Similar to popular applications like Snapchat, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Viber, Kik is another popular free instant messaging and social networking application that overpasses the SMS (short message service) and has been running for a few years now. This free application uses only the existing data plan or Wi-Fi connection to send as well as receive messages in order to make it easier than ever before to keep in contact with family and friends.
However, that’s not it! There’s a lot more to know about this popular instant messaging application that today we’ve covered here in this blog! So, if you’re from those, who’re looking for a new way to keep in touch, surely this piece of content is all that you’re looking for! Sit relax, have your cup of coffee, and just continue reading this blog till the last to fully enlighten yourself about ‘KIK’—the one of the most desired messenger application:
What is Kik Messenger Application and What Is Kik Used For?
“Kik” is a messaging application that comes available in almost all devices namely iPhone, iPod, Android devices, Mac as well as Windows, including Amazon for Kindle Fire. The app though is similar to the other popular applications that we’ve mentioned at the starting of this blog but, it has some additional unique functions that help it to stand out.
For instance, Kik has its own internal browser, game apps, and video and music player that encourage the users to listen to music while chatting, watch videos, look at memes, play games, search for the latest information and thus, in turn, to spend more time within the app only. These are the unique and comprehensive elements of Kik Messenger that make it a top choice among 300+ million users for exchanging messages, photos, videos, sketches, emojis, stickers, GIFs, mobile web pages, and more on the platform. Along with that, there’s also another element of privacy and anonymity that maintain a super-private presence of users on the platform.
Kik Messenger Functions and Features:
To be precise the main functions or features of Kik Messenger that greatly appeal especially to teen users are as follows—
- Kik Messenger offers the opportunity for one to one chatting.
- Kik Messenger lets users send, receive, download, and share messages, videos, GIFs, stickers, etc.
- Kik Messenger allows all users to join Public Groups and to have a chat within them with up to a total of 50 users.
- Kik Messenger even has a promoted chats feature that gives the opportunity for users to follow as well as chat with different brands (related to entertainment, music and more) and promoted accounts (those have Green Star beside their profile).
- Kik Messenger’s main feature is to have an anonymous or super-private chat session with other Kik users as it needs only your name and email address to register on the Kik app, unlike others that require your phone number for registration.
- The app has an easy-to-use interface, and its live typing feature indicates you when your contact is online and whether any of your contacts is replying to your text or not.
- Also, Kik has quite recently introduced a ‘Meet New People’ feature that sends you notification to have new chats mainly based on your interests.
- And, last but not least, it also lets you change your chat background with personalized themes.
With containing all these features and functions, Kik Messenger really stands out among the top messaging applications list and that is why one should use Kik app. So, considering all this in mind, if any of you wants to have an account on Kik Messenger then, let us tell you that having an account on Kik Messenger is quite simple! As its ‘Sign-up’ process involves the following below-mentioned easy steps:
How to Sign-up on Kik Messenger Free App?
- First and foremost, download the app onto your particular device be it Android, iPhone, Windows, or Mac.
- Then, install the app simply by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once Kik is installed, you can begin with the sign-up process and to do so, click on the ‘Register Account’ option. If you want you can also sign up on Kik directly by visiting the official Kik website.
- Under the register account tab, enter all the asked information and along with that add a profile picture as well as create a username for your Kik account.
- Then, allow the Kik app to access your contacts on your device and then, tap on the ‘Find People’ option to allow the app to locate friends and contacts for you.
- After that, provide your email address as well as confirm it to complete your account creation process.
However, while doing sign up, make sure that you’re either 12 or above because the app is age restricted to only 12 year-olds and above.
Now, once you’ve created your Kik account, let’s also have a look at how to use Kik for chatting and sharing media with other Kik users:
How to do Chatting on Kik Messenger?
- To use Kik chat apps, open your Kik Messenger and click on a ‘Contact’ of your choice from the bottom of the app screen in order to select the ‘Chat’ option for it.
- Then, enter your chat text in the required text field and tap the ‘Send’ option which is either in the form of a button or a speech bubble.
- Along with that, if you want you can also add characters, emoji’s and GIFs from the numerous options available there on the Kik keyboard.
How to Share Media on Kik Messenger?
- To send media files that contain images and videos, click on the ‘Image or Video’ option which is there above the message box.
- Then, you can either add a video and image or even record the same on the spot.
- That’s it! In the end, hit the ‘Send’ button or the ‘Speed Bubble’ icon to finally send the media of your choice to your Kik contacts.
- Similarly, if you wish you can also send other content (like stickers, Sketches, memes, video links, and so on) simply by clicking on the ‘Square icon’ from the right above of the chatbox.
Besides that, to give you a brief idea about how to use every feature of the app, we’ve also mentioned how you can find people on Kik, do group chat on Kik, talk to the Kikbot, and how you can block someone on Kik. So, to have a better understanding of the same, continue reading this blog further!
How to Find People on Kik Messenger Application?
- To find people on the Kik app, click on the ‘+’ button from the bottom right of the Kik application screen.
