If you’re a professional photographer, then here’s an all-out guide about a 3-point slinger for the camera that might help you. We will be discussing all 3-point slingers for the camera – what is it, different types of slingers, how you can use them, and the top 5 best 3-point slingers for the camera.
Carrying your camera in your bag can’t always be convenient. Because photographers who are serious about their profession, they know that the best shots can’t be any expected ones. So if you’re wondering what could be the answer to the problem of carrying your gear, it can be a 3-point slinger for the camera.
And before you question why, we have got the answer ready – the issue with good cameras like DSLRs can be their weight. Also, carry it around with the traditional strap that comes with it, and you will look like a tourist. And who wants to look like that when you’re a professional photographer, right?
A camera bag or sling bag will delay your access to the camera, and bending down to change the lens is out of the question. To ease this issue, we will be discussing how a 3-point slinger for the camera helps out with the not-so-good timings for perfect shots.
In this article, we are going to discuss everything about the 3-point slinger for the camera, from its benefits to the top 5 best 3-point slingers for cameras in 2022.
What Is A 3-Point Slinger for Camera?
To put it simply, a 3-point slinger for cameras exists with the purpose of carrying around your gear comfortably and freely. Just as its name suggests, a 3-point slinger for a camera has three points of contact. It is a cross-shoulder strap that is linked to the torso and worn over the chest or back.
A 3-point slinger for the camera ensures the safety of your camera, and it is a great alternative to the standard strap or a camera bag. With the help of a 3-point slinger, you can swing around easily and capture the image that you want. But, before getting a 3-point slinger for your camera, read the given article for an overview.
Benefits of Using A 3-Point Slinger for Camera
If you’re a professional photographer, you know that carrying your camera in your bag isn’t always the most convenient option. And so, making use of a 3-point slinger for the camera can certainly be of help.
Since cameras are of huge help often and give many plus points like the benefits of installing security cameras in your house and letting you know what’s up. Similarly, there are some good points for using the 3-point slingers for the camera as well.
There are a good number of advantages to using a 3-point camera slinger. Here we are going to mention some of them:
- Ease of Use: It is pretty easy to use a 3-point sling. All you have to do is put it on like a backpack or diagonally like any regular sling, and you will be good to go! This helps to keep the camera close to you and decreases the chances for it to fall or get damaged.
- Rapid Action: There is never good or perfect timing for capturing a perfect shot. And you may already know that if you’re especially paparazzi. So with the help of a 3-point slinger for a camera, you can simply lift the camera up any time and get the picture you want at the right time swiftly.
- Increased Safety: Since the 3-point camera sling stays close to you, there are likely fewer chances for it to get damaged. While in the motion of capturing shots quickly, one of the biggest dangers to be cautious of is dropping the camera. And with the help of a 3-point sling for the camera, it is less likely to happen.
- Stays Out of Way: For using the 3-point slinger for the camera, it is not necessary to carry it around diagonally like a sling only. By stiffening the strap, you can also carry the camera by carrying it on your back.
- Portable and Convenient to Carry: For photography enthusiasts, who wish to carry the camera with them in every possible place, a 3-point slinger can help a lot. With its help, it can open many opportunities, and it will be easier to carry the camera around.
- Adaptability: It is very easy to get adapted to using the 3-point slinger for the camera since there are no rules to using it. You can simply use it for carrying your camera with you anywhere you want to and also get the shots you want.
So these were some benefits of using a 3-point slinger for a camera. Now let’s discuss its different types and how they function.
Different Types of Slingers
With different and high-quality cameras today, there are various types of camera straps or slings as well. From beginners, and experts, to any photographer, they need a 3-point slinger for the camera for shooting in different directions. Because of the stability and comfort that the 3-point slinger provides.
Add-ons like 3-point camera slinger help in keeping stability while taking a shot where there is movement involved. There are different slingers for different types of purposes, and shots like slingshots for more action-oriented photos. With its help, you can get fewer to no camera blunders.
If you are looking for a cool and chic 3-point slinger for your camera, the “Think Tank Retrospective 7” can be a good choice. Now let’s discuss the top 5 best 3-point slingers for the camera in brief.
Top 5 Best 3-Point Slingers for Cameras in 2022
Just like the cameras that have the best image quality, there are good 3-point slingers for cameras as well. Now let’s discuss one of the main parts of the article – the top 5 best 3-point slingers for cameras in the year 2022.
- Blackrapid Breathe Sport
Blackrapid is considered a very comfortable and valuable sling. It has pads that can rest on your shoulder comfortably and can also slide along the camera sling to your face. It has a strong grip and gives a good look as well.
But, this sling is suitable for right-handed people. If you’re a left-hander, you will be able to find a similar, suitable option. It is a good option to fit DSLR and mirrorless cameras as well.
