Facebook not only lets you communicate with the world but it gives you an opportunity for your brand to speak. If you are into any sort of business, you must be familiar with the prominence of a Facebook page. It gives your brand a huge audience to target with minimal efforts.
Having said that, Facebook pages have their own share of issues and if you manage one, you must have faced this error message
“Username Isn’t Available. This Page isn’t eligible to have a username.”
It can be a bit tricky to change the username; however, we have found a way out of it and have provided it in this guide.
Let’s begin with the causes:
- If your Facebook page is new and doesn’t have a minimum of 25 likes.
- You need to be the Admin of the page to create the username.
- You may also need to verify your Facebook page in order to create a username.
- Your personal FB account needs to be verified.
Also, there are certain guidelines provided by Facebook related to creating a username or screen name.
Steps to Create a Facebook Page Username
If you are an admin of a Facebook page, you need to follow the given steps to create a username:
- On the left side of your page, click on Create Page @Username.
- Enter a username and if it is available, click on ‘Create Username’.
Sounds easy right? Only till you don’t encounter the error message i.e. “this page isn’t eligible to have a username.”
Let’s move on to the solutions.
Steps to Fix “this page isn’t eligible to have a username” Error with Facebook Page
First and foremost, you must make someone else the Admin of your page temporarily and then let them try to add the username for you. It may work if you choose that friend that does not administer any other FB pages.
- Login to your Facebook account, go to Settings of your page, and then click Page Roles.
- You will see a text box under “Assign a new Page role” where you have to type the name or email or the person whom you want to make the admin or give the administration rights; select the person from the list.
- Next, click on “Editor” and change it to “Admin” and then click on “Add”.
- The person you have selected will get a notification informing them that they have been made the admin of your page.
- If you have the login credentials of the admin assigned, you can log out of your account and then sign into their account or ask them to sign to their account to change the username.
- From the menu bar given at the top right, click on the arrow and under the heading “Your Pages”, select the page you want to set the username for.
- Then click on About > Create Page @username.
- Type in the username you want and check if it is available as every page can only have a unique username so that other Facebook users can easily tag you.
- Click on “Create username” and Voila! Your username is ready. Make sure to remove your friend as the admin of the page once the username is set.
- If Facebook still stays this username is not available, you can similarly try some other friends’ accounts.
The exact reason for facing this error is still not known, however, for most of the FB users including me, this solution has proved to work out.
Hope it helps you too.