagram Account, select on Disconnect and confirm your deletion of Instagram from Facebook
How to delete a different Instagram account?
If you are deleting your friend’s or any other person’s Instagram Account, just follow the steps below:
- Step 2: Click on your profile at the top-right and click on the Log out option
- Step 3: Now, from here, log into the other Instagram account that you wish to delete and you can follow the above steps and methods for the same.
No, in any case, your Instagram Account can’t be deleted through the App. So, it is better to follow the steps mentioned above to delete your Instagram Account.