Blackrapid also produces various 3-point slingers for action sports photography, as the photographers require shoulder straps constantly. There are some points about Blackrapid below:
- Cross body strap
- Nylon webbing with shoulder pads
- Moisture protection
- Carabiner features of locking
- Waka Rapid 3-Point Slinger
If you want a sling that is heavy-duty and comes with a reasonable price, Waka Rapid 3-Pointer can be the answer. It is pretty durable and affordable along with other basic features of a sling strap.
In its shoulder pad, there is a pocket for keeping accessories like memory cards, batteries, etc. It also has an adjustable strap that can support a full-size DSLR. You can shorten or lengthen the sling as per your need from the front rapid pull clip.
- Rubber Padding
- Adjustable Strap
- Anti-slip Shoulder Pad
- Storage Compartment with Zipper
- Added Safety Tether
- Metal Plate
- USA Gear (TrueSHOT) 3-Point Slinger
If you want to have an affordable, comfortable 3-point slinger with more features than usual ones, USA Gear (TrueSHOT) 3-Point Slinger can fill in the space.
Moreover, there is an underarm stabilizing strap and a shoulder pad. And the shoulder pad is built with very comfortable neoprene. It also comes with an elastic pocket with velcro closure.
The best part is that it is wrapped with an integrated SD card, which is freely accessible.
- Robust Nylon Strap
- Adjustable Lock
- Built-in Elastic Pocket for SD Card
- Removable Underarm Strap
- Tether Strap with Security
- Altura Rapid Fire
Unlike other companies, Altura is a helpful and easy camera sling to integrate. It also includes a zipped pocket on its shoulder pad, however, spacious enough to only fit in some additional batteries.
Apart from that, it has a safety sling with a rubber-backed plate for attaching the tripod screw. But, it isn’t the best when it comes to stability or durability. It fits in perfectly for a beginner who just wants to try out photography with a decent budget.
- Pocket with Shoulder Pad
- Metal Mounting Plate
- Compatible Sling
- Security Tether
- Rubber Bottom which is Anti-Slip
The PiuQ camera string is attached to the tripod screw on the base. For the protection of the camera, there is a rubber base in a screw-in eyelet with a lockable carabiner.
The shoulder strap also goes underarm, which is thickly padded. There is a nice finish for scratch protection as well. However, for using the tripod, you will have to remove the eyelet. Even though it is cheap, there is a lack of security in the strap.
- Cheap in price.
- Has a rubber base for camera protection.
- Well-defined scratch protection.
- Under-arm strap
- Thick and padded shoulder strap.
And that was it! These were the most used and popular 3-slinger for cameras in 2022. Now let’s head over to the factors that one must consider before buying or getting a 3-point camera slinger.
Key Factors to Consider Before Buying A 3-Point Camera Slinger
If you are a beginner or someone who is planning to get a 3-point camera slinger, there are some points that you need to focus on before getting it.
- Size & Weight: Before getting a 3-point slinger for your camera, make sure that it is the right size for your camera. Apart from that, you also need to see that the weight of the slinger and camera is comfortable enough to be carried around with you at all times.
- Comfort: After you are done checking the size and weight, comfort is one of the most important factors that you need to pay attention to, before getting a 3-point slinger. If the fabric or strap of the slinger isn’t comfortable to carry along for a longer time, you need to rethink your decision and get another one, maybe.
- Price: Another essential point that you need to pay attention to is the price of the slinger that you’re planning to get. You can compare the prices of different slingers and see which one works the best for you and goes well with your pocket too.
- Security: There won’t be any point in getting a slinger if it is not built strong enough to keep your camera safe. After all, to start with, one of the reasons to get the slinger is to prevent the camera from falling while there is rambling during shooting. So make sure that the slinger is coated with at least 3 layers to protect your camera.
- Material: To prevent bumps and scratches, Nylon is an affordable and better option that will also last longer. Compared to Leather or Canvas, it can provide more protection.
- Adaptability: As you will be using the slinger along with your camera, you will know its ability and how spacious it is for the lenses, to carry elephants and ants both.
- Design: There are surely some pretty unique and different designs available when it comes to 3-point slingers for cameras.
- Zippers: As metal lasts longer than plastic and is also more water-resistant with a stronger build, the metal zipper is more recommended.
- Waterproofing: If you work outdoors mostly for photography, there are harsh conditions in the weather sometimes like rain or thunderstorms. So you need to make sure that your camera’s slinger is waterproof, since not all of them are built with waterproofing efficiency.
So these were some points that you should keep in mind before getting a 3-point slinger for your camera.
Ans: Before getting a 3-point slinger, you should make sure that it accommodates well with your camera. Mostly 3-point slingers for cameras range from $30 to $100.
Ans:There are some points that you should focus on before getting a 3-point slinger for your camera:
Ans:The look and elegance of a 3-point slinger are surely a plus for cameras. But apart from that, what makes it stand out is its help in carrying the weight of the camera and relieves the pressure of carrying it around all day long.
Ans:From Distinct Companies and Organizations, the market offers a variety of 3-point camera slingers. However, choosing one is a difficult task as everyone has their own compatibility and needs.