Have you ever sent a message, only to regret sending it later? Well, many of us have been there, once at least. However, with the unsend messages feature of Messenger, many don’t have to live with the guilt and regret of sending a message that they shouldn’t have.
Even though the feature is very comforting and helpful at times, there is still a question revolving around it that needs to be answered – how to see the unsent messages? Well, the curiosity never goes away and so many users wish to know what message was sent their way that had to be unsent by the other user. And so, we are here for it!
In this article, we are going to talk briefly about the unsent messages feature of Messenger and how you can see the unsent messages on Messenger using pretty easy ways. So let’s get the ball rolling!
What are Unsent Messages on Messenger?
Unsend Message means deleting a message that you have already sent. Sometimes there is a mistake while sending messages, or you send something to your friend/any person, and you regret it after sending it.
For such cases, all the social media applications provide some sort of feature for deleting the message.
This feature of removing the sent message is called unsend in the messenger application. For example, you delete the message on WhatsApp, similarly, you unsend the message on messenger.
Can you See An Unsent Message on Messenger?
Even though you get notified when a certain someone unsends the message that they had sent, there isn’t any direct way to see the content of the unsent messages.
When someone unsends the message that they had sent, you get notified. However, once you or the other person unsends the message, you or the other person will not be able to see it.
Steps to See Unsent Messages on Messenger
It is not possible to see unsent messages on messenger Android. Once it is deleted it is gone forever, you cannot retrieve it from the messenger. But, some third-party apps can help you to retrieve old messages and unsent messages on Messenger.
These apps work by saving your notifications. When you get a message you get a notification and these apps save these notifications before it is deleted or unsent.
- Download and install the Notisave application from the Google Play Store.
- Start the app, and you will be asked to allow notification access to the app. Allow it.
- Search and “enable Notification” access to the notisave app.
- Give access to photos, files, and media on your device.
- All the apps would be loaded on your notisave app.
- Enable “Autostart’.
- Now all notifications on your device will be saved, and you can access them even if people unsend them or delete them.
Now, let’s see how you can see the unsent messages via the Messenger app.
Via Messenger App
To see unsent messages on Messenger, you need to download the “Notisave” app on Google Play. The app is a status and notifications saver that can autosave messages on Messenger. It does this by autosaving notifications shown on your notification bar.
You can also search for your notifications from all apps at once.
Notisave supports Messenger and other messenger apps by autosaving new messages, images, and statuses. Here’s how to use Notisave:
- Download Notisave on Google Play.
- Allow access to notifications by turning on “Notisave”.
- Allow Notisave to access your photos, media, and files.
- Tap on the three dots followed by “Settings”.
- Tap on “Save notifications”.
- Turn on “Messenger”.
After you’ve turned on Messenger, message notifications from Messenger will be automatically saved on Notisave. Hence, if someone unsends a message on Messenger, open the Notisave app, and you’ll be able to see the unsent message.
You can test this out by using another phone to send a message to yourself and immediately unsend it. Keep in mind that you need to enable Messenger notifications for this to work. Otherwise, Notisave will not be able to save your Messenger notifications. Unfortunately, Notisave is only available for Android devices on Google Play. It is not available on the App Store for iPhone/iOS devices.
Without Messenger App
To see unsent messages on Messenger without an app, you need to turn on “Notification history” in your settings. This will save messages that you receive on Messenger before it gets unsent.
Keep in mind that this only works for some Android devices.
This is because not every Android device has the “Notification history” feature. Here’s how to turn on “Notification history”:
- Go to your Settings.
- Tap on “Notifications”.
- Tap on “Advanced settings”.
- Select “Notification history”.
- Turn on “Notification history”.
Now, you can see any unsent messages on Messenger by navigating to your Messenger notification history.
- If you’ve already turned on “Notification history” in the past, select “Messenger”.
- After you’ve selected “Messenger”, you’ll see your Messenger notification history.
- This includes recent and unsent messages on Messenger.
Unfortunately, if you’ve just turned on “Notification history”, you won’t be able to see previous unsent messages on Messenger.
Instead, you’ll only be able to see future unsent messages.
This is because the previous unsent messages on Messenger are not saved as a notification. Keep in mind that this does not work for iOS devices because they do not have the “Notification history” feature.
Also, not all Android devices have the “Notification history” feature.
If you don’t have it, you can download the “Notisave” app instead.
How to Unsend Messages on Messenger?
You have sent a message to someone, and now you regret sending it. Don’t worry, you can unsend it. Here, We’ll explain to you how to unsend the message on messenger.
- Open the chat you want to unsend the message on.
- Click for a little longer time (Long press) on the message you want to unsend.
- Click On the “Remove” Option.
- Select “Unsend“
- Your message will be unsent.
Note: You can unsend the message within 10 minutes of sending it. If you try to unsend it after 10 minutes, you won’t be able to do it.
Ans: No, after we have deleted the texts on Messenger, we can’t see them. The only text that will appear in their place is “The message was removed.”
Ans: In order to delete the messages for yourself permanently on Messenger, you just have to follow these simple steps:
- Open the chat where you want to delete the message.
- Then press and hold the message that you want to delete.
- Click on Remove and select Remove for you.