Let’s say that one day you decide to click some pretty cool pictures for Instagram, and when you are done clicking them, you open the app to post them. But….
On your attempt to post them, you get the message saying “This action was blocked. Please try again later” instead. You must be wondering what just happened? And why?
I know… all your excitement about gathering likes and getting famous may come flushing down in an instant. But worry not, as we have prepared an easy guide for this issue.
Even though Instagram is a mega social media platform, it is sadly not a perfect app. And it still keeps working to update its features, so that there aren’t any bugs and glitches that the users will have to face.
So if you have faced this issue time and time again, we have brought you some easy fixes. In this article, we will discuss why Instagram doesn’t let you post, what are the possible things you won’t be able to post and what are its fixes. So without further ado, let’s get right into it!
Why won’t Instagram Let Me Post?
If you are unable to post on Instagram, then it’s undoubtedly an issue to talk about. Because it’s 2022, and you can’t show your followers what you want to share. That sounds absurd. Nobody wants to face such an issue and lag behind by not staying up to date, especially in today’s time. There can be many possible reasons why Instagram isn’t letting you post. We are going to discuss some of them below.
- Bad internet connection: A poor internet connection can get in the way of successful posting on Instagram.
- Third-party apps: In order to increase Instagram followers, some users tend to use third-party apps. Due to this, there is a big chance for Instagram to consider such accounts as either fake or bots – leading to the issue of not letting them post.
- Posting a lot: If you’re posting a lot, then there are chances of being banned by Instagram because posting or commenting a lot can be considered spamming, which goes against the guidelines of Instagram.
- Breaking Community Guidelines: If the photo or video that you are trying to post needs to have a certain visual or trigger warning before being visible to users, and you haven’t provided them with any, then this issue will arise.
- Defective file: The possibility of the file being corrupted can also cause the problem of Instagram not letting you post.
- Outdated App: You have to make sure that your app isn’t pending for an update, since the old versions can get defected or deprived of smooth functioning features.
- You have been blocked: There can be a mistake from either Instagram’s side or your side, like violating community guidelines, that can lead to your account getting blocked by Instagram.
- Device Storage: If your device’s storage is full or Instagram doesn’t have access to it, then the app won’t be able to function smoothly and cause such issues.
- Wrong format: If you are not using an image format and using a different one instead, (like doc, etc.) then Instagram will not let you post it.
- Over 30 hashtags used: The maximum limit set by Instagram to use hashtags under one post is 30. If your number surpasses it, then you will have to edit them by reducing them, so you can post.
- Size Limit: If your image or video size is exceeding the size limit set by Instagram, just as the ratio, then your image will not get posted.
- Image ratio: Instagram has some rations set by default when you are uploading pictures. If your image or video is not as per the selected ratios by Instagram, then you won’t be able to post it.
|Instagram Image Size/Ratio Limit||320 and 1080 pixels||566 to 1350 pixels||1.91:1 up to 4:5|
|Clips in posts||IGTV||Stories|
|Instagram Time Limit||60 seconds||Mobile– 15 minutesPC- 60 minutes||15 seconds|
These were some possible reasons why there is a high possibility that the users will face the issue that Instagram is not letting them post. Now, we will discuss what are the problems in posting that the users can face on Instagram.
A Spectrum of Errors for Posting on Instagram
There are many errors related to posting on Instagram and the app not being able to refresh the feed. that the users seem to face, and it is not just simply about posting, but what you are posting. Now we will discuss in brief what issues related to posting on Instagram you can face and why it is happening.
- Photos or Videos: If you are unable to post on Instagram, then your size limit or ratio might be exceeded. Another reason can be the content you are posting goes against Instagram’s community guidelines.
- Edit Posts: To edit posts, you need to have a good internet connection, as a poor network can lead to errors in the action. Another reason can be that Instagram is down- it’s rare but not impossible.
- Multiple Posts: When you have your background refresh turned on, an issue in uploading pics is likely to occur. Switching it off may prevent the issue from happening.
- Stories: This is a very common and frustrating issue. It mostly happens due to errors in connectivity. If your signal is low, or you are in a ground area, then the story won’t be able to be posted.
- Music: The reason you are not able to post music on your stories or posts is that the music is not available in your region, or you haven’t updated Instagram to its latest version.
- Tagged Posts: If you can’t see the post that you are tagged in, then there is a possibility that the post has either been deleted or includes content that goes against Instagram’s community guidelines.
- Comment: If you are unable to post a comment, then the comment might include words that are banned by Instagram, or maybe you’ve already commented many times and now Instagram thinks that you are spamming.
Now that you have an idea about why you are not able to post on Instagram, the following are some easy fixes to solve this issue. Let’s move ahead without further ado.
Steps to Solve “Instagram won’t Let Me Post”
Not being able to post on Instagram and sharing what you want to with your friends and followers can kill the vibe. Even though there are millions of people who stay active on Instagram every day, there are those too who face problems like this, one time or the other. And so we have brought some easy-to-follow steps and with their help, you will be able to figure out what was causing the problem and how you can get away with them.
Update the Instagram app.
- Open App Store.
- Tap on the profile icon.
- Scroll down and see if Instagram has an update.
- If it does, tap on Update as shown below.
Restart your device and reinstall Instagram
- Long press the lock button and slide the bar.
- After the device switches on, reinstall Instagram from the App store.
- Now you can try to relaunch the app, and it should be good to go.
Check internet connection
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Check that your Wi-Fi’s signal strength is good.
Clear Cache of Instagram
- Open Settings and go to General.
- Then select iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down and tap on Instagram.
- After that, press the ‘offload app’ option, which means even if the app gets uninstalled, your data still remains saved on the device.
Restart or Reboot your device
- Long press the power button of your device and tap on reboot or restart.
- After the restart is done, launch the app again.
- Go to Settings and select Storage.
- Tap on clean-up button, and then press Junk files to permanently delete the files.
- Then go to Settings and select Apps.
- Tap on Instagram and select Storage.
- Then tap on Clear Cache.
Note: If clearing the cache doesn’t help in solving your issue, then you can tap on clear data and see if the issue gets resolved.
- Open Play Store and in the search bar enter Instagram.
- If there is an update for it then tap on Update as shown in the picture below.
Q1. Why can’t I log in to Instagram?
If you are facing a problem logging into Instagram, then it can be due to the following reasons:
- Instagram is down.
- You are using an outdated version.
- Poor internet connection.
- Your account is blocked by Instagram.
Q2. What are the size and ratio requirements of Instagram?
As per Instagram Help Centre, the image resolution is supported up to 1080 pixels and the ratio is between 1.91:1 and 4:5.