- Then, choose any of the following options—
- Search by Username
- Start a group
- Scan a Kik code
- Discover bots
- After that, depending on your choice, enter your criteria.
What are Kik Groups and How to do Group Chat on Kik Messenger?
- To initiate a group chat on Kik where you can do online chatting among a total of 9 users, tap on the ‘+’ big blue button from the bottom right of the screen.
- Then, choose ‘Start a Group’ from the available options (as mentioned in the above steps).
- After that, provide a name to your group and add some contacts (with whom you want to have a group chat) simply by entering their username.
- That’s it! You can now start the group chat on Kik Messenger.
How to Talk with KikBot?
- Like the aforementioned steps, tap on the big blue ‘+’ button in order to select the ‘Discover bots’ options.
- Then, scroll down and select the bot with whom you want to chat from the various available Kik Bots options.
- Once you select it, talk with the bot by tapping on the ‘Start chatting’ option.
How to Block Users on Kik Messenger?
- To do so, click on the ‘Settings’ option from the Kik’s main screen.
- Then, either select ‘Chat Settings’ or ‘Privacy Settings’ based on your devices.
- After that, click on the ‘Block List’ option and tap on the ‘+’ button to add the users with whom you don’t want to have a conversation.
- That’s it! Confirm the users to finally block them.
There’s no doubt that Kik is a popular free messaging app option among the majority of teens but certainly, it’s not for everyone’s taste and thus, there are times when few from you even want to delete your account from it as its appeal has faded for you! So, considering that we’ve also mentioned the steps for the same. So be patient and have a look:
How to Delete Kik Messenger Application?
- In order to delete your Kik account permanently, visit the ‘Kik Delete Page’ from this ‘https: //ws.kik.com/delete’ link.
- There on the page, type your ‘Email ID as well as Username’ that are associated with your Kik account.
- Then, choose the reason for permanently deleting your Kik account from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on the ‘Go’ button to let the Kik website email you containing a link for permanently deleting your Kik account.
- Once you receive the email, open it, and click on the ‘Permanently Deactivate’ link to delete your Kik account. That’s it!
Now, based on the few Kik Messenger chat application review, we would like to conclude that though the app maintains itself among the top messaging application list with having numerous advanced features and functions but, the few potential risk of using it that you should watch-out includes the following: As most of the time you’ll be chatting with anonymous users on Kik Messenger so, you can be a part of either Cyberbullying or victim of experiencing inappropriate content as well as behavior. So, be always cautious while using Kik or other similar online messaging apps!
- Is Kik A Cheating App?
You cannot categorize Kik Messenger as a cheating app particularly but yes, if you ever suspected that your partner might be cheating on you then, you can find out whether your partner is cheating on you or not simply by keeping an eye on apps like Kik Messenger and Snapchat. It is so because, according to a survey, for adulterers, the real hubs of kinky communication are mainly these messaging apps.
- Is Kik A Dating App?
No, Kik is not a dating app rather it’s a popular mobile messaging app that lets people of all respects meet their communication needs with each other on this platform. But, if you want you can consider Kik as a dating app to find your prospective partners as there’s no harm in doing so until and unless your intentions are pretty much clear that you’re only looking for some relationship goals.
- Is Kik Safe To Send Pictures?
Kik is considered quite a safe platform for adults and that is what, one of the major reasons for its huge popularity. But, the level of Kik Messenger safety mainly depends upon how smartly and securely you use the application. So, the answer to this particular question ‘Is Kik Safe to Send Pictures’ depends on factors like to whom you’re sending pictures. It is so because, if you’re sending pictures with those people whom you know and trust completely then, there’s no harm in sharing. However, if you’re sending pictures to those who’re anonymous to you then, chances are that person may use it to find you and even harass you. So, be cautious!
- Kik Privacy
In terms of privacy and safety, Kik is considered a quite effective messaging application that won’t let anyone see your email address, birth-date, or phone number. The application only uses your ‘Username’ to display on your profile in order to let you connect with other Kik users, unlike some other messaging applications that use your personal information for the same. To be precise, Kik messaging application is one of the most private messaging application tools that consider your privacy and keeps your phone number as well as your email address completely private.
- Is Kik Really Anonymous?
The answer to the question ‘Is Kik really anonymous?’ is yes! Kik is another anonymous messaging application available on the Internet. To use Kik, individuals need to just sign up with their name and email address only. There’s no requirement of adding your phone number to begin communication with other users who’re available on the platform. So, concerning the aforementioned fact, users on Kik can be identified by their username only (that can be a hoax). Therefore, one can say that privacy and anonymity is a big part of this app’s appeal.
- Is Kik Only Used For Sexting?
For the fact that Kik messaging application offers more anonymity than regular texting apps, there’re users (the majority of them) that use it as an application for ‘Sexting.’ So, with time, the app has become such a popular platform for sexting that the word ‘Sexting’ is considered virtually synonymous with the Kik chat app. But, this doesn’t mean that the Kik application is only used for sexting because the usage of the app depends on person to person.