Do you wish to watch worldwide content with one Netflix Account?
If that is the case, you have to scroll down the following blog to know how to access and enjoy streaming on Netflix through different regions, different countries, and locations. You can easily binge-watch Netflix of different regions or locations anytime, anywhere. Just sit back, grab some popcorn and go through this quick Manual to enjoy your Netflix night.
You need to know that in some countries, the Netflix library, a compiled list of shows and series, is region-specific and region-restricted. That means, all the Netflix shows can not be accessed in all the countries.
For example, if you are travelling from the US to Spain, you won’t be able to watch the same shows that you left watching midway, as you will lose access to those shows. Netflix has a regional library for every country and location that is restricted to be used by the users of any other country.
Netflix’s library changes the content titles according to the region, due to the agreements and demands of the show producers.
To know more, let’s go with the flow!
How does the VPN Help in Watching Netflix Shows?
SNEAK PEEK: Just use a paid VPN Service provider, to watch Netflix series and shows anytime, anywhere!
A VPN helps you to connect to the internet services through a third party, through the tunnelling process. It creates a temporary IP, and replaces it with the original one, spoofing your location. By this, you can easily access all the shows and series depending on your desired region, location, or country.
Now, you may ask, why take the trouble to look for ways to access Netflix from different locations?
Well, do you not wish to watch content, like Batman: The Killing Joke, Dexter, Criminal Minds, etc. from your country, which is only available in the US?
To watch these shows in continuation, you will have to take some mini efforts that will allow you to bypass these geo-restrictions.
Near or far, get a taste of home, by watching the Netflix shows!
Use Netflix from Different Locations, Without Getting Caught
But, before getting started, just check out this huge list of shows that you have been missing out on, as they are only available in certain locations.
|Canada||1981, The Bad, Senna, The Fall of American Empire, 1987|
|Australia||Aeroplane, Detectorists, The Gateway, Remains of the Day|
|France||A judgement in Stone, Black Cat White Cat, Desert Heat|
|Brazil||Gonzaga, Cinema Novo, Future June|
|Japan||Kung Fu Panda 3, Rashomon, Cinema Paradiso|
|Germany||Fin, Wackerdorf, The Bees and the Birds|
|USA||The Twilight Zone, Two Lovers, and a Bear, Stargate SG01|
|Netherlands||The Serpent, The Story of God, Into the Labyrinth|
You can also check the following list of countries with their respective content titles. This list will help you to see the number of shows produced in the region-specific library by the countries so that you can keep track and watch the trending shows with the help of this guidebook.
|Country||Number of content title|
By this time, we are well-informed about the amazing shows that we’ve missed due to regional restrictions. But, not anymore!
To enjoy all the award-winning Netflix shows, what we have to do is act like camouflage.
How do we do that? Let’s get into the blog now!
|POINTS TO REMEMBER:|
Netflix can easily check and match your IP with DNS whenever you try to access the service from a different region. If found fishy, it will block your Netflix Account with a proxy error.
Also note, that you can not hide from Netflix, as it can easily notice if you are doing anything fishy or unethical to access the different locations. This can lead to blocking your IP address or your Account.
How to Change Netflix Region in 4 steps?
Let’s check out the easiest way that enables you to access the leading geo-restricted shows, by adding a VPN service provider.
- Step 1: Subscribe to any VPN(paid/unpaid, it is recommended to use a paid app)
- Step 2: Download the VPN app or use it online through the browser
- Step 3: Login to your Netflix Account and turn on the VPN Services, to connect it to your desired region’s server.
- Step 4: Now, you can easily explore and enjoy the Netflix library, which is filled with Original shows across other countries.
Along with the general method, there are many other methods to use Netflix from a different location, as many users are using Netflix through different software programs and devices. We have a way out for every device. But, for that, you have to be patient.
As you are patiently reading the blog, let’s scroll down to explore the process for other devices, starting from iPhone.
How to Change Netflix Location on iPhone?
Let’s check out the mini-steps to use a Canadian Netflix, sitting in the US, that too through an iPhone.
- Step 1: Go to the App Store and download a reliable VPN Service Provider (Avoid downloading an unpaid VPN App)
- Step 2: Install and login to your downloaded VPN App with the required credentials
- Step 3: Connect to a different regional server on your VPN services app, depending upon the Netflix show you want to watch.
- Step 4: Login to your Netflix App, to access a different content library, you will find several content titles.
How to Change Netflix Location on Android?
After enjoying your evenings with different Netflix content on iPhone, Android users might wonder what they are supposed to do.
But, don’t worry, as we’ve got you covered!
To access Netflix Shows from different locations on Android devices, check out the steps below.
- Step 1: Download the App from the Play Store and subscribe to a trusted VPN Provider
- Step 2: Install the VPN app and log in to your VPN account with appropriate login details
- Step 3: Connect to the internet services of your choice, as per your desired Netflix shows
- Step 4: Login to your Netflix account and access to enjoy your Netflix from a different region.
What do you think about gaming and binge-watching together? Sounds interesting, right!
Let’s dig in to watch Netflix through PS4, that too in a different region.
How to Change Netflix Location on PS4 ?
Before getting started with the process,
Note: You can not download any VPN App directly on PS4 Controller, but you can change the Netflix location on PS4 by using MediaStreamer(devices like- Chromecast, Apple TV, etc., that helps you to stream the content directly through the Internet).
Now, let’s begin with the easy-going process. We will show you two methods, just in case, the first one does not work for you.
Method1- Using a Reliable VPN
- Step 1: Delete your pre-installed Netflix App from your PS4 device.
- Step 2: Find a reliable VPN(recommended to use a paid VPN) address for the country as per your choice of Netflix library.
