If you want to download a public video from Facebook, there are dozens of ways to do so, and many websites offer it. But what if you want to download a private video on Facebook? And is it even allowed? If yes, how can one download private Facebook videos?
We are here to answer all your questions in as simple a manner as possible. To find out how to get on the rollercoaster of answers and enjoy the ride!
If you are also wondering ‘how to download private videos from Facebook’, sit tight and read on! In this article, we are going to discuss how to download private Facebook videos and also list down the different sites which can help you in doing so.
About Private Videos on Facebook
There is a privacy feature on Facebook that allows Facebook users to select who can view their posts or the timeline. From the given Restricted List, the users can choose their audience and set it to ‘Private’ mode.
Basically, a private Facebook video is a video that is protected, and nobody has access to it except the owner of the video. And if you are looking forward to downloading such a video from Facebook, give the following section a read. We will be discussing the steps and different methods for it.
How to Download Private Facebook Videos?
To download private videos on Facebook, we will use one website as an example. After that, we will also be sharing a list of websites where you can download private Facebook videos, as most of them work in similar ways.
So, for instance, you have the tool FBDownloader. It has a simple and easy-to-understand layout. Now let’s see how it works and the steps to download private Facebook videos on it.
- Open Facebook and go to the video that you want to download.
- Now copy the link of the video and go to the FBDownloader website.
- After that, paste the link in the given box and click on Download Video.
- Once you click on it, the video will start getting downloaded.
Using these steps, you will be able to successfully download the private video from Facebook. Now let’s have a look at other similar sites using which you can download private Facebook videos.
Best Apps and Tools for Downloading Private Facebook Videos
Now that you know how you can download private videos on Facebook, let’s go through the list of all the available alternatives that serve the same purpose.
- Download Facebook Videos
To download both public and private videos from Facebook, you can use the browser extension Download Facebook Videos. It is compatible with Chrome and free to use too. The steps to use it are as follows:
- Open Facebook.
- Go and play the video that you want to download.
- Open the Download Facebook Videos extension and wait for some time.
- Now, the extension will read the source code and offer you different quality to download it. Select the one you want.
- After that, the download will start on a new tab, and the chosen video will be saved to your device.
Just as its name suggests, by making a few clicks on PasteDownload, you will get your desired private Facebook video downloaded to your device. To do so, follow the steps:
- Go to Facebook and open the video that you want to download.
- Now, copy the link to the video.
- After that, open the PasteDownload website and enter the copied URL there.
- Lastly, tap on Download and the video will start getting downloaded.
Another website using which you can download private videos on Facebook is Vidsaver. Just like the other websites, it works similarly with the same output.
- Open Facebook and copy the link of the private or public video that you want to download.
- Then go to the Vidsaver website and paste it there.
- Press Go < Copy < Next and now download will get started.
With a simple and super easy interface, Getfvid lets you download private Facebook videos in a very easy way. All you have to do is
- Go to Facebook and log in to your account.
- Now head over to the video that you want to download and copy its link.
- Lastly, just paste the link to the Facebook video in the box and hit download. And that’s it! You will be good to go.
Just like the different tools, extensions, and sites that we have explained so far, oDownloader is no different. Except it is a downloader for not only Facebook videos, but from social media handles too like Instagram, Twitter, etc.
To download private Facebook videos from oDownloader, follow the steps given below:
- Open Facebook, and play the video that you want to download.
- Now copy the link of the video and go to the oDownloader website.
- Paste the link in the bar given right in the middle of the website.
- Lastly, tap on Download, and then the video will start getting downloaded.
The above-given websites and tools will help you out in downloading private videos on Facebook. But is it right to use these tools for downloading someone’s private videos on Facebook? Have a look at the section below as it has the answers to the questions.
Download Private Videos in an Ethical Way
As you already know that the ways and tools discussed in the article will help you in downloading private videos on Facebook. And since they are private, that means that they are personal and made private for a reason by the owner. Private videos can contain sensitive or confidential data, personal footage, etc.
Hence, you should go ahead with downloading private videos only if you have the owner’s permission. Since the information and data in the private videos belong to the respective owner, collecting or distributing it can land you in legal trouble, especially if they are in the creative field by profession.
Downloading private videos on Facebook is a pretty simple process. The steps for it are explained in the article, with a list of different sites which let you download private Facebook videos.
However, we would also like to remind you that accessing or downloading someone’s private videos on Facebook without their consent is breaching privacy. And, this can even take you to the court if the copyright act is imposed over your actions. Hence, be careful about the whole process of downloading someone’s private videos and consider the point we have discussed before doing it.
Ans: As long as you have the permission of the owner of the video or its uploader, it is allowed and legal to download private Facebook videos.
Ans: If you are using the right tool, it is safe to download private Facebook videos. Make sure that you go through the details of the tool’s URL before using it.
Ans: Yes, it is pretty easy to download private Facebook videos on your phone.