Smartphone monitoring apps have developed a poor reputation in popular culture owing to their portrayal in the media. This is because unsavory characters are frequently shown to be using these apps for stalking purposes. However, the reasons why these apps are developed in the first place are completely different. For example, employers use these apps to boost productivity in the workplace. Similarly, parents resort to using these apps to establish oversight into their child’s digital life. In this article, we will show you how you can use one of the top-performing smartphone monitoring apps. We will first identify the price and compatibility for the app and then provide a step-by-step guideline on how to install it in both Android and iOS devices. We will then explore the features and how you can use them before providing a quick summary.
Disclaimer– Before you spy on someone’s text messages or calls, be sure to check the applicable laws in the area as spying is not considered illegal and is a crime in some countries. We DO NOT promote the use of spying apps for any illegal purposes.
XNSPY is one of the first monitoring apps that were developed as the need for phone monitoring became obvious. The app has a broad array of advanced functions that can help both employers and parents.
Price & compatibility
You can choose between the basic and the premium version. The basic package does not offer all available features but costs less than the premium. The premium version offers full functionality and costs USD 7.49 per month. The basic version, on the other hand, comes at an affordable USD 4.99 per month.
The app is compatible with all iOS devices running on versions above 6.0. Similarly, XNSPY supports all Android phones running on OS versions 4.0 and above.
With this out of the way, let’s take a look at how you can install XNSPY on both Android and iOS devices.
How to install XNSPY on Android
Step 1: Visit the XNSPY website and select a subscription package from the “Buy Now” menu at the top of the home page.
Step 2: Enter your contact details such as email addresses and make secure payments.
Step 3: Check your email inbox for an email that contains a URL to download the installation file, your XNSPY login details, as well as a detailed guide on how to install it.
Step 4: You need to physically access the Android phone only for installation purposes as all monitoring after installation is completely remote. The app also stays hidden once it is properly set up.
Step 5: Use the URL included in the email and download it on the phone you want to monitor.
Step 6: Run the process. It should not take more than a couple of minutes.
Step 7: Wait for a day so the app can transfer all data to your XNSPY account.
Step 8: Log in to your XNPSY account on the app’s official website and select the relevant Android phone. You can now access all data. We will guide you on how you can do so in the next segment.
How to Install XNSPY on iOS Devices
Step 1: The installation process is slightly different owing to a different set of requirements. You do not need to physically access the iPhone. However, the iCloud backup function must be toggled on. Similarly, you need the Apple ID and password of the relevant iPhone.
Step 2: Make a payment on a subscription package and check your email for your login details.
Step 3: Visit the XNSPY website and login to your account.
Step 4: Select iPhone from the My Devices menu.
Step 5: The page will prompt you to enter Apple ID details
Step 6: Enter the Apple ID and password and wait for verification.
Step 7: You can now access all data and phone control options.
Let’s take a detailed look at how you can use XNSPY functionality via the control panel.
How to Use XNSPY’s Features
- Phone logs: Click on the phone log menu to see sub-categories. The phone log menu details information such as all sent or received messages in addition to all incoming, outgoing, and missed calls. The contact number and time details are listed here as well. Similarly, you can access all saved contacts, complete web browsing history, emails, and calendar entries as well.
- Messenger: Select the Messenger menu if you want to see messages exchanged via social media or instant messaging apps. The sub-categories list apps that are being monitored by XNSPY. These include WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, LINE, Kik, Tinder, and Skype. Just select any app to view all messages exchanged on that platform. It’s pretty intuitive.
- Installed Apps: You can use this menu to via all installed apps and block any app you feel is unsuitable. The blocked app will not open on the monitored device and will give an error to contact the administrator/guardian.
- Screen time: The screen-time menu lists all app use on the phone. It provides information about how long the app was open, as well as how many times it was accessed. You can also view this information on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Locations: This menu shows the complete GPS location history and its current location. XNSPY provides a geofencing feature as well.
- Photos: This menu shows all photos that are saved on the phone.
- Videos: All recorded and saved videos are accessible via this menu.
- Keylogger: The keylogger records all keystrokes made on the phone. A complete record of this is available via this menu option. It is also quite neatly organized.
- Wi-Fi Networks: This menu option shows all Wi-Fi networks connected on the phone. The information also provides GPS coordinates of the place where the phone was connected, along with the time and date as well.
- Record surround: This menu shows all recordings that you have made via the microphone.
- Call recording: This menu details all calls that have been recorded.
- Remote control: You can use this menu to remotely control the phone. You can turn on the microphone to record your surroundings, take screenshots, lock the phone, or delete all data from it.
- Settings: The settings menu contains important sub-options. For example, the “Toggle features” can be used to turn any feature on/off. You can also add locations, words, or contacts to the XNSPY watch list to stay aware on the go. The device profile menu showcases your XNSPY subscription details and the characteristics of the phone such as make or model.
- Data export: Click on this when you want to copy all phone data. You can select from several menus via the “modules” drop-down menu. You can also use the time filter to get information about a specific period. This information can then be downloaded with the click of a button.
Here Is a Quick Summary of the App and How You Can Use It
|Price||USD 4.99/month for basic version & USD 7.49/month for premium.|
|Compatibility||All Android versions 4.0 and above.|
|Do I need physical access to the phone?||Yes. Only for installation with Android. No access required for the iPhone.|
|Is it hidden?||Yes. XNSPY is completely hidden after installation.|
|Call log||Yes. Available via the phone logs menu.|
|Call recording||Yes. Available via the call recording menu.|
|Call interception||Feature not available with XNSPY.|
|SMS monitoring||Yes. Available through the phone’s log menu.|
|Spoof SMS||Feature not available with XNSPY.|
|IM & Social media||Yes. Available via the Messenger menu on the control panel.|
|GPS tracking||Feature not available with XNSPY.|
|Geofencing||Feature not available with XNSPY.|
|Email access||Yes. Available via the phone logs menu.|
|Photos||Yes. Available via the Photos menu.|
|Videos||Yes. Available via the Videos menu.|
|Web history||Yes. Available via the phone logs menu.|
|Content filtering||Feature not available with XNSPY.|
|Camera control||Feature not available with XNSPY.|
|Screenshot||Yes. Available via the remote control menu.|
|Microphone recording||Yes. Available via the remote control menu.|
|App blocking||Yes. Available via the Installed Apps menu.|
|Phone lock||Yes. Available via the Remote Control menu.|
|Phone data deletion||Yes. Available via the Remote Control menu.|
|Data export||You can access the feature via the settings menu.|
|Toggle features||Yes. You can turn on/off any feature via the settings menu.|
|Instant alerts||Available for all messages, locations, contacts, keylogger, and web searches. You can access the feature via the settings menu.|
|Rooting/jailbreak||Required for some features. Check out the app’s website for more info.|