You have created a great website and added unique content to it, and now you need to get your target audience to see it. But where do you begin?
There are many ways on how to increase website traffic, and you can’t rely on search engines alone, although that should be your primary source of traffic.
Understanding the major sources of web traffic
There are many different sources of traffic you should optimize for, but here are the five most important ones;
- Organic traffic – this comes from SERPs. When people find your site from search engine result pages, that’s what we call organic traffic.
- Social traffic – This is traffic coming from social media platforms.
- Paid traffic – People who land on your site after clicking an ad you placed on Google or other platforms
- Email traffic – This comes from people visiting your site by clicking a link you placed in your email message.
- Direct traffic – This comes from people who are familiar with your brand or site. They type your address or brand name into the search bar
Knowing these types of traffic will help you come up with a working strategy that focuses on each source.
How to Increase Website Traffic
There are many ways you can use to drive traffic to your website, including;
- Research on keywords to target and integrate them into your content
You should always include relevant keywords into your content for it to rank in search engine result pages. Keywords should be integrated naturally, not stuffed. It is important to distribute your keywords throughout your content- use them in the page title, URL, Meta description, headers, and a few times in your piece.
There are several tools you can use to do keyword research, including Ahrefs, SEMrush, and Moz. These sites will disclose keywords your competitors are ranking for, keyword search volume, related keywords, and valuable information about keywords.
Hiring an SEO agency that have affordable SEO packages makes sense in this case as they can offer more valuable insights about the right keywords to target and also identify more content ideas you can explore around keywords you haven’t targeted.
- Write guest posts
Guest posting for other related websites is another effective way of boosting referral traffic to your site and also generating backlinks. This helps to boost your SERP rankings. You should do thorough research on websites in your industry that you can pitch to ensure that you are guest posting on websites that have better domain authority than you.
- Remain active on social media platforms
Social media remains a great avenue where you can source for web traffic. To get more website traffic from social media, make sure you;
- Regularly post content across your social media platforms. Post video content, infographics, blog posts, etc. to keep your brand alive and your audience informed
- Interact with your social media followers by replying to them, liking their content, and tagging them too
- Make use of relevant hashtags to increase your brand awareness
- Also, make use of influencers to give your brand a mention
When used right, social media can be a great source of free traffic.Make use of ads
Advertising through paid search, display ads, and social media ads can also be an efficient way of driving traffic to your site. You need to be very strategic with ads as using them the wrong way can lead to losses. You need to target the right keywords to see positive results. Again, we can advise that you hire an SEO agency in Essex to do this for you.
By using these tactics, you can expect to see an increase in web traffic over time. While most of these tactics may not provide instant gratifications, they will provide long-term results.