Create Groups in Gmail for Smarter Use
Posted on December 12, 2019 | by Freddie George
Groups are the new trend of social media because it makes it very convenient for people to share data in a batch that saves time and effort. Gmail has adapted the trend too and hence it has enabled the “Email Group” feature for its people. Not instead of choosing recipients one by one, you can simply choose the group as “recipient”. So let’s discuss the aspects of creating a mailing list in Gmail.
Why do We Need Email Groups in Gmail?
There are various benefits of creating groups in Gmail. Roll your eyes on a few of them:
- Creating groups in Gmail simplifies the contact needs and make it easy to reach your contacts whom you contact on a regular basis.
- People running email marketing campaigns can make the best of this feature as it enables them to distribute the content on a large scale.
- It also allows you to create a distribution list for spreading content.
- Grouping of contacts can help you contact your friends and relatives and improve your social interaction.
Reference Link – https://support.google.com/groups/answer/2464926?hl=en
How to Create a Group on Gmail?
It’s just a game a few steps that are given below. Read and follow them to create a new group on Gmail.
- Sign-in to Google contact page: Go to the Google contact page by clicking on https://contacts.google.com/
- But to access this page, make sure you are already logged in to Google.
- Alternatively, you can log in from the same page by clicking on Next and then type your password. Again click the Next and log in.
- You can also switch your Google account, using this page. For this, you first need to click on the Profile icon you can see on the top-right corner of the page and then choose your account from the list of accounts. Or, add your new account by tapping on the “add account” button and signing in using your email and password.
- Choose your Contacts: Now, choose the contacts by selecting the profile pictures or the initials of their name, if there is no picture. Keep choosing the contacts until you add all the members you want to the group. This is how you can add contacts to a group in Gmail
- Click on the Label’s icon. This button/icon can be seen on the top-left corner of the page. You will see a drop-down menu from which you need to choose the “create the label” option.
- Name it: Now you need to enter the name of the label. Use any related term as the name of the group such as friends, office, etc.
- After labeling the group, click on “save”. The entire list of contacts will be saved with the name you have given in the “label”
- Now, go to your Gmail’s inbox of your respective account. For this, you may need to enter your email and password for your account.
- Click “Compose” and from the left-hand side menu of Gmail inbox.
- When a new message window pops up, start creating your message.
- Now in the “To” field in the new message window, enter the label/title/name of your group. After typing the name, you will get a preview of some of the contacts.
- Click on the name of the group to send emails to the entire group at once.
- Enter the Subject” for your message in the respective field.
- Click “Send” from the bottom of the message.
- The message will be sent to every recipient of your group.
This is how you can create a distribution list in Gmail. So, update your ways of using Gmail by creating groups for your friends, relatives or professional contacts.
Best Gmail Tips and Tricks
How to Forward Emails in Gmail?
Compose and Send Emails in Gmail
How to Change Gmail Password?
Recover Forgot Gmail Password