- Step 3: Set up your Router with the new VPN address
- Step 4: Now, reinstall Netflix App and log in to watch the shows.
Method2- Using XMB Menu
- Step 1: Go to the XMB menu, under your PS4 account
- Step 2: Go to Settings and click on Network Settings
- Step 3: Choose “Set Up Internet Connection” and select “use Wi-Fi” connection, prompted on the screen (do not forget to set the connection method as “easy”)
- Step 4: Now, connect to your Wi-Fi network with the password.
- Step 5: Do not forget, to choose “do not disturb proxy server”, as prompter on your screen
- Step 6: Now, accept all the instructions on the screen and click on run to “test connection”
- Enjoy Streaming American Netflix!
Combination of Xbox and Netflix? Are you kidding me?
No, it is true. Now, you can use Netflix with Xbox by changing the region to the US, Canada, or any other region of your choice. Gaming and streaming from the best gaming console will make life easier for all the multitaskers out there.
How to Change Netflix Location on Xbox?
You can use the following method if you are in a different country and want to use Netflix of a different location via Xbox. For example, if you are in Canada, and you want to use US Netflix.
As Xbox does not support installing VPN Apps, you will have to put some effort into it. But, we will make sure to make your efforts easy. Just move it down!
You can use Netflix on Xbox (of a different region) by sharing your Windows PC’s connection with the console, and for that, you need to scroll down the steps.
- Step 1: Subscribe and download a reliable VPN Service Provider on your Windows PC or Tablet or any other Windows compatible device.
- Step 2: Enter the login credentials to set up your VPN
- Step 3: Make sure to connect your Xbox device to your PC with an Ethernet Cable
- Step 4: Right-click the Windows Start Button from the Taskbar
- Step 5: Now, go to Settings and open “Network and Internet”
- Step 6: Open “Change adapter settings” from the status tab and right-click on your VPN
- Step 7: Now, click on Properties and open the “Sharing” tab
- Step 8: Select on “Allow other users to connect…” to select a private network connection
- Step 9: Choose your Xbox Ethernet connection and press on Xbox button from your gaming controller
- Step 10: Now, tap on the plugin“RB” button thrice, and choose “Settings”
- Step 11: Open the Network tab and go to “Network Settings”
- Step 12: Select Test Network Connection to check the VPN Connection
- Step 13: From here, connect to a US server or any other server, under your VPN, from your PC
Enjoy your US Netflix account in Canada, hassle-free!
Are you also craving to watch the Netflix shows on the big screen of your TV?
If so, let’s go with the flow!
How to Change your Netflix Region on a Smart TV?
To enjoy the benefits of Netflix shows from a different region, that too on your TV, just follow the steps below:’
- Step 1: Select a reliable VPN Service provider
- Step 2: Download a VPN, and connect it to a server of your desired country.
- Step 3: Go through your Smart TV Settings, change the region and start streaming
How to Change your Netflix Region on Roku?
If you find it more convenient to use Netflix through Roku, just go through the following steps.
- Step 1: Set up a VPN router and connect it to your Roku device
- Step 2: Now, create a VPN Wi-Fi hotspot and connect it directly to your Roku device
- Step 3: From here, you can screencast Roku, by using a VPN-protected Android smartphone or tablet.
Best VPNs for Netflix Location Change
- Express VPN
- Surf Shark
Login to Netflix on a Browser, from a Different Region
Don’t feel like downloading the Netflix App?
If you feel like using Netflix from a different location online, just go through the following.
To log in to Netflix online from a different location, through Windows or Safari, or any other Browser, just follow the track below.
- Step 1: Install a reliable VPN service on your windows or any other Browser
- Step 2: Now, plug in one end of your Ethernet to your PS4
- device and the other end should be connected to your PC
- Step 3: Go to “Control Panel” from your PS4 device, and click on “Network and Sharing Center”
- Step 4: Now, change “Adapter Settings” from the left side of your screen
- Step 5: Right-click on your VPN service provider and select Properties
- Step 6: Now after opening the “Sharing Tab”, enable “Allow Other Network Users to Connect Through This Computer’s Internet Connection”
- Step 7: Go to “Home Networking Connection” and go to the drop-down menu that shows all the available internet connections. From here, choose the connection and connect to your PS4 controller
- Step 8: Now, go to your VPN app, choose and connect it with a country-specific server you wish to choose.
You can also set it up by choosing a LAN cable, just go to the XMB menu from your PS4 Settings and click on Network Settings.
Now, under Network Settings, choose “Set up Internet Connection” and select LAN cable, when prompted.
Change your Netflix Location Without a VPN
If you do not wish to buy or pay for a VPN service provider, or if you feel that a free VPN is unsafe, you can also change the location by using the DNS proxy method, this method might be a little weaker compared to the VPN services. But, it can work without a VPN.
And you can easily watch Netflix shows from a different library, just by following the mini-steps:
- Step 1: Just start with a DNS Server address, from your internet service provider.
- Step 2: Now, go to Network settings from your device
- Step 3: Click on “Custom and Manual” to enter the DNS server addresses manually
- Step 4: Restart your network connection to activate DNS Settings
- Step 5: Login to your Netflix account to access the regional library of your choice
A1. You can use a free VPN, but use it at your own risk. As the free VPN s are not reliable, their security protocols are weaker than the paid ones.
A2. No, it is not illegal unless and until you don’t access any inappropriate content.
A3. The USA has the best Netflix currently due to the maximum number of content titles and shows, i.e. more than 5900.
A4. You can change the location on your phone when logging in to a VPN Service Provider. Install the VPN app, log in to the VPN Account and choose the country you wish to connect to the Netflix library.
A5. There are chances that Netflix bans your VPN network, but mostly, it happens with the free VPN services. That’s why it is recommended to use paid VPN services.
More Related to Netflix: