With top-notch content just a click away, the need to explain why Netflix is the best streaming service, eradicates. The platform has been an escape from the real world for some people, while for others it is a way of tapping into the reality of the world by means of its extensive collection of documentaries, educational series and shows that address some societal issues.
Have you ever gone through the dreadful feeling of having a lot of Netflix shows and movies added to your must-watch list, but couldn’t access them because you have forgotten your password? I hope I am not the only one who feels the world crashing if I couldn’t access my Netflix account 😅, just because I have forgotten its password! Nevertheless, to overcome my shortcoming of forgetting the password the moment I change it, I learned the method to reset my Netflix password, and now I can change it whenever needed 😏.
If you are also worried about recovering your forgotten Netflix password or want to change it, then you can rely entirely upon this write-up to get the most reliable solution and say bye-bye to all your anxieties.
When You are Logged Out of Your Netflix Account & Forgot Password
If you are logged out of your Netflix account but couldn’t get in because you have forgotten the password, then the first thing that you need to do is nothing but relax, because there is nothing to worry about as recovering the Netflix password is very easy.
Listed under this section are some Netflix password recovery methods that are very easy to execute and will help your way out of the dreadful situation and pave your way to your Netflix account again.
Reset Your Password via Text Message
If you have signed in to Netflix with your phone number, then you will be able to change it using that only. If you don’t know how to do it, then just get right into the following steps that will guide you to reset your Netflix password:
- First, go to the Netflix login help page.
- There, you have to select the Text Message (SMS) option to reset your password.
- Thereafter, you have to enter your phone number in the designated field.
- Click on the Text Me button.
- Afterwards, you will receive a text message from Netflix containing a code that you have to enter in the text field on your screen and click verify.
- After doing so, you will be directed to the password reset page, where you can reset your Netflix password.
Note: The code received to verify your account via text message from Netflix will expire within 20 minutes. So, you are required to enter and verify it before that.
Reset Your Password via Email
If you have signed in to your Netflix account via an email address, then you will require that email to reset your Netflix password, the steps for doing so are listed below:
- To begin with, you are required to visit the Netflix login help page.
- There, select the Email option to reset your password.
- Then, enter the email in the designated field.
- Click on the Email Me button.
- Thereafter, you will receive a Netflix password reset email. The email will contain a link/button to reset the password, clicking on it, you will be directly signed in to your Netflix account.
- After you are logged into it, you will be asked to enter the new password and your password will be changed.
Note: The link received in the email will remain valid for 24 hours. However, if you don’t reset your Netflix password by then, you can get another link following the same process.
If You do not Remember Your Phone Number or Email Address…
If you have somehow managed to forget the password or email address using which you have signed in to your Netflix account, or somehow lost access to them, then also you need not worry, because Netflix suggests a way to get back into your account even then. To know how it works, then jump right into the following steps:
- First, you are required to visit the Netflix login help page.
- In the small form visible on the screen, click on the ‘I can’t remember my email address or phone number’ link.
- On the next screen, you have to enter your first name, last name and credit or debit card number. Make sure that all the information you enter is linked to your Netflix account.
- Click on the Find Account button.
- Thereafter, you will have to follow through with the onscreen instructions and get your Netflix password and account recovered.
If You are Billed with Netflix but don’t Have Bank Card Details…
If you are billed with Netflix but don’t have any credit or debit card linked to your account because you had paid the billing amount through a third-party application, then you will be required to contact the Netflix Help Center to get back into your account. By visiting the given link, you will have two options, either to get help via call or chat with the Live Chat system, and then you will be able to change your Netflix password.
If the Password Reset Link Doesn’t Work…
If you have opted for the Email option to reset the password of your Netflix account, then you would have received an email containing a link to change the password. However, if that link doesn’t work, and you are displayed with the ‘Sorry, this change password link is not valid’ message, then the following is the method to get it working and reset the password:
- First, you are required to delete the Netflix password recovery email, from both, inbox and Trash folder.
- After you are done deleting the email, go to netflix.com/clearcookies link. This will sign you out from your Netflix account.
Note: The above two steps are necessary to perform.
- Now, again go to the Netflix login help page and follow the steps to recover your Netflix password using email (Refer to Reset Your Netflix Password By Email section).
When You Are Logged in to Your Netflix Account & Want to Reset Password
If you are logged in to your Netflix account but have forgotten the password and want to reset it, then the following solution will aid you in the process.
For Netflix Mobile App
The following steps will help you change your Netflix account password while you are logged into it via its mobile app:
- Open the Netflix app on your phone and enter any of the profiles.
- Tap on the avatar image in the top right corner of the screen.
- Then, select Account from the page that appears.
- Now, you will be directed to your account information page. There, you have to select the Change password option.
- Next, enter your current password (if forgotten, refer to When You Are Logged Out of Your Netflix Account & Forgot Password section of the article), then enter the new password and confirm by entering it in the next field.
- You may also select the ‘Require all devices to sign in again with a new password.’ option. By selecting it, you will be required to log in again on each device you have your Netflix account logged in.
- At last, tap on the Save button and your Netflix password will be changed.
For Netflix Desktop App/ Website
Stated below are the steps to change your Netflix account password via desktop app or website:
- On your desktop, open the Netflix app or visit its website.
- Click on the three dots or your avatar icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, select Account/ Account Details.
- Thereafter, you will be directed to a webpage containing the details of your account. There, you will see the Change Password option, click on it.
- Now, you will be directed to the change password screen, where you have to enter your current password and the new password.
- Optionally, you can select ‘Require all devices to sign in again with a new password.
- Click on the Save button to save the newly changed password of your Netflix account.
For Netflix TV App/ Website
In order to change the Netflix password on the TV, the steps for doing so are just the same as stated in the above process for Netflix desktop apps/website. Having your password reset, you will be able to again carry on with the most jabbing question ‘What to watch on Netflix?’
How to See Your Netflix password?
If you have forgotten the password of your Netflix account while you are logged in to it and want to check what it is, unfortunately, you cannot do that. You cannot see your Netflix password. If you go to the Netflix account details page, you can only see the phone number or email address using which you have logged in, but the password remains hidden.
However, there is a trick for knowing the password, here’s how it works (for Chrome browser):
- Open your browser and go to its settings.
- Inside the Settings page, select the Autofill option present in the left sidebar.
- Within the Autofill page, select the Passwords tab.
- As soon as you click the Password tab, you will see the list of all the passwords you have saved on your browser, and there you will have to locate Netflix, adjacent to it, the password will be written.
These steps are from the perspective of a desktop web browser. If you are using Netflix on your phone browser, then you can follow the same steps on your phone as well.
Note: The above method is for the Google Chrome browser only. You can go to your respective browser instruction pages to get the precise method to know the password. This feature is present in all. Also, you will be able to know the password using this method only if you have saved the Netflix password on your browser, otherwise, the password will not be shown in the browser.