The reader, opening the work of Stephen King, immediately recognizes to whom the book belongs. No one writes the way King writes: he has a bright writing style.
If the student understands that they have problems with style, then the piece stands on a shaky structure and is about to fall. Most likely, the reader will close such a text with the phrase, “Too banal, dry; I’ve already seen it somewhere.” It’s not enough to just create a well-structured paper. If you have problems with a technique, leave a “write my essay” request on a writing service. A professional writer will write you a sample to show what tone you can use while writing. You can also use these Top AI-Powered Essay Writing Tools.
What is Writing Style?
The individual writing style of a student is the soul of a masterpiece. This is a striking difference from other students or neural networks that are already used by writers. The same neural networks are easily trainable. They often write texts better than average authors. They, if desired, can be taught to write in the author’s type.
The tone is needed here and now. Many people think that it is like building a house. First, I will build a house, and then I will think about the type. You can’t write text and then deal with it.
In ordinary life, even for the banalest statement – to talk about the weather – a person chooses a certain form of a statement. Even the phrase “It’s raining” will contain a subtext.
In this material, we will talk about techniques that will help develop a Effective Writing Styles in Academic Environments.
How to Find a Unique Essay Writing Style – 6 Practical Tips
Read Books of Different Genres
Features of the individual type of the author are formed throughout life. Reading other authors, the student involuntarily memorizes some phrases and wordings – all this is later rethought and appears in their own text.
Literature should be read like a writer. Analyze the techniques that the author uses; see how they fit into your composition. You can find something to borrow and process, something to refuse.
Develop Literary Taste
Do not evaluate the plot – leave it to yourself as the reader. The task when reading is to look at how sentences are built, what metaphors are remembered, and why.
Develop a sense of rhythm. This will help keep the pace of the story, not go into complex reasoning. It will become easier for you to shorten what you have written to cut unnecessary pieces.
Don’t Tell – Show
Avoid common words while writing. “Beautiful people,” “delicious food,” and other similar abstractions prevent the author themselves and the reader from thinking and feeling the text. Moreover, nothing is added to the description.
Move from abstract things to concrete things. Let the reader see the movement, and consider the image being created.
“The man was large, a little bald. He spoke and waved a paper bundle.”
“The man was large, with a bald head running into the attack. He was also militantly gesticulating with a long paper bundle.”
An individual unique sound of the text is created. The first two sentences can be seen in absolutely any author. The second option gives an extremely tangible image. Comicality, ambiguity, and irony were added.
Use the Seagull Technique
Sometimes narrative or descriptive essays, you need to overcome a large time distance. If you simply describe the picture, then there will be a long enumeration of details.
The “seagull” technique was invented by American television people who filmed various kinds of TV shows. Let’s say they needed something to replace the abrupt transition from the scene when the characters meet in a cafe to the moment when their hands touch: this does not happen in an instant.
Also Read :- Identify Undesirable Biases in Essays
Then an abstract shot was inserted that had nothing to do with what the viewer sees. “Seagull” is a short “intercept” that allows you to edit two or more actions.
“We drove onto a dusty village road. The sun rose from the horizon and lost its bright crimson lustre; in the distance, the clouds turned yellow with veins. The day began. Heavy clouds hung low in the sky, and it seemed that it would rain. We drove through the village – there was still not a single person on the street, but everyone was probably asleep – and turned at the fork to the right, towards the wide road.”
You must make it clear that they were in this village. You need to describe the village road and what they saw – a person will not feel the time. You need to add the detail on which they were forced to switch their eyes.
Make Essay Personal
The author always creates and describes a certain universe that works according to its own laws. The goal is to surprise the reader. We often see dry descriptions. And, if this is not a technique, it is worth getting rid of unemotionality.
Sprout the text from yourself, from your feelings and experiences. Do not hide emotions: put these feelings into the report.
Practice Essay Writing
Creating an Essay Outline and Structure
An effective work should have a clear structure that includes an introduction, main body, and conclusion:
- Introduction. Here you introduce the topic, formulate the problem, and explain your point of view. The introduction should interest the reader and prepare them for the main part of the report.
- Body. In this section, you develop your arguments, provide evidence, and discuss the topic. Each argument should be presented in a separate paragraph that begins with a topic sentence and is supported by facts, examples, and analysis.
- Conclusion. In the conclusion, you summarize your arguments and conclusions and formulate a final thought that should impress the reader and stimulate reflection. The conclusion should not contain new information but may indicate further research or possible implications.
Create an essay outline by identifying key points and subheadings for each section. This will help you organize your thoughts and material.
Writing an Essay
Drafting a report becomes very easy and fun with a proper plan and structure in mind. Moreover, it should be able to serve the purpose for which a writer has crafted its masterpiece. By following the points given below, you can learn the trick to write effective and interactive work.
- Your only target while drafting a masterpiece is to share the emotions you are trying to portray in your words. This means you should avoid using complex sentences and should go for a rather clear but sober scripting style.
- Do not make illogical arguments and claims in your piece of writing. Instead, search for some news articles or current affairs that will support your statements.
- Changing paragraphs has always been a good reason. But, one thing you should keep in mind is to use proper transitional phrases that suit the situation. For example, using “However” instead of “and” and “Moreover” will completely change the motto you want to share with your argument.
- Make sure that you are paying attention to the introduction and conclusion portion of the article. The intro portion of your article should be compelling and appealing to the audience. While on the other hand, the conclusion should be concise, valuable and should summarise the whole point of the essay you wanted to convey.
- Make sure that there are no grammatical errors or flaws in your piece. Having these errors in your work is like having a curry stain on your $1000 Armani suit.
Edit and Revise
Working continuously on a project for a long time might lead to unconscious or unintentional mistakes. Therefore, after writing an essay, you are recommended to have a small break and then have a second look at your composition with a fresh point of view.
Focus on the structure, arguments, style, and grammar that you have used in your writing. The more you polish your piece into a masterpiece, the more skill and experience you will gain.
Drafting and working on an essay is a responsible yet fun way to involve yourself in something. You can write essays for yourself also. It requires a lot of skill at the same time. You need to research the topic, analyze its depth, shape a point of view that you will follow throughout the writing and many language skills.
In today’s article, you learned how you can write an effective piece of writing that will leave an impression in somebody’s mind. As a responsible citizen, you must make sure that your work should add value to this society and if even a single person reads your masterpiece, he or she should get impressed by it.
To make your style more unique, you can follow us to outshine the public.