WhatsApp needs no introduction and is one of the most commonly used mediumds of communication. You can easily send messages and files to all your contacts for free. So interacting with someone has become just a matter of taking your phone out and sending a message. Distance has shortened and all thanks to this giant messaging application.
WhaṭsApp is mainly used on mobile devices whether it is Android or iPhone. But if you are busy on your PC and an interesting conversation is going on your phone, how will you manage? There is a way out for that too. You can Run WhatsApp on PC and do multi-tasking.
Now if you are wondering how to open WhatsApp on PC? WhatsApp web is the answer. It is the computer-based extension of the WhatsApp account on your phone. All the messages get automatically synced between your phone and computer. So any activities you will do on your WhatsApp when connected to the computer will be visible in both the devices.
WhatsApp can easily be launched and operated on your desktop using different ways, read on to find out how.
How to Connect to WhatsApp Web on Desktop or Tablet?
There is nothing easier than using WhatsApp on your desktop or tablet. Here’s how to do it:
- First of all, open your mobile device with WhatsApp logged in and tap the three dots icon given in the top right corner. Select ‘WhatsApp Web’ from the options provided in the drop-down menu.
- Next, tap the plus (+) icon shown at the top right corner of the screen.
- You will be asked to scan a code in the box highlighted in the image below.
- To get the QR code, go to web.whatsapp.com in a browser on your desktop. You will see a QR code that you have to scan through your phone.
- As soon as your Android mobile device scans the code, WhatsApp will launch on your computer.
To scan the QR code
On iPhone iOS 8.1+: go to Settings > WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
For Windows Phone 8.1+: go to Chats screen > Menu > WhatsApp Web.
You will be able to see all your chats on the screen of your PC once both the devices get synchronised.
How to Install WhatsApp on PC?
You can also use WhatsApp without a browser by installing the application on your desktop. To download and install it for your device, visit https://www.whatsapp.com/download from your computer, go to the Apple store or visit Microsoft store.
However, WhatsApp can only be installed on your PC if the operating system is Windows 8.1 or newer/ MacOS 10.10 or newer.
To install on Windows 8.1+, follow the steps listed underneath:
- Open a browser on your computer and go to the download page to download the .exe file.
- The download will begin and once the download is complete, open the WhatsApp.exe to start the installation.
- When the install is over, launch WhatsApp on your desktop and to log in, scan the QR code.
To install on macOS 10.10+, here is what you need to do:
- Open a browser on your computer and go to the download page to download the .dmg file.
- The download will begin and when the download is complete, open the WhatsApp.dmg file to launch WhatsApp Installer.
- The application will ask you if you want to add WhatsApp to your Applications folder and your desktop dock.
- When the install is over, launch WhatsApp on your computer and to log in, scan the QR code.
How to Use WhatsApp on iPad?
To use WhatsApp online on Safari on iPad,
- Open Safari on your iPad and go to web.whatsapp.com.
- Press and hold the refresh button available to the right of the website address.
- You will be directed towards the WhatsApp Web interface.
- You can scan the QR code to connect with your iPhone.