Most of us are living in a misconception for years that Google is a search engine. No, it’s not. It is an ad company that mainly focuses on adding value to its advertisers and publishers.
When I started blogging, I was not sure that I could earn this much money. I researched and evaluated all income opportunities that blogging is going to provide me. That time I came across an article about Google AdSense that introduced me to the best monetization technique. Undoubtedly, it is the best way to earn money from Google at home. No office, no set up required, just an internet connection and your computer.
This article is going to be about the same monetization technique that I have used for years and know in and out. I am going to share every single thing that is going to help you create an AdSense account and start earning through it.
What is Google AdSense?
Launched in mid-2003, Google AdSense is currently the most popular advertising program on the internet.
In layman’s words ‘Google AdSense offers a way for publishers to earn money by the medium of the content they post online’.
AdSense is a contextual ad network, meaning, ads will be displayed based on your content. Another method that it uses to show ads is using the cookie method. The user’s search history is used to display targeted ads.
Google AdSense ensures that the readers see the targeted ads and you get more clicks and higher payouts than any other ad network.
Let’s start with some facts first.
- It was launched in March 2003.
- It is owned by Google and a major source of income for it. For Q3 of 2018, earnings from AdSense were $24.1 billion.
- Out of the total revenue, publishers receive 68% while Google 32%.
- Advertisers use Google to advertise their products and they pay when someone clicks on their ads, known as PPC (pay per click).
This way you can easily make money with pay per click.
- AdSense is also available for videos, games, mobiles and searching products apart from content websites.
- Compared to other available PPC systems, it is the most reliable and can generate good revenue.
How to Earn Money from Google Adsense?
If you are a blogger or have a website of your own, you can make money by displaying Google Ads. Making money with Google AdSensewill look difficult till you get well-versed with the basics.
I hope you got an idea, but let me explicate in detail.
Have you ever noticed or clicked on the ads shown all over the Google Search Results? You definitely would have. When a user clicks on the ad, you get a small percentage out of the revenue and the rest stays with Google.
There are two ways to earn money online with Google:
Impressions- for number of page views or posts with ads
Clicks- for people click on the ads (never click on your ads)
To start with,
- You will need a website and an AdSense account. Go to the Google AdSense Website to create a Google AdSense account.
- Before you run your first ad, you need to get your website approved by Adsense by submitting an application. It may take a few weeks to get approved.
- If your website meets certain guidelines, traffic, and quality metrics, your account will get approved.
- From then onwards, you can start displaying ads on your websites.
- Add the code you get to your blog or website. The Google crawler will access your website’s content and check if it adheres to the AdSense Guidelines.
- Ads will not show up till you are fully approved andwhen the application gets approved, ads will start to show and you will get paid for the clicks. You can even decide how your ads will look, where they will show up and what sorts of ads you are going to accept.
- Once you get $100, Google will send you a paper check or make a direct deposit into your bank account.
This is how you can putads on website and get paid.Once you start earning, you need to focus on driving more traffic to your blog and your earnings will eventually increase.A visitor visiting your website will click on ads shown by AdSense and you will be paid for that. Your entire focus should be on writing quality content and attracting targeted traffic.
What are the Available Options to Use AdSense?
Here are the available options for which you can earn through Google AdSense:
- If you use Blogger, use the Monetize tab to set up and manage an AdSense account.
- If you use self-hosted WordPress, just visit the AdSense website and apply for an account normally. You will receive a code that can be placed wherever you like.
- If you use free WordPress, you cannot use AdSense, however, you can use WordAds, if you have a custom domain. Still, self-hosted WordPress will always be a better choice.
Yes, you can create a Google AdSense account for free. Google will even pay for the clicks or impressions on the ads you display on your site.
Google AdSense is mainly useful for publishers who canshow text, videos or image advertisements on website pages and earn money when visitors click on their ads.
Not only from CPC but you can also earn from your CPM ad impressions. The average CPM earning stands somewhere around $1 to $1.5 per 1,000 impressions.
Select your bank account to make it the default payment method. For your monthly payment, wait until the 15th of the following month, go to your local bank branch to withdraw the funds.
Not only a website, but you can also earn from Google AdSense through a YouTube account.
The type of websites that earn the most money with Google AdSense are Blogs, Forum Sites and Free Online Tool Sites. Blogs have unique content and some blogs even post daily or weekly. So advertisers can pay to have their ads displayed on a website with the help of this program. Similarly, forum sites and free online tool sites can also get you a good AdSense revenue.
No, you cannot make a living with Google AdSense not because you cannot earn thousands of dollars per month but you simply cannot rely on a single source of income.