Faxing is an essential part of doing nearly any job and business. It is always necessary to have a faxing machine nearby or even have the option of using your smartphone for this purpose. If something doesn’t work, there are first aid tips for quick fax machine troubleshooting. Here are things recommended to do.
Fast and Easy Tips for Troubleshooting
Wondering why is my fax not going through? Before reviewing the exact pieces of advice on how to repair the work of your fax, let’s list the most common causes of fax breaks:
- A fax machine fails to establish a connection.
- A fax machine is busy or turned off.
- Some trouble may exist with your fax machine ADF (automatic document feeder) or its wire cables.
- Fax machine toner cartridges need repair. Or some technical trouble with a fax machine exists.
- A problem may not be yours at all. It is possible that a number you are trying to send a fax to is unreachable or busy. Try again. And if trouble remains, apply these quick tips.
The list of causes may not be limited to these ones, of course. If your fax not sending the docs you need, apply these tips to identify the problem and eliminate that:
- Check connection. It is the first step to make and cure the problem. Start with it. It is, unfortunately, frequently neglected. Avoid the situation when you have looked through everything but failed to check this simple thing. Start with it. Check a cable, remove and insert if this is necessary and restart your fax machine.
- Check fax machine settings. The main problem may be in the wrong settings of your machine, receive mode settings, in particular. Review all settings your fax machine has using instructions to it.
- Clean your fax machine. When it is dirty, it can work worse, of course. Draw special attention to its corona wires and ADF. Before starting to clean your machine, turn your fax machine off the network.
For more complicated issues, it is better to ask a professional to help. Surely, if you are limited in time for waiting till your fax machine will be repaired, it is a better thing to do what you can and where you are to solve the trouble. Using your iPhone or another smartphone at hand can help with that a lot. An iPad will even work better. The only thing you need to do is to install a relevant tool compatible with iOS.
Extra Option When Nothing Works
If you need to scan docs urgently and you can’t do anything with your fax machine or simply don’t have it nearby, there is a helpful at-hand solution. If you have a smartphone with a good camera, it may cure the situation. If you have an iPhone, it is even better a number of times as its camera is nearly powerful. If you are wondering how can I fax from my iPhone preserving the quality of docs at the same time, we may assure you that it is possible. A fax app is developed based on modern technologies and ensures proper scanning with further editing of a document. You need to use your device and a phone number to make all things work.
Why should you install this app and have it ready? It is very useful in these most widespread cases busy people know about:
- going somewhere, including on a way to an important meeting, and remembering about docs you have forgotten to fax;
- fax machine doesn’t work;
- out of the office and need to fax docs urgently.
What kind of docs can you scan and fax using this tool? This may be anything, including such most widespread samples as IDs, licenses, certificates, menus, letters, photos, bills, books, etc.
Why is a faxing app a worthy option for backup and even use permanently?
- It is an easy thing to scan and fax docs. It takes around a couple of minutes only to do this.
- This option is available from anywhere. Having a charged phone and using your phone number are the only things needed.
- Quality of scanned docs for faxing is guaranteed thanks to applying advanced technologies. The only things you need to care about are proper placement and lighting while making scans for the next faxing.
- Editor is available. For instance, it is an easy thing to crop scans before sending them using an app.
- Docs are managed effectively using a specialized directory.
- Scans are secured using advanced features, like e-signature.
If you need to fax but your machine fails to do that for you, look through it. Check connection, settings, and cables in the first turn. Ask professionals to help you if something doesn’t work. Meanwhile, use your smartphone or iPad to cure the situation. It is an easy thing to take a photo of a doc you need to fax in good quality and send it where you need that. Use your phone or tablet and a tool compatible with iOS. Take it easy!