Instagram is the most amazing social media platform that I have ever discovered as it is the place where you can get real organic followers for your product, brand, or business. But your job doesn’t end after getting an Instagram account for yourself as it is important to keep a constant check on its security. That is possible if you frequently change your Instagram password. This will secure your account from hackers and data breaches.
In case, you have never changed your Instagram password and have forgotten it now, you will not be able to change it unless you remember the old password. It is not possible to change your Instagram password without an old password; however, in that case, you can recover your Instagram password by resetting it.
Another scenario is when you have forgotten your Instagram password and email address using which you created the account, then it can get difficult to recover your account and you may be required to create a new Instagram account.
Instagram also lets you log in using your Facebook ID as the former is owned by the latter now. So if you want to change your password without an old password, you can reset your Instagram password by changing the password of your Facebook account.
Table of Contents
Change Instagram Password on Mobile App
- Launch the Instagram app on your mobile and tap the ‘Account Icon’ given in the lower-right corner.
- Now, tap the ‘Menu Icon’ (three horizontal lines) in the top-right corner.
- Now, move to the bottom of the screen and tap ‘Settings’.
- Next, tap the ‘Security’ option
- From the options you see, select ‘Password’.
- Now, here you can create a new password for your Instagram and enter the same twice to confirm; you will also need to enter your current password and once you are done, tap the ‘checkmark’ icon in the top-right corner.
- That was all the steps to be followed to change your Instagram password through the app.
Change Instagram Password on the Website
- Begin by logging into your Instagram account on a browser and click on the ‘Account icon’ given at the top-right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, hit ‘Settings’
- On the left, you will see the option ‘Change Password’, click on that.
- Now, you can change your Instagram password by simply entering the old password and then enter the new one twice to confirm, finally, click on ‘Change Password’.
If you don’t remember your old password, it can get difficult to change the Instagram password; the best way out is to reset your password using your email address or phone number, whatever is linked to Instagram.
To reset your Instagram password without Facebook, you can use your email address or phone number using which you have created your account, and using the login link, you can get back access to your account.
If you want to change your email address on Instagram, here’s how to do that:Log in to your Instagram account and click on the ‘Profile icon’ at the top-right corner; from the menu, click on ‘Profile’.Then tap ‘Edit Profile’ next to your Instagram profile picture.Now, here you will see all the information linked to your Instagram account such as phone number, email address, and so on.Click on the ‘Email’ text box and there you can change your email address.Click ‘Submit’