It doesn’t always have to be news whenever we feel like changing a years-old profile picture on Facebook, right?
And not just that, but also the fact that it may disturb the people added along with us in the friends list. Because every little thing doesn’t have to get notified about, many of the users prefer to stay low-key. Even though Facebook allows a lot of customization in privacy settings preferences for its users, there are still some queries that need solutions. If you update or change something, it is visible to many people. And if you don’t want that to happen, there are some ways around it that can help you to stay private about your changes.
In this article, we are going to discuss how you can change your Facebook profile picture without posting it and also, how you can post a new profile picture without losing any likes. So let’s get started without further ado!
How to Change your Facebook Profile Picture?
Even though the process of uploading a new profile picture on Facebook is very simple, there are still some old users who get a hard time doing it due to the updating and changing features on the app. The steps for it are as follows:
- Open Facebook and tap on the username.
- Then tap on your profile picture and choose Update profile picture.
- Select the picture that you want to post and click on Save.
Now, your new profile picture will be all set, and you can set it to whatever audience you wish to.
How to Change Facebook Profile Picture Without Posting?
- Open the Facebook App.
- Go to the “What’s on your mind?” box and tap on your profile picture.
- Then tap again on the profile picture and tap on Select Profile Picture.
- Now, choose a new profile picture and uncheck the box for Share your update to News Feed at the bottom.
- Go to Facebook on your browser and tap on the profile icon in the “What’s on your mind?” box.
- Then click on the profile picture once again and tap on Update Profile Picture.
- Now click on Upload Photo and select the picture that you have already uploaded before.
- Tap on Save.
- Now go to your profile and look for your latest post. Tap on the globe icon below your post.
- Select Only Me.
Lastly, a lock icon will appear in the place of the globe icon now and this will confirm that your profile picture has been successfully uploaded privately.
Now your new profile picture that had already been posted before is set and good to go without an announcement to people added to your friend list.
How to Change Your Facebook Profile and Hide From Timeline?
Hiding the post about changing your profile picture on Facebook can be done using some pretty easy steps. Follow the steps given below for it:
- Go to the Facebook Homepage and tap on your username on the right side of the screen.
- Now look for the post about changing your profile picture on your timeline.
- Now, tap on the three dots option on the right side of the post and select Hide from profile.
This way your post about changing your profile picture will disappear from your Facebook timeline and others won’t be able to see about it.
How to Change Profile Picture Without Losing Likes?
In order to not lose any likes on your profile picture on Facebook and switch it as well, you only have one option: changing your current profile picture to an older profile picture. The steps to take for doing it are as follows:
- Open Facebook and tap on the profile icon in the “What’s on your mind?” box.
- Then tap on the photo again and choose Update profile picture.
- Look for the picture that you want to select and click on the Save button.
Just like that, there are many other exciting and privacy features that Facebook offers, like telling you who viewed your story and many more such.
ANS: Even though earlier Facebook allowed its users to keep their profile pictures private from the world, it no longer allows it to be the same way. Facebook sets the profile picture to the public by default now. The only way to keep your profile picture private from everyone is to delete it.
ANS: It is not necessary to change the profile pictures on Facebook every day. It is totally up to the users whenever they want to update or change it. Facebook allows its users to make changes to their profile picture as and when they wish to.