- Changing your Instagram password will require you to enter your old password.
- If you don’t know your old password, you cannot change your Instagram password, you can only reset it.
Instagram is the most amazing social media platform that I have ever discovered as it is the place where you can get real organic followers for your product, brand, or business. But your job doesn’t end after getting an Instagram account for yourself as it is important to keep a constant check on its security. That is possible if you frequently change your Instagram password. This will secure your account from hackers and data breaches.
In case, you have never changed your Instagram password and have forgotten it now, you will not be able to change it unless you remember the old password. It is not possible to change your Instagram password without an old password; however, in that case, you can recover your Instagram password by resetting it.
Another scenario is when you have forgotten your Instagram password and email address using which you created the account, then it can get difficult to recover your account and you may be required to create a new Instagram account.
Instagram also lets you log in using your Facebook ID as the former is owned by the latter now. So if you want to change your password without an old password, you can reset your Instagram password by changing the password of your Facebook account.
Change Instagram Password on Mobile App (For Android and iOS)
Most of the users find it convenient to use Instagram on their mobile device, be it Android or iOS. Also, the Instagram app works in the same way on both types of mobile devices. Keeping that in mind, here are the updated steps that you need to follow to change your Instagram password:
|Solution Synopsis: Tap Account icon> Menu icon> Settings> Security> Password> Create a new password|
- Launch the Instagram app on your mobile and tap the ‘Account Icon’ given in the lower-right corner.
- Now, tap the ‘Menu Icon’ (three horizontal lines) in the top-right corner.
- Tap the first option that says ‘Settings’.
- Next, tap the ‘Security’ option
- From the options you see, select ‘Password’.
- Now, here you can create a new password for your Instagram and enter the same twice to confirm; you will also need to enter your current password and once you are done, tap the ‘checkmark’ icon in the top-right corner.
- That was all the steps to be followed to change your Instagram password through the app.
Change Instagram Password on the Website
If you are someone who loves scrolling through Instagram on their PC or laptop while working, then here are the easy-breezy steps that you can follow to change your Instagram account password:
|Solution Synopsis: Profile icon> Settings> Change Password> Create new password |
- Once you are logged into your Instagram account, click on your ‘profile icon’ in the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the options you see, click on ‘Settings’
- Click on the option ‘Change Password’ given on the left.
- Type in your old password followed by the new password entered twice and then click on ‘Change Password’.
If you don’t remember your old password, it can get difficult to change the Instagram password; the best way out is to reset your password using your email address or phone number, whatever is linked to Instagram.
To reset your Instagram password without Facebook, you can use your email address or phone number using which you have created your account, and using the login link, you can get back access to your account.
If you want to change your email address on Instagram, here’s how to do that:
Log in to your Instagram account and click on the ‘Profile icon’ at the top-right corner; from the menu, click on ‘Profile’.
Then tap ‘Edit Profile’ next to your Instagram profile picture.
Now, here you will see all the information linked to your Instagram account such as phone number, email address, and so on.
Click on the ‘Email’ text box and there you can change your email address.