Link building is one of the most important and prominent factors in the SEO sector and plays an important role in ranking your website and content high in the Google search results. In 2021, Backlinko analytics showed that the top 1 million websites that are ranking high in search results were having a great boost via their backlinks on other websites.
You should offer a great focus while working on a link-building strategy because it will not only make your website and content rank high but will develop a sense of trust in your website as well. However, you should start working after having a thorough knowledge because mistakes in any phase can badly affect the outcomes of your link-building overall process. It’s highly recommended to start your link-building strategy through an agency specialized in this area like hispanolinks.com, who can have the experience and knowledge about the best techniques, contacts, and understanding of how things work. It will be a time and money saver.
Major and Most Common Mistakes in Link Building:
Companies of all kinds almost face issues in link building no matter how good and efficient their strategy is. The core reason behind the less effectiveness of their link building is that they usually commit some common mistakes without even realizing it. Below are the most common mistakes that companies usually make:
- Not Starting from Search Intent and On-Page SEO
- Content on Website is Not Linkable At All
- Poor Outreach Strategy and Campaign
- Not Settings Goals and Expectations
1. Not Starting from Search Intent and On-Page SEO:
On-Page SEO is the most important factor as it includes major elements such as URLs, internal links, content, tags, keywords, etc. This is quite different from Link Building and off-page SEO but plays an important role in the overall outcome.
Search intent is the core purpose of a user while he/she is typing a keyword or query in a search engine. It can be said that it is the keyword that a user will type while searching for something.
People usually don’t focus on this factor instead start off-page SEO and link-building which is a pure mistake. If you don’t know why and how a website is ranking in terms of On-Page SEO, you will never be able to implement a strategy accordingly in link-building.
How to Resolve This Mistake:
- Look into the competitors’ websites in your same niche and see how they are ranking. Focus on finding the keywords that are helping them rank high in search results.
- The very first thing is to ensure that you have included your major and targeted keywords on your website page. This will make it easy for Google to understand what you are and what you offer.
- Include a robust content strategy as it will make people trust your brand while developing a sense that you are the expert in what you are offering.
2. Content on the Website is Not Linkable At All:
The content should be of a type that can be linked based on common interests between you and your audiences.
How to Resolve this Mistake:
- Research about Competitors’ Content:
Thoroughly research your competitors’ websites which can efficiently be done using tools like Ahrefs. It will also help you find the best ideas on how to create linkable content.
- Ensure Websites Willing to Create Link with your Content:
While designing and creating content for your websites, do thorough research to verify that some websites and resources are willing to form links with your kind of content. This can be done by looking at various websites and then seeing whether they have links to others websites in your niche or not.
- Find Multiplier Resources of the Same Kind:
Now look into the already found resources and make a list of other resources that are related to your content and can be used to create backlinks. Creating a comprehensive list of source links that will help you to get links for your content will make the further link-building process easy and efficient.
3. Poor Outreach Strategy and Campaign:
If your outreach strategy and the campaign are not up to the mark, your link building strategy will never bring you the best outcomes. Outreach plays an important role and if you are implementing bad outreach campaigns, you will be just avoided or ignored by your audiences and search engines. While sending an email, you have to follow a proper scenario as it is explained below.
How to Resolve this Mistake:
- Subject Line of Email:
- he subject line should always be comprehensive yet simple and short.
- Grammar and spellings should be perfectly right.
- Authentic and correct details should be added along with the desired outcome.
- Main Body of Email:
- Write to the point and never fluff the email content.
- Describe the value of the reader and the audience.
- Never include analytics, sales, rankings, or vague information.
- Just show them your plus points instead of telling different factors.
- Never Ignore Follow-Ups:
- Send multiple (2-3) emails as the website admins receive a lot of emails and are usually busy as well.
- Send reminders or call back to previously sent emails.
- Never try to contact them again and again in a single day
4. Not Settings Goals and Expectations:
Some companies usually start developing and designing their link-building strategy without setting proper goals and expectations. Doing so can limit their capabilities and they will not be able to design a strategy accordingly. But if you know what you expect as the outcomes, you will try to create a link-building strategy in that manner.
How to Resolve this Mistake:
- Be clear about why you want your content to be linked with targeted pages.
- Realize and have a clear idea of how you can accomplish your goals and purposes by utilizing these links and pages.
- Create internal links directed towards the major pages you want to get ranked.
- Work on creating multiple linkable assets in your website and strategy.
In a nutshell, if you wish to succeed with your digital marketing strategy start by enhancing your On-Page SEO and focusing on your audiences’ search intents. Do thorough research, gather ideas from different sources, and look into competitors’ ranked content before designing and composing content for your website. Follow a proper, authentic and innovative outreach strategy that can help you effectively achieve your goals and expectations.