Tracking someone’s phone has always been thought of as being technical in nature. Earlier, it was a tough task and not everyone knew how to track a phone. However, with the evolution of cell phone tracking apps, things have changed. Nowadays, you will see most people using cell phone trackers to know about their loved ones’ whereabouts. Apart from that, these apps are even used at professional places to track the employees’ devices.
Tracking cell phones help you know the location of your loved one and give you the satisfaction that they are at a safe place.
People also use these apps to know if their partner is cheating on them by tracking their cell phone location without them knowing.
All these are the reasons for the sudden increase in popularity of cell phone trackers.
If you want to know how to track a phone, there are different ways to do so that have been further described in this guide.
Disclaimer- Tracking someone’s phone location without their consent is considered illegal in most countries unless you are a part of a law enforcement agency and have a warrant to track someone’s location. We DO NOT promote tracking of cell phones for illegal purposes.
Different Ways to Track Cell Phone Location
Tracking a cell phone is quite easy but when it is about doing it without the other person knowing about it, it can be tricky for some. Here are some ways that you can use to track a cell phone location without letting the other person know:
1. Minspy- A Phone Monitoring Tool
Minspy, a phone tracking app, is one of the popular ways to track the location of a cell phone; the app can be used on both Android and iOS devices. Minspy tells you the location of any person no matter in which corner of the world they are located. Before we get into the process of this phone tracking app, let’s have a look at some of its features and benefits:
Features of Minspy App
1. Tracks Live Location
Minspy lets you see the live location of a device together with the locations that the person has recently visited along with the timestamps. So, you can simply know all the locations the person has been to throughout the day without constantly tracking them.
Geofencing is setting boundaries for the person’s phone’s location on the map and whenever the person will cross that, you will get an alert; that is one of the highlighting features of the Minspy app.
Benefits of Minspy App
1. Web-based Application
The highlight of Minspy is it can be used on any web browser and there is no need to install the app on your phone or computer; great, isn’t it?
2. Tracking Phone Secretly
Everyone wants to do cell phone tracking secretly without letting the target know that you are constantly checking upon them. Minspy phone tracker does its job very well keeping everything confidential.
3. No Need to Root or JailBreak
Most phone tracking apps ask you to either root your device or jailbreak it to get the job done. However, Minspy again proved worthy as it doesn’t ask you to root or jailbreak the target device.
4. No Technical Know-How Involved
Using Minspy is a hassle-free task; you don’t need to have any special skills or tech knowledge to use this phone tracking app; just knowing how to use a web browser will do.
The Functioning of Minspy App
Minspy phone tracking app lets you track the location of the phone without even touching the target device. This secret tracking feature makes it a sort of private detective that does the job without money.
For iPhones that come with iCloud installed, the location of the device gets uploaded to the iCloud servers. This information is used by Minspy to find the location of the target device. Just verify the iCloud credentials with Minspy and you are good to go.
Things are not easy with Android devices as the app has to be installed on the phone to track the location; if you are wondering how would that be secret tracking, Minspy app comes with a unique design for Android devices. It takes a few seconds to install it and the app icon completely vanishes from the application menu of the device; only you can restore it using the secret code. Moreover, the app doesn’t send any notification and works in the background. With no battery usage, the app can be remotely uninstalled using any web browser from the Minspy dashboard.
2. iPhone Location Tracker
If you are aware of the ‘Find My iPhone’ feature that is there in iPhones, you can use that to track the location of someone’s phone and that too for free; here is how:
- Enable the ‘Find My iPhone’ feature from the ‘Settings’ on the iPhone that you want to track.
- Now, you can track the phone’s location from your iPhone device just by entering the Apple ID of the iPhone you wish to track.
- From the list of all the devices that are connected to that Apple ID; click on the one you want to monitor and its location will start showing up on the map.
That’s how you can track a cell phone location without installing software.
3. Android Location Tracker
Google even offers its own tracking app giving tough competition to the iPhone tracking feature. However, to locate a cell phone, you will need to install an app, unlike iPhone devices where the feature was inbuilt. Also, this method will require you to have the Google ID and password of the person whose cell phone you want to track, and that can be quite tricky. That is the reason, this method is only used to track the location of a lost device.
- Go to the Google Play Store and find the app ‘Find my Device’.
- Launch the app and enter the Google ID and password of the device that you want to track.
- When you see the devices linked to that Google account, click on the one you want to track.
- You will be directed towards a map showing the location of the target cell phone.
How to Track a Cell Phone Number?
The above methods work as cell phone trackers and can be used to track the location of a person that you already know such as your son/daughter, wife/husband, or employee. However, there are different methods to find the owner of a phone number. If you want to track someone by cell phone number without them knowing, there are several options available that do the job for free:
It works like a directory that has all the information of the people that are on the internet; so whenever you need information about any person, Zosearch is the way to go. The information offers their identity, home address, office address, their background, including their criminal records.
- Go to zosearch.com
- Click on the ‘Phone Lookup’ option
- Enter the phone number that you want to track and click on ‘Start Search’.
- You will the results of the people who match your search and all their details as well.
2. Who Calls Me-
‘Who Calls Me’ lets you know the owner of a phone number and you can even block the spam numbers from bothering you again.
That’s how you can track a phone number; there are several other websites to reverse lookup a phone number such as ZabaSearch, Yahoo People Search, White Pages, and so on.
Is It Legal to Track Someone’s Cell Phone Location?
After knowing everything about how to track a cell phone, it is more important to know if it is legal to do so that you don’t end up getting into the problem.
Although it is technically easy to track someone’s location through their cell phone, it is not always legal. Here are some important points regarding the same:
- You need to be a part of a law enforcement agency or should carry a warrant to track someone through their cell phone location.
- Every country has a different law regarding the legality or illegality of cell phone trackers; make sure to be well aware of that.
- Although spying on your wife or husband or tracking their location is completely illegal, it is legal to track your underage children’s phone for whatever reason.
- If you are tracking the location of your loved ones, it is not illegal as far as they know about it.
- Tracking employees is lawful if it is mentioned in the company’s policy and accepted by the employees. However, companies are only restricted to track the work phones of their resources and personal phone tracking is not at all legal in this case as well.
Everything has its pros and cons and so does mobile phone tracking. There is nothing wrong with tracking the cell phone location as far as it is being done for a person’s safety and security and not for spying or for other illegal reasons.