Moving to another city or state can be difficult and can cost you a fortune like buying or renting a new house and relocating expenses. Though it also depends on the number of home furniture you own and wishes to move with you, it is always ideal for anyone to have a financial backup plan for any future uncertainties.
Well, if you’re planning to change your address and have concerns related to funds, you don’t need to worry anymore. Zeromax has come up with some solutions to make you move out of the city while saving your pocket from extra unnecessary expenses.
How to Move Without Money
To make your relocation more manageable and reduce expenditure, you can consider pursuing low-income relocation aid or any other federal relocation assistance program. So what exactly does this relocation assistance mean? Basically, a group of non-profit organizations or federally funded programs are there specifically to aid low-income households in relieving some financial burden of moving from them.
Seek Help from Relocation Assistance Programs
Though there is an eligibility criterion to fall under the category of needy. So read along and see if you can seek support from this system.
- Government Incentive Programs – Some state and local government offers a variety of these incentive programs to help low-income families to relocate from one location to another.
- Trade Adjustment Assistant Program – This program offers assistance to those who are affected by job loss through the American job center. You can search the AJC service locator to find a help center near you and seek help.
- Emergency Solutions Grants Program – It is a program supported by federal funds. It promotes individuals or families in need of rental assistance, emergency shelter, house search or placement, and people at risk of homelessness.
- Salvation Army – Salvation Army is one of the largest non-profit organizations in the U.S. providing short-term financial resources for those in need. They have newly launched a Housing Now program which was specifically introduced to motivate individuals or families in need of a home.
- Modest Needs – It is also a non-profit organization providing financial assistance to people who aren’t eligible for any regular social assistance.
- Catholic Charities – Around 160 catholic charities in the U.S. working to grant financial aid to poor families. These charities run both private programs and in partnerships programs.
- YWCA – This organization specifically works on empowering women and helping them socially and financially.
These were some of the incentive programs that may help you in moving to a new home easily.
Seek Help from the Government
The U.S. government offers a variety of benefits to low-income families. You can research and find if there is any program available for your needs.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development – The HUD funds many programs to provide people with rental or housing assistance. You can seek help from hud.gov.
- Federal Relocation Assistance Program – Under this program, you can ask for aid from federal aid in case of acquisition or demolition of property.
- Veterans Affairs Relocation Assistance Program – The Department of Veterans Affairs offers the best relocation plans according to one’s needs. Many companies offer discounts to veterans and their families.
- Rural Housing Service – The U.S. Department of Agriculture runs several programs like granting loans in partnership with non-profit organizations and other related agencies.
These were some of the services provided by the government of America to individuals or families looking for a new home or house change. You can reach out to these programs and ask for help.
As Much As Possible, Do It Yourself
Though seeking support can easily work, saving money by cost-cutting is always beneficial. For example, if you hire a packers & movers service, it can cost you around $9,000, while renting a truck, driving it, and shifting your furniture without external assistance can cost you around $2,000. So, you can eventually save up to $7,000 if you shift your stuff on your own or maybe take help from a friend.
Do-it-yourself moves work efficiently. If you don’t have any experience with shifting, research the topic more thoroughly to learn about the details before starting your move.
Use Other Types of Packing Material
To store your belongings, you can use items other than boxes, such as laundry hampers or dresser drawers. You can also use any plastic bins that you have lying around. They will come in handy later. You can use towels, blankets, or clothes as a substitute for packing paper and bubble wrap, and you can bring these items along. You can also reuse boxes you already own to pack heavier items.
Locate places that offer free moving supplies and take advantage of them
You can often find boxes for free if you know where you should search. You should make several inquiries. One of these should be local grocery stores and other retail establishments. You might ask your family and friends if they have extra packing materials.
Find a Reliable and Affordable Moving Company to Help You Move
If you need more funds to hire a professional moving company like Zeromax or want to make a DIY move. Many shifting companies offer discounts that allow customers to move even if they don’t have the money. Many companies offer junk removal at a reasonable price. A DIY move can lead to unexpected expenses if you’re not experienced. It is better to hire a professional to move you out
Move With a Friend
If you’re moving to a city where any of your friends or relative is already residing, you can stay at their apartment or home and share rent with them. Sharing rent can save you a lot while preventing you from being homeless.
Sell Your Unwanted Goods
List out your unwanted belongings and sell them to the needy. This will help you in packing clutter free and will save a few bucks for your future requirements.
You Should Not Do These Things If You Are Moving With No Money
You can move or hire a professional HRA moving company like Zeromax, but there are certain things you should avoid.
Before implementing actions, it is important to have a plan. No matter whether you’re moving out with your family or all alone. Moving out from one city to another majorly impacts your life.
Asking for assistance from professionals or relatives and friends can provide a lot of guidance you may need in the future. You can also contact Zeromax or any other relocation company to check if they provide any low-budgeted options that suit you.
There’s no harm in keeping your moving plans a secret but as soon as you want to implement them, tell your family and friends about it. Your relatives and friends can also help you in many ways like offering you a drive, or shifting your furniture with you, etc.
It’s easier to relocate when you have a financial backup plan. In case, you are out of funds or broke, you should consider rethinking your change of city or state plan.