- PayPal is an online payment app that lets you send, receive or access money online securely for free.
- You can create a personal or a business account with PayPal.
- Logging into your PayPal account requires only your email or phone number and password and you can access your money from anywhere.
- PayPal lets you reset your password whenever you forget it using your email address or phone.
PayPal Holdings, Inc., an American company, manages an online payment system to support online money transfers in most of the countries all across the globe. PayPal can be seen as an alternative to traditional payment methods like checks and money orders.
PayPal has completely evolved the payment mechanism in this new digital era. Not only individuals, it also caters to the needs of small organizations with its low-cost services. The company takes complete care of the security of the digital movement of the funds. PayPal makes it easy to make or receive online payments and apart from that, you can even avail of credit card services. You can access PayPal on a web browser as well using the app that is available for both Android and iOS devices. So, if you are interested in starting your journey with PayPal, keep on reading to know more about account creation, steps to login and other benefits of having a PayPal account.
Highlighting Features of PayPal
PayPal is used all over the world to make payments or transfer funds online and is quite popular for some time now. You get to create a Personal or Business account with PayPal and once you are done creating your PayPal account, you can simply log in to avail the following features:
- Avail of unlimited discounts on purchases from various online retailers.
- Avail cashback offers on the purchases you make from several retailers.
- Get finances for purchases in bulk
- Make quick online payments from anywhere in the world.
- Credit Cards service by PayPal via Synchrony Banks.
- Withdraw the PayPal balance if and when required.
Steps to Sign Up for a PayPal Account
To sign up for a PayPal account:
- Go to the official website of PayPal i.e. paypal.com
- Click on the ‘Sign Up for Free’ button given in the center of the screen.
- In the next step, you have to select if you are creating an ‘Individual Account’ or a ‘Business Account’ and then click on ‘Next’.
- If you have selected ‘Individual account’:
- You will be required to enter your phone number and press ‘Next’.
- Then enter the verification code that you have received on your phone number.
- After that, enter the required information to finish setting up your PayPal account.
- If you have selected ‘Business Account’:
- Enter the email address that you want to link to your PayPal account; press ‘Continue’.
- Then enter a password for your email address
- Select the required option from the “I’m looking to accept payments” drop-down.
- Then you have to choose your annual sales volume and press ‘Next’.
- Provide the required information like your personal or bank details and once you are done entering all the information, click ‘Confirm’.
That’s how you can simply sign up for a new personal or business PayPal account.
4-Steps Log In to your PayPal Account
Once you have created your PayPal account, you can login to your account whenever you want to make or accept payments by simply following the given steps:
- Go to paypal.com
- Click on the ‘Log In’ button in the top-right corner.
- Enter your email address or mobile number that you have used to create your PayPal account; press ‘Next’.
- On the next page, enter the password and click on ‘Log In’.
Login Issues with PayPal Account
Oftentimes it can be difficult for a PayPal user to login to his accounts and this can be due to several reasons. For instance,
- You are not able to login due to a poor internet connection
- The PayPal app is not updated
- The browser you are using to log in to your PayPal account is outdated
- You don’t remember the correct email or password of your PayPal account
- The browser is full of cache and cookies
Reset your Forgotten PayPal Login Password in Few Simple Steps
No need to get worried if you don’t remember your PayPal login password as this can happen to anyone. PayPal lets you reset your password, whenever you need, using your phone number or email address. You can follow the step-by-step instructions given here to reset your PayPal password:
- Go to paypal.com
- Enter your email address or phone number and press ‘Next’.
- On the next page, click on the option ‘Forgotten password?’
- Next, you have to enter the email address that you use for your PayPal account; click ‘Next’.
- Next, you have to select whether you want to receive the verification code on your email address or on your phone number and then hit ‘Next’.
- Next, you have to enter the code that you have received on your mobile phone or email address and then press ‘Continue’.
- Then you will be allowed to change the password of your PayPal account; enter the same password twice to confirm and click on ‘Save’.
That’s how you can simply reset your PayPal account password whenever you forget it. To reset your PayPal account password using the app, you have to follow the same steps, and then you can log in to your PayPal account using the new password.
How to Withdraw Funds From PayPal Account?
Not every time you will be able to use your PayPal account to purchase goods or services and may need some amount in your bank. During such situations, you can use the withdrawal feature of PayPal after you log in to your personal account as explained here:
- Login to your PayPal account using the app or a browser.
- Open your PayPal wallet
- Select the ‘Transfer Funds’ option
- Then select ‘Transfer your Bank Account’
- Follow the instructions provided to you carefully
- Make sure to check the amount that you are going to withdraw before you end the procedure.
Also Read- PayPal POS System Review