Even though today there are many options for mail and doing corporate work, Yahoo Mail is still remembered as the old goat in the game back in its time. Back in the day, all we really had in the name of the email was Yahoo Mail, and many of us certainly still have our accounts on it.
Back in 2007, Yahoo! updated its Terms of Service, and made it mandatory for all users to verify their accounts with a phone number. Since then, many people have asked Yahoo! to avoid this procedure. However, Yahoo! has stated that they will not remove the option to add a phone verification. It also violates their Terms of Service because a phone number is an official identification and is optional. There are still people who tend to stick to using the traditional email service and are quite fed up with the verification via phone number process.
In this guide, we are going to talk about how you can bypass Yahoo Phone number verification and sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
Why Is Yahoo Phone Number Verification Important?
Yahoo’s phone number verification is an important process where a user is required to verify their identity by providing their mobile phone number. This can be done via a text message or an automated call. Yahoo made it mandatory for users to verify their mobile numbers because it wants to ensure that only genuine users can access its services. If any spammer or cybercriminal tries to use Yahoo’s services without legitimate reason, they will be blocked from using it again.
This also ensures that spammers do not use Yahoo’s services for sending out messages to random people. Many companies use this type of verification process to ensure that only real customers are using their services and not spammers or cybercriminals who want to spread viruses through them. This helps them save time and money and avoid legal issues later on down the line. By verifying the phone number, you also add an extra layer of security, and you can protect your account from unauthorized access.
Now you know how vital Yahoo phone verification is. If you still want to know how to skip Yahoo phone verification, let’s dive into that.
How to Bypass Yahoo Phone Verification?
Yahoo email phone verification is a security feature that requires the users to verify their phone number if they sign up for a new Yahoo account. This helps prevent unauthorized access and other malicious activity on your account.
If you’ve already verified your phone number, you can skip this step when signing up for a new Yahoo account or when you want to reset your password or confirm your identity. However, if you don’t have a smartphone, or if you don’t want to use it for this purpose, then there are ways to bypass it:
Use an App like Google Voice or TextNow
If you have an Android or iOS device, you can use apps like Google Voice or Text Now to call your number from another device. You can also use these apps to send complimentary text messages from your computer. These apps are convenient when bypassing any verification code provided by any website or service provider. The process of signup to Yahoo email is straightforward. Just follow the below-given steps to sign up for Yahoo Mail by using TextNow and Google voice:
- The first thing you have to do is to download the TextNow app. To download the TextNow app on android, click here; for iPhone, click here; and for browser, visit Textnow.com.
- After downloading the TextNow app, follow the onscreen prompt to set up the account and not down the number you see in the setup process, as you need the number in the signup process of Yahoo Mail.
- If you forgot to note down the number, don’t worry; click on the three-line in the top left corner of the App.
Now you have the number, so let’s create a yahoo email account using this phone number.
- Go to Yahoo.com, and click on the “Sign in” option located in the top-right corner.
- On the next screen, click on the Create New Account.
- Now enter the details like First name, last name, email address password, and in the Phone number field, enter the number you got from the text now and click on Continue.
- Now, Yahoo will send the verification code on the TextNow mobile number you entered. Open the TextNow app and open the text message sent by Yahoo and copy the Verification code.
- Enter the verification code into Yahoo and click on Continue.
Your account is entirely set up now. You can enjoy the benefits of the Yahoo email account.
Using Google Voice
- To get a Google voice number, go to voice.google.com and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Read the terms & conditions and click on Continue.
- Now search for the mobile number you want by entering your zip and city codes.
- Select the number you want from the list, click on Next, and follow the onscreen prompt to set up the account.
You got the number from Google, and now you can sign up for Yahoo using this mobile number.
Follow the first four steps from the above; after that, go to voice.google.com, go to messages in the Google Voice, copy the verification code, enter it into Yahoo, and click on Continue.
Use Another Email Address
If you do not want to use any third-party app or service for this purpose, you can use another email address for login purposes instead of your regular one, which will help you bypass this process easily without any trouble! Let’s discuss how to sign up for Yahoo email using Another email address.
Creating a Yahoo email account using another Gmail or Outlook email address is easy. Just follow the below-given steps:
- Go to Yahoo.com and click on Sign in.
- On the next screen, click on Create an account.
- Now click on “I want to use my current email address”.
- Enter the details First Name, Last Name, email address (Gmail, Outlook email), password, and date of birth & click on Continue.
- Yahoo will send you the verification code on the email address entered.
- Enter the verification code or click on the link in the email for verification.
Your account is created, and Now you can use your email address.
Use any VoIP service like Skype or Viber
If you want to bypass the phone verification and don’t want to use your mobile number, you can do so by using a VoIP service like Skype, Viber, etc. This is the easiest way to bypass the email verification process. All you have to do is download one of these apps on your mobile phone, log in with your Yahoo account, and enter the code displayed on your screen. Once you have entered this code, your account will get verified.
The only disadvantage of this method is that it might take some time for the app to connect with your mobile network provider, and hence it might take longer than usual. But if you are not in a hurry, this is a good option for you!
There are methods to bypass Yahoo number authentication as mentioned above, First, we recommend you to use anonymous calling apps like TextNow or Google Voice. Most of these apps are absolutely free, and you can create a new number in it and start using that anonymous number with your yahoo account. Also, you can use another email address or even create a new yahoo account without mobile and phone verification, which will bypass it. We know that you want to get past this irritating process, so we have shared different ways to accomplish that easily.
Why Does Google Require a Phone Number for Verification?
The reason behind this is to protect your and other users’ privacy. It may seem weird, but Yahoo needs your phone number in order to make sure that the account is used by a real person. Making the misuse of the service much more difficult, here is what Yahoo needs your phone number for:
- To verify you’re human— As discussed earlier, Yahoo needs a phone number to make sure that the account is being used by an actual and genuine person and so when signing up for a Google account, you will have to enter some of your personal information, such as your name, birthday, and gender. Even though all of that can prove you are human, it is not enough for Yahoo . And that is why it sends a verification code to your phone. The main reason why Yahoo asks you for a phone number is to confirm that you are not a robot.
- To manage spam accounts— There have been speculations about how many accounts Yahoo allows per number. And when you hit a maximum number of accounts, Google will send you a message informing you about it. This is a useful service for managing spam accounts.
- For preventing hacking— Whenever you sign in to your account, Yahoo performs a risk analysis. And if it suspects any unusual activity, it asks security questions that you answered upon signing up. You can also opt for two-step verification. This is a method designed to prevent unrecognized login by sending a verification code to the account’s owner whenever it spots some suspicious activity, such as signing in from a new device, an unknown IP address, or a different location.
- Recovering accounts— While creating an account, Yahoo asks the user to select a method of recovery. The safest one is your phone number. Because if someone hacks into your account and somehow manages to change the password, Google will send a reset code to your phone number, and you will be able to regain access and control of your account.
- Go to the Yahoo Login page and enter your email address.
- Then tap on Next and when it asks you for your password, click on the “I Forgot My Password” option.
- After that, Yahoo will try to verify the missing digits of your mobile number, then click on the “No, I don’t know the Digits” option.
- Sign in to the Yahoo Account Security page.
- Then click on Edit next to the verification option that you wish to remove.
- Now click the Edit icon, next to the recovery option you want to delete.
- Tap on Remove from my account.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to confirm the deletion.