Most email account owners prefer Gmail owing to the fact that it is easy to use and comes with a free storage option. Moreover, you can add your Gmail account on your smartphone and check your emails on the go, avoiding the hassle of logging into your Gmail account every time you want to get a sneak peek. Gmail makes emailing less complicated, but that doesn’t vouch for its smooth functioning any day. Occasionally, you may encounter errors with your Gmail account that can ruin your day.
To save you from all the fuss, this handy guide has all the solutions if you are facing the ‘Gmail address not found’ error.
“Address not found”- What Gmail Error is It?
Gmail says “address not found” when the email you were trying to send didn’t get delivered. This can happen due to entering the recipient’s email address incorrectly. A minor spelling mistake or typo error can result in an “address not found” error by Gmail.
When this happens, you get an automatic reply from Gmail with the title “address not found”, similar to the one shown below.
How to Fix the ‘Address Not Found’ Error in Gmail?
If you too are going through this error in your Gmail account, here are some of the quick solutions you can try:
1. Check the Email Address of the Recipient
This is the topmost reason due to which you face this error, so to fix this, you need to ensure the following things:
- You haven’t typed the incorrect email address of the recipient.
- Also, check if you have missed any character or number while typing the email address.
- Also, confirm from the recipient that if he/she has added your email address to the blocked list by mistake.
- Instead of typing the email address, you can also copy and paste it to avoid mistakes.
This will fix the “This email address is not available” error with Gmail, expectantly.
2. See if Email Address is Available
Another explicit reason for facing the ‘address not found’ error with Gmail when the email address has been deleted and no longer exists. So, you need to check if the email address you are trying to send an email, exists or not.
To make sure you are sending an email to an active address, you can use the following steps:
- Open an incognito window on your Chrome browser by pressing the keys Ctrl + Shift + N
- Navigate to the Gmail login page
- Then enter the email address to which you want to send an email and click on ‘Continue’.
- If you see a message that “This account was recently deleted and can be restored,” it means that the recipient’s email address has been deleted and is no longer available.
3. Check the Gmail Server
The next thing you need to check is Gmail server is down for maintenance or due to some other reason. You need to confirm from other Gmail users if they are able to send an email or not.
If Gmail is currently down due to any reason, you can schedule the email for later and it will be sent automatically at that time:
- Log in to your Gmail account
- Then click on the ‘Compose’ button and type the matter you want to send in the email.
- After that, do not click on ‘Send’, click on the drop-down menu icon given next to the ‘Send’ button.
- Then click on ‘Schedule Send’
- Now, you have to select the date and time for scheduling your email.
- You can even schedule emails, by clicking on ‘More’ from the left pane and then click on ‘Schedule’.
These three solutions explained in this guide will most probably fix the ‘address not found’ error in Gmail.