But still, there are some ways that will help you get what you want. If you are keen on knowing How to download songs from YouTube, you can consider the options provided in this guide.
How to Download Music from YouTube to Computer or Phone?
Method-1 Using VD
This method can help you achieve two motives- one to download music from YouTube and others to get the videos downloaded on your device. Here is how:
- Open a browser on your PC or mobile and go to youtube.com.
- Next, open the music video you want to rip the audio from and the video will start playing. Go to the URL of the video and add the word ‘vd’ in front of ‘youtube’ and press enter.
- You will see the music video and some options to download it.
- On scrolling down, you will see multiple links to download the video or audio of the song. To rip songs from YouTube, you can select any of the formats out of webm, m4a or mp3 where it is written ‘audio only’. Mp3 is considered the most suitable format to get the best quality audio. Click on the ‘Download’ option given in front of the mp3 link.
- The audio will start playing in a new tab. You have to click on the three dots icon and then click ‘Download’, the audio will start downloading.
Method-2 Using YouTube to MP3 Converter
You can also use YouTube audio downloader to get the song downloaded on your device. Here are the steps that you need to apply one by one:
- First of all, go to the link https://ytmp3.cc/en11/ and you will see the screen as shown below.
- In a new tab, go to youtube.com and open the video you want to download the audio for. Copy the link of the video from the address bar by right-clicking and selecting ‘Copy’ or select the address and press ‘Ctrl+C’.
- Go to the previous tab and paste the link in the given space, click on ‘Convert’.
- Click on the download option and the YouTube song will start downloading.
Method-3 Using 4K Video Downloader
Another method to download songs from YouTube is by using the 4K Video Downloader as explained below:
- Go to the link to download the downloader https://www.4kdownload.com/products/product-videodownloader and after downloading, click on the setup file to start the installation process. Launch the app once installed.
- To rip music from YouTube video, open it in a browser and copy the link.
- Now, moving back to the downloader, click on the option ‘Paste link’. It will start preparing the clip for download.
- In the drop-down menu for ‘download video’, select ‘extract audio’. The format drop-down menu will automatically change to ‘mp3’ from ‘mp4’. You can even select any other audio format you want.
- Also, select the quality you want the audio to be downloaded in. Selecting the original quality is recommended. Then click on ‘Extract’ to start the downloading process.
- The audio will start downloading and will be saved on your device. You can even right-click on it to play.
Method-4 Using Freemake YouTube to MP3 Converter
To rip off music from YouTube using this converter, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit the link https://www.freemake.com/download?id=FreemakeYoutubeToMP3Boom.exe to download the converter on your device. After downloading, complete the installation process to launch the program.
- Next, copy the link of the video from YouTube for which you want to get the audio and paste it in the space provided and hit the search icon. It will start looking for the required audio and will take some time to parse the audio.
- Once it shows the link of the audio, click on the ‘downward arrow’ icon to start the download process.
- You will be able to see the download progress in the top right corner of the converter’s screen.
- After it has been downloaded on your device, you will see the option to ‘show in folder’ or ‘play’ it there and then.
These were some of the helpful YouTube music downloaders that can be used to download music from YouTube. Besides this, YouTube has introduced its ‘YouTube Music’ app to listen to unlimited songs. This will not let you download YouTube music but still is useful for some users to some extent. If interested, you can subscribe to ‘YouTube Music Premium’ to listen to ad-free music offline or with your screen off. Basically, this app will serve the purpose of listening to audio plus video songs and you can create your own world of your favorite music.