Office 365 is a subscription service offered by
Microsoft and it includes apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. If you have an
Office 365 subscription, Microsoft will provide you with regular updates for
Microsoft offers a number of subscription levels for
Office 365 as have been
- Office 365 Home: You can share this subscription with 6 users and each one of them can install the Office apps on all their devices. Also, you get access to 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
- Office 365 Personal: This subscription can be used by one user and the user also has access to 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
- Office Home & Student 2019: It is a one-time subscription of Office and includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The apps can be installed only on one PC or Mac and there is no OneDrive cloud storage space available.
Now, make sure you have a Microsoft account before
purchasing Office 365 subscription as you are going to need that to sign in to
the Office 365 apps, to access your OneDrive cloud storage and Outlook account.
To purchase an Office 365 subscription, you will need
to select the version of Office you want and make the payment thereafter. You
can also take help from the given steps to clear any confusion:
- Open a browser and type Office.com.
- Log in to your Microsoft account.
- Once you have signed in, go to the
Office portal where you will be able to access the Office apps and manage your
subscription as well.
- You have to select Office 365 and
select ‘Buy Now’ for the office subscription you want. If you want to buy an
annual subscription fee or you can select ‘buy for $9.99 per month’ if you want
a monthly subscription.
- Recheck the product you have
selected in the cart and press ‘Checkout’.
- Now select a payment mode out of
credit card, debit card, PayPal or bank account.
- Enter the payment details and press
- At last, select ‘Place Order’ and
your order will get processed and you will receive a receipt for the
After you have successfully purchased the Office 365
subscription, the next step is to install office 365 on your PC.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the Office 365 portal page
and then sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Select ‘Install Office’ and on the
Office 365 Home web page, select Install Office.
- The Office 365 Home account page will
show the links to install Office 365.
- Next, you will see the Download and install Office 375 Home screen, click on the ‘Install’ option.
- You may be instructed to Run or
Save the file you have downloaded.
- Select Run and when the Office is
ready, install the Office apps.
- After the installation is over, you
may be asked to enter an email or phone number to receive a download link for
the Office mobile apps.
Office 365 for Home
After the successful installation, Office 365 needs to
be activated before you start using it.
To activate Office, go through the given steps:
- Open anyone out of the Office apps.
- Next, enter the Microsoft email
address and password.
- On the next page, you will see ‘Select
the license agreement’ screen, click on ‘Accept’.
- Once the app opens, you are ready
to work with documents and spreadsheets.
If you want to use Office 365 on any other device, you
can use it for as many devices you want.
- To install Office 365 on another
PC, log in to your Microsoft account on the computer where you want to install
it and on the Office Portal page, click ‘Install Office’.
- To install Office 365 on a mobile
device, smartphone or tablet, go to Google Play, Apple Store, or Windows Store
and download the apps on your device.