I realized the importance of group calling when I got quarantined in my home due to the outbreak of Coronavirus. I can’t meet my family, my friends, no parties; my business is on hold and whatnot. I felt stuck on how to utilize my time, how to connect with my friends or how to accelerate my business. I know I can make phone calls or social media is still alive. But still, I was looking for something that was more fun and more useful at the same time.
I know I am not the only one facing this, that’s why I am sharing it with my readers.
I have always heard of conference calling and the video conference programs available out there but never used one. But the situation I am in made me install Skype. Yes, Skype is the one tool I am using for all my group calls to my family, friends or partners.
In 2019, Skype doubled the amount of group audio/video call limit from 25 to 50 participants.
Isn’t that Huge!
So whether you are calling your friends or your coworkers, Skype is going to be your next BFF.
How to Setup a Skype Conference Call?
To begin with Conference Calling on Skype, make sure you have installed the app on your desktop or mobile whatever you are using. Skype Video calls are easy to make and completely free. High-definition video call is no joke for Skype and the experience is like you are talking to someone face to face. But for that, you need to fulfill some technical requirements.
- A fast Smartphone or computer
- A High-definition camera
- High-speed internet with sufficient bandwidth
In their absence, Skype won’t do any good for you.
Note- If any of the participants of the group call has a slow internet; it may disturb the entire conference.
How to Do a Conference Call on Skype?
To initiate a Skype business conference call or just a regular one on your desktop or mobile, the following steps will help:
- Open the ‘Calls’ tab and press the ‘New Call’ icon.
- Look for and select the persons you want to call.
- Once selected, press the ‘Call’ button on the top right side to make a call.
- You can even start a Conference call on Skype using the free link offered by Skype. Share that link or copy it on your clipboard.
- When the contacts join your conference call, their icons’ color will change to green. You can even reconnect someone who was mistakenly dropped during the call.
People who don’t use Skype, but any other phone service can also join. They have to dial the host’s Skype number or the host can also invite them via SkypeOut and the charges will be incurred by the host, as adding a non-Skype user is not free.
If you have to make regular calls with the same group, you can create a group on Skype and add all such contacts. Next time you have to make a conference call, you call the group right away. Isn’t that easy breezy?
Moreover, if you want to remove a participant, right-click on that person and click on ‘Remove’.
How to Merge Calls on Skype?
It is another way of holding a conference call where you can merge two different calls if you have the common topic of discussion going on. To do this, go to the ‘Recent’ tab and drag one of the calls on the other to merge them.
What Are the Other Options Available With Skype Conferencing?
Group calling on Skype offers the following additional features:
- Save your group calls to view later or to make notes as Skype saves them for 30 days.
- Easily share your presentations, project work, or similar other items.
- Blur your background if you don’t want the background mess to get exposed to your friends or coworkers.
How to Schedule a Skype Conference Call?
If you don’t want to forget any important conference call, Skype offers you call scheduling. With Call Scheduling on Skype, you can set a reminder for a one-to-one call or group call.
To schedule a call on Skype, here is what you need to do:
- Firstly, sign in to your Skype account.
- Open one of your chats you want to create a schedule for.
- To get started, select the Schedule call button given next to the Compose bar or check the Add-ins menu.
- (+) Skype for mobile and tablet
- (…)Skype for desktop
- In the Schedule call window, give your call a title, date and time, and set a reminder.
Select Send, the call reminder will be sent to your chat. The contact in the chat will Accept or Decline the scheduled call.
ALSO WATCH :-