Global warming is at peak and air pollution has badly affected the quality of air that we breathe in. The polluted air is not safe to inhale and the last few years have been quite critical because the air has become more polluted gradually. Urbanization and industrialization are the biggest cause of the decline of air quality. Everyone is suffering from the effects of pollution.
What Are The Main Causes Of Air Pollution?
Air pollution referred to the presence of harmful pollutants in the air. It is not only dangerous for humans but for the entire planet. Our surroundings are contaminated with all such pollutants. The main factors that contribute to the increase in air pollution are as follow:
- burning of fossil fuels
- excessive mining
- Agriculture-related activities.
- vehicular pollutants,
- Exhaust from factories.
- Indoor home appliances.
Why Should We Need and Buy an Air Purifier?
We spend most of our time on the premises of our home and office. And then most time is being spent in our cars. So, we first need to measure the quality of the air we breathe in and then buy the air purifiers accordingly. If the AQI (Air Quality Index) of your area or surrounding is at an alarming level, you need to get a potent air purifier that suits you the most. The way we need refrigerators, water purifiers, Water Geysers, washing machines and Air Conditioners we also need to have Air Purifiers. Here below are the reasons why you need an air purifier, apart from the below-given points, there are many other reasons for which you need an air purifier.
- An air purifier traps the PM2.5 and PM10 particles. It helps to remove around 99% bacteria, fungi, and viruses from the air you breathe in. The domestic cleaners and chemicals we use in our household, eliminate harmful gases and VOCs. The air purifier works on VOCs and cleans the air.
- An air purifier is best to trap the ground-level ozone. For those who have a sensitivity towards any sort of chemicals or odour, an air purifier sucks all such chemicals and the carbon filter works on bad odour.
- If you are allergic to any gas or air impurity, an air purifier is a must-have appliance. This will eliminate the indoor allergen from the air and make the air pure and healthy. The HEPA filters of an air purifier help to remove the chemical and odour from the air, thus are very helpful for the people suffering from Asthma.
- Every household releases some smoke due to household chores and some unhealthy practices. Major sources of indoor smoke are cigarette smoking, fireplace soot, fuels, incense stick, and mosquito coils that release pollutants.
- People who have pets in their homes should also install an air purifier because an air purifier removes pet dander and odours.
Practices to improve Air Quality and minimize Air Pollution
We all are focused on outdoor pollution and hardly care about indoor pollution which is causing equal harm to our health. Air pollution kills more than 7 million people each year and causes deaths by strokes, cancer, heart diseases, and respiratory diseases such as asthma, chronic bronchitis. Sometimes the air pollution may also affect the central nervous system.
The main factors that cause air pollution are cigarette smoke, gases from organic compounds, burning conventional fuels. Outdoor air pollution occurs due to pollutants like carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, Lead, and ground-level ozone.
To control air pollution, the below-given practices would be helpful.
- We should maintain the condition and check the pollution level of our vehicles. This will reduce emissions and minimize the running cost.
- Try to walk more and more so that less transport would be required. Try using electric cars, and bicycles to control the consumption of fossil fuels.
- Try shared cars, use carpools, or go by public transport.
- Buy appliances with higher energy ratings to control energy consumption.
- Try to recycle more and more appliances.
- Instead of burning agricultural waste, try to create chemicals like Ethanol.
- Plant more trees to keep the environment clean and fresh.