YouTube is undoubtedly the best platform to download and watch videos of different genres. There is an enormous collection of videos available on YouTube that you cannot even imagine of. As per the sources, 300 hours of videos are uploaded to YouTube every minute. So, you can conclude that how commonly this platform is used for entertainment purpose.
Now the problem arises when you want to continue with the fun of watching videos even when there is no internet. YouTube plays videos only when your device is connected to a network. But what if you are traveling or just want to relax while watching your favourite movie or a show and there is no internet? To get away with such a frightening situation, you must keep some videos downloaded on your device and watch them on the move.
Is It Possible To Download YouTube Videos?
You can only save YouTube videos for offline use but downloading them for own use is not permitted. The platform only provides the following options, you can:
- watch the videos later by adding them to the ‘Watch Later’ playlist
- Download them and watch them offline but it will not be saved on your device and only on the YouTube app.
- Share the link of the video to any of your contacts.
- Create different playlists to save related videos and watch them at the time of your choice.
There is no option to download the video on your device, however, you can use any third-party apps to get the job done.
Download YouTube Videos with Premium Subscription
If you have a YouTube Premium subscription, you get some advantage over others. There is no need to use any third-party software or app to download the videos offline, here are the other benefits that you will receive:
- Ad-free videos
- Download videos to watch offline
- Play in the background
- YouTube Music app
- Ad-free music
- Download music to listen offline
- Play videos in the background
- Ad-free YouTube Kids
- Google Play Music at no additional cost
YouTube’s Premium Subscription allows you to download videos and music on your mobile devices to watch and listen offline for up to 30 days without being connected to the internet.
To save a video offline, press the ‘Download’ button and select the quality. Once the video gets downloaded, you can find it in the Library or Account tab.
Methods to Download YouTube Videos for PC and Android
If you will Google it, you may get confused with so many options you will see for downloading YouTube videos. Here we have compiled a list of 100% working links of genuine downloaders that will help you to download a YouTube video for your PC along with the download process.
Method- 1 Direct Download without Using Any Software or Website
It is one of the easiest options to download YouTube videos without any difficulty as follows:
- Go to the official website of YouTube in a browser on your computer or phone.
- Open the YouTube video that you want to download.
- Next, go to the video’s address given at the top of the browser’s window and then add the word ‘and’ before ‘youtube’ written in the address and press ‘enter’.
- You will be directed towards the download page of the video.
- Scroll down and select the quality you want for the video. Normally, the best one is HD 720, click on the green button for the download process to begin.
- On the next page, the video will start playing, click on the three buttons icon in the bottom left corner of the player and click on ‘Download’ to start with the process.
- The video will start downloading, go to Downloads folder to view or watch it.
This is another hack to download YouTube videos without visiting any website or using any software.
- Go to the official website of YouTube in a browser on your computer or phone and open the video you want to download.
- Next, go to the video’s address given at the top of the browser’s window and then add the word ‘ss’ before ‘youtube’ written in the address and press ‘Enter’.
- You will be directed towards the download page of the video. A pop-up will appear, click on the option ‘Free download’.
- Select the quality of the video and proceed to download.
- The video will start playing, click on the three buttons icon in the bottom left corner of the player and click on ‘Download’ to start with the process.
Method- 2 Using Third-Party Apps
Using 4K Video Downloader
4K Video Downloader is one of the best options to get videos downloaded on your PC.
- Once the download is complete, install the setup file by double-clicking the file and following the on-screen instructions.
- Go to www.youtube.com in a browser and open the video you want to download. Then copy the link of the video from the top.
- Open the 4K Video Downloader on your computer and click on ‘Paste Link’.
- It will extract the video you copied and select a format for your video from the ‘Format’ menu.
- Next, you have to select the quality in which you want to download the video. You will see the highest quality selected by default, however, you can change the same if your device doesn’t support it.
- Click on ‘Download’ once you are done selecting the quality and the video will start downloading. Right-click on the downloaded file and select ‘Play’ if you want to play it.
Tubemate app is one of the best options if you want to download YouTube videos on your Android device.
