msvcp140.dll is one of the many crucial Microsoft C Dynamic Linked Library files that allows some Windows applications and gaming programs, particularly those written in C++, to launch. When trying to open an application or gaming software, you may face an error message “the code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140.dll missing” when trying to open an application or gaming software. This problem can also take another form – “MSVCP140.dll was not found; hence the program could not launch. To resolve this issue, try reinstalling the program “.
This problem generally arises when the file is indeed missing or if the file is corrupted. You can use third-party antivirus software or Windows Defender to check and clear any virus on your computer, but this won’t always fix the problem. If you’re experiencing this issue when trying to open a gaming software or any other program on your Windows 10 system, you have arrived at the right place. This post will address a few ways you can fix issues about these DLL files.
Method 1: Perform an SFC Scan:
Performing a System File Checker scan might help you resolve the error because a broken file could cause it. When you execute this tool, it detects and repairs any corrupted files and software installed in your system. To successfully run the SFC scan, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Stage 1: Go to Start and type “cmd” into the search box. Since you need to conduct the scanning as an admin, click Run as Administrator as seen on the right side of your screen.
- Stage 2: Type scannow or sfc into the command prompt and press ENTER.
- Stage 3: Once the scanning is complete, exit the Terminal Window and restart your computer.
Method 2: Download the msvcp140.dll File on Your Computer.
If you have an msvcp140.dll missing error, you can remedy it by reinstalling the absent file on your computer. Use any of the DLL Clients available on the internet to do so. In a single click, the DLL Client will repair your file issue. The user need not know what operating system their computer is running and do not have to stress about installing the wrong package. Everything is taken care of by the client. Here are the stages of fixing your DLL error.
- Stage 1: Get the DLL Client and configure it.
- Stage 2: Start the client program.
- Stage 3: In the search bar, type MSVCP140.dll and hit search.
- Stage 4: From the results page, select msvcp140.dll.
- Stage 5: Select Install from the drop-down menu. You’ll be prompted on installation completion.
An absent or corrupted msvcp140.dll or any other DLL file can delay and hinder your daily operation in your Windows system. If you follow the above steps diligently, you can quickly fix these errors. Apart from the processes outlined above, if you wish to install the DLL file manually, ensure you get the file package from a reputable source. You may be able to get a single MSVCP140.dll file instead of the whole package from unofficial websites. However, files downloaded from these unauthorized channels may include viruses. Hence, always download files from reputable sites.