1. You can quickly recover deleted Yahoo emails from the ‘Trash’ folder.
2. You can submit a request for those emails to Yahoo that cannot be found in the trash folder.
3. Remember that restorations are not always successful, still giving a try is not a bad idea.
Keeping your Yahoo inbox neat and organized is not an easy task. In the process of doing so, I even lost some of my important emails that I deleted, thinking of them to be unimportant. Has this ever happened to you?
We all are in the habit of deleting emails that are of no use to us; however, it can be scary when you mistakenly delete an email that was important to you. But nothing to worry about if you are a Yahoo user. Yahoo offers an easy way to restore permanently deleted emails. In this article, I will guide through all the possible ways that Yahoo offers to recover deleted emails, either temporarily or permanently.
Solutions to Recover or Restore Permanently Deleted Yahoo Emails
Solution 1: Restore Deleted Yahoo Emails from Trash
‘Trash’ folder could be the savior for you, if you are in a situation like me. All the deleted Yahoo emails first go to the ‘Deleted Items’ folder, but they are not going to stay there forever.
“Note- The emails lying in the trash folder of Yahoo gets automatically deleted forever after 7 days; so, you need to be really quick in recovering them.“
Here are the steps you need to follow to recover deleted Yahoo emails that are still lying in the trash folder:
- Log in to your Yahoo account using your username and password.
- Once logged in, go to the ‘Mail’ section
- Then, in the left menu, you will see a few options, click on ‘Deleted Items’.
- On the right, you will see all the emails that you have deleted within the last 7 days. Select the box for the one that you want to recover or restore to inbox. At the top menu, you will see the option ‘Restore to Inbox’, click on that.
- Doing this will restore all your selected deleted emails to the inbox of your Yahoo account.
Solution 2: Check the Archive Folder
It is also possible that instead of permanently deleting the email, you have mistakenly moved it to the ‘Archive’ folder. So, before jumping onto a final conclusion, you must have a look at the archive folder of your Yahoo account in order to recover the possibly deleted emails:
- For this, you need to be logged into your Yahoo account.
- Click on the ‘Mail’ icon placed in the top-right corner.
- Then, in the left menu, you will see a few options, click on ‘Archive’.
- Look for the deleted emails in the Archive folder, if you found the email you were looking for, simply select the box given next to it and click on ‘Restore to Inbox’.
Solution 3: Check the Spam Folder
The next thing you need to do is to check the spam folder as you might have moved the email to the spam folder unknowingly; the ‘Spam’ button is placed next to the ‘Delete’ one in Yahoo account, so, just to be sure that the email is not in the spam folder, follow the given steps:
- Once you are logged into your Yahoo account, click on the ‘Mail’ icon given in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then, in the left menu, you will see a few options, click on ‘Spam’.
- Look for the deleted emails in the Spam folder, if you see the email you were looking for, simply select the box given next to it and click on ‘Restore to Inbox’.
Note- The emails in the Spam folder gets automatically deleted after 30 days; so make sure you are quick enough in recovering the lost emails.
Solution 4: Submit a Request to Yahoo for Deleted Emails Restoration
If none of the above methods were of help to you, there is one last solution that you can try. You can submit a restore request to Yahoo for the emails that you have mistakenly deleted or accidentally lost in the last few days. This may or may not work depending on the time you deleted your emails.
- Login to your Yahoo account
- Then go to this link in a new tab- https://help.yahoo.com/kb/recover-lost-deleted-emails-sln2552.html; click on ‘Send a restore request’ button.
- On the next page, you will have to describe your problem first and then mention the hours when you last saw the missing messages; after that enter your Yahoo ID and then enter an ID that Yahoo can use to contact you. Once you are done entering all the information, click on ‘Create Request’.
- After that, you will receive an email from Yahoo that your request has been submitted and it may take up to 8 hours to retrieve the deleted messages. So make sure to wait for 8 hours and if you still didn’t get your email recovered, you can check all the folders of your Yahoo Mail account. Also, make sure to check your trash folder as the email may have landed up there.
So that’s how you can simply recover permanently deleted emails from Yahoo.
A1. No, you cannot recover yahoo emails deleted years ago, as Yahoo only gives you the option to recover your emails that were deleted within the last 7 days.
A2. Yahoo keeps deleted emails only for 1 week; within that one week, you can recover the emails from ‘Trash’ folder or submit a restore request to Yahoo.
Emails can get disappeared from Yahoo inbox for several reasons such as:
- Emails have landed into incorrect folder.
- Incorrect settings have led to the deletion of the emails
- You have accidentally deleted the emails.
- The emails have disappeared due to a virus or malware attack.
A4. The emails that you delete from your Yahoo account stays in the trash folder for 7 days; if it has been more than 7 days, then the emails might have got deleted forever and will get saved on the server; after that, they will get permanently deleted.
A5. If you are recovering deleted emails from ‘Trash’ folder, then it is a matter of just a few minutes. You just have to select the email from the ‘Trash’ folder and then click on ‘Restore to Inbox’.
If you have submitted a request to Yahoo for deleted emails restoration, it can take up to 24 hours or longer for the process to get completed.
Also Read- Reset Yahoo Account Password.