- Go to https://tubemate.net on a browser to download the app as it has been removed by Google from the Play Store. So you need to manually download the apk file.
- Touch the ‘APKMirror’ link to download and it will bring you to the page on which you will get the link to download.
- Press the ‘Download APK’ button and make sure you are not tapping on any other links shown on the page.
- A pop-up will appear that if you want to keep the file, press ‘Ok’.
- This will download the file on your device, press ‘Open’ when you see a confirmation message on the screen.
- Hit ‘Install’ to start installing the app, select agree for the terms and conditions and click ‘Ok’ for the permissions pop-up.
- Tubemate will display a screen that will look similar to YouTube. Look for the video you want to download and tap the red arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen to get the available download options.
- Next, select one of the MP4 formats to download the video and then tap the red arrow icon. Doing this will start the download process and once it is over, you can simply view it in the gallery of your phone.
How to Download Videos from YouTube for iPhone or iPad?
If you own an Apple device, you may face some difficulties in downloading YouTube videos. You can try using ‘keepvid’ downloader by following the step by step instructions provided here:
- Firstly, you will need to install the ‘Documents’ app on your device from the App store.
- Next, launch YouTube on your iPhone or iPad.
- In the search video, look for the video that you want to download.
- Beneath the video, you will see some options, tap ‘Share’ and you will see a number of sharing options.
- You just have to copy the link of the video by tapping on ‘Copy Link’.
- Now, go to the Documents app that you installed earlier.
- Once the app launches properly, press the blue compass icon and this will open a web browser.
- In the browser, go to the link https://keepvid.pro and then tap and hold the ‘Enter Link’ field.
- Choose the ‘Paste’ option and the copied video link will appear there.
- Tap the ‘Download Now’ button and you will see some download options.
- Move to the bottom and tap ‘Best Download’ option, you will see the ‘Save File’ screen.
- Rename the file if you want and press ‘Done’ to download the video on your iPhone or iPad.
- Add the Readdle folder to the Files app to easily access the downloaded videos and to watch the videos, go to Files and in the ‘Downloads’ section of ‘Documents’ folder, tap the video to watch it.
Using all the above methods you can simply save a YouTube video to your computer
Some other downloaders to download YouTube videos for free are:
Vidmate, Videoder, Snaptube, Itubego, YouTube Go, InsTube, NewPipe, Airy YouTube Downloader. And if you are looking for how to save YouTube videos on Mac then Airy downloader is the best answer for you.
Is It Legal To Download YouTube Videos?
No, it is not legally allowed to download YouTube videos and you can only download them for offline use. You are not allowed to use any third-party program or interface to download videos and downloading any of the YouTube videos means you are breaching YouTube’s terms. Downloading the copyrighted content is equal to breaking the law.
But is there a way out of this situation? Yes, there are some legal ways to download YouTube videos. You can use some of the third-party YouTube video downloaders to download videos for which the copyright laws do not apply or videos for which the copyright grants you a right to reproduce the video. However, downloading the videos will still break YouTube’s Terms of Service, but it will not fall under a criminal act.
The types of videos you can legally download on YouTube falls under the following category:
Creative Commons: When the artist has the copyright with him but has provided the public with the permission to reproduce and distribute the work.
Public domain: When the copyright has expired, forfeited, waived, or is not applicable from the start. If no one ‘owns’ the video, it means the public can freely reproduce and distribute the content.
Copyleft: It means anyone has the right to reproduce, distribute, and modify the work, as long as the same rights apply to derivative content.
You can find a lot of videos on YouTube that fall under one of the above categories.
Some Amazing Facts and Numbers about YouTube
- YouTube videos get 1,000,000,000 views by mobile per day.
- On 23 April 2005, the very first video of YouTube was uploaded.
- Approx. number of persons who use YouTube- 1,300,000,000.
- 80% of YouTube’s viewers are from outside the U.S.
- Every single day 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube.
YouTube Video is not Playing
YouTube Video is not Working on Android
YouTube Videos is not Playing on iPhone
Create Quality YouTube Video
Download YouTube Videos on Android