There are a number of software available to view the PST files and OST files. In this article, I am going to discuss the functionalities and features of OST Viewer. The program has been mainly designed to view genuine and corrupt OST emails and attachments. But not only this, it has other additional features and we will discuss them one by one.
Talking about the features and uses, OST Viewer can be used for the following purposes:
- Opens all type of OST files
- Produce File Analysis Report
- Look for OST files
- Compatible with all the versions
- View the OST files without Exchange Server
- Saves Emails in HTML
- Open Multiple OST files
- Find and Read Emails
- From the ‘All Programs’ section, go to the ‘OST Viewer’ software and you will be greeted with the welcome window of the software.
- Now, to begin the process, click on the ‘Select File’ option to select the required OST file.
- You will see two options- to open a single file or multiple files. Click on the one as per your requirement and then click on the ‘Browse’ button to look for the required OST file from the disk.
- After selecting the file, click on ‘Next’ to start the loading process.
- After the selected file gets added, click on ‘Successful’.
- Once the OST file gets loaded, you can easily view the content of the OST file in the hierarchy.
- Next, select the email you want to preview.
- Click on the attachment icon to get access to the attachment of the email message and to view it using an appropriate program.
- You will see some icons related to Calendar, Contacts, Task, Journal, or Notes, click on the one you want to view.
- For the OST file you have selected, click on the ‘Find’ button to find the specific email.
- The “File Analysis Report” section generates a report on item types, interaction made via mail between sender & receiver, and mail flow density as per data or sender.
- Clicking on the “Total item types” icon will give you a detailed analysis report on the total types of items.
- In the “Find Message(s)” dialog box, check the items in the folder tree and click on “Analyse”.
- Once the analysis is over, click on Ok to get the details of item types.
The OST Reader tool will open OST files that may or may not be corrupted. This is even possible in the absence of an Exchange profile.
This tool also creates a comprehensive file analysis report that helps in analyzing all types of OST data and provides the details of all items such as emails, contacts, as well as email flow density based on the sender of data, notes, etc.
Using the tool makes it easy to look for the OST file through the Search option. With the help of this option, the tool will look for the OST file in the specified location. Enter the drive where you will possibly find the OST file. The tool will then fetch the file and a single click will open OST file.
The best part is, OST Viewer is compatible with almost all the versions of MS Exchange Server (2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 5.5, and 5.0), as well as with MS Outlook versions (2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, 98, and 97).
The tool even allows to access or view the Exchange Offline folders file in the absence of the connection with MS Exchange Server. After scanning, the tool will display the required OST file along with the details such as emails, calendar items, contacts, and notes, etc.
The OST Viewer tool is also trained for saving the list of OST emails in HTML format. The list can be even copied or printer, if you want. Just a single click will let you access all the email attachments.
The OST viewer tool is capable of viewing all sorts of OST files whether corrupted or not. Moreover, there is no limit as to what number of OST files are to be viewed. Using the Plus (+) button, you can add several OST files in the source file selection dialogue box. This will save your time from adding the files one by one.
With the help of the ‘Find’ option, it is just a matter of minutes to get access to particular emails. Apart from this, you can further filter the emails in the selected mailbox folders using options such as To, From, Attachments, Subject, Date Range, etc. So, you can simply locate and check the emails.
The features are worth considering and now let me explain to you how OST Viewer is going to make a difference in your life. But before that, have a look at the specifications of the software.
Following are the system requirements for the OST Viewer tool
Windows 10/ 8.1/ 8/ 7/ Vista/ XP/ 2000/ 98/ NT/ 95
Memory + Hard Disk
64 MB RAM (128 MB Recommended)
50 MB of disk space
Software and Delivery Version
Functionality of OST Viewer Tool
The OST Viewer tool is quite easy to use and you can easily access and open OST file without making any connection with the MS Exchange Server. Moreover, it is a free tool that lets you view complete data such as email, messages, contacts, and others. You can easily use the software using the step-by-step guide provided below:
So if you are looking for software that can easily help you view all the OST files of your device, OST Viewer is highly recommended. Even if you have a file that is inaccessible due to any sort of corruption or damage, this tool is going to help you. Not only it enables you to view the OST file but also the details it carries. The best part, it is available for free, what more you want.