Over the last few years, businesses have had to adapt to changing work situations for their employees. From remote workers to hybrid work situations, having a strong digital collaboration work environment has become crucial to success. And if you’re not already using Google Workspace, you’re missing out on a powerful tool that can help take your business to the next level.
There are four plans to choose from, each with its own features and benefits. So which one is right for you? Let’s break them down and help you decide.
What is Google Workspace, and What Does it Offer Businesses?
Google Workspace is a cloud-based platform that offers businesses a suite of productivity tools, including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Sites. With Google Workspace, businesses can collaborate in real-time on documents and projects, share files and information securely, and access their work from any location using any device.
Google Workspace also includes powerful features for managing users and groups, administering security settings, and tracking usage statistics. In addition, Google Workspace offers a variety of integrations with third-party apps and services. As a result, it is an ideal platform for businesses of all sizes looking for a comprehensive solution for their productivity needs.
The Benefits of Google Workspace for Businesses
Many benefits come with using Google Workspace for your business, including:
- Saves Time and Money: With Google Workspace, you can reduce time and costs on IT. That’s because all your applications are in one place and can be easily managed from a central location.
- Improves Communication and Collaboration: Google Workspace makes it easy for employees to communicate and collaborate in real-time and asynchronously. This can help improve productivity and prevent miscommunications.
- Enhances Customer Service: Google Workspace can also help you improve your customer service. With features like video conferencing and chat, you can provide a more personal level of service that will keep your customers coming back.
- Gives Peace of Mind with Google’s Security: When you use Google Workspace, you can rest assured that your data is secure. Google constantly updates its security features to protect your business against the latest threats.
The 4 Different Plans Offered by Google Workspace
Now that we’ve gone over some benefits of using Google Workspace, let’s take a look at the four different available plans.
The most affordable option, perfect for small businesses or those just getting started with Google Workspace. It is an excellent option for small businesses that need email, storage, and video conferencing features.
For only $6 per month per user, you get access to Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Meet, Chat, Jamboard, Docs, Sheets Slides, Keep, Sites, and Forms. Google Workspace makes it easy to stay connected and productive, whether working in the office or from home.
With 100 participant video meetings and 30 GB of storage per user, you can easily keep track of your work and stay connected with your team. And with security and management controls, you can rest assured that your data is safe and secure. Standard Support is included so you can get help when you need it.
A step up from the Business Starter plan and the most popular plan. For $12 per month per user, this option includes everything in the Business Starter plan, upgraded features of 150 participant video meetings, recordings, 2 TB storage per user, and Standard Support (paid upgrade to Enhanced Support available).
For $18 per month per user, the Business Plus plan includes everything in the Business Starter plan, upgraded features of custom and secure email plus eDiscovery and retention, 500 participant video meetings plus recordings, and attendance tracking. Additionally, each user gets 5 TB of storage space.
Finally, the Business Plus plan comes with enhanced security and management controls, including Vault and advanced endpoint management. Standard Support is included with this plan, though businesses can upgrade to Enhanced Support for an additional fee.
The Enterprise plan is for businesses looking for a comprehensive, enterprise-level productivity solution. This complete package includes all the Business Starter plan features with custom and secure business email plus eDiscovery, retention, and S/MIME encryption features. You can rest assured that your data is always safe.
And with 500 participant video meetings plus recordings, attendance tracking, noise cancellation, and in-domain live streaming capabilities, you’ll always be able to stay connected with colleagues near and far.
This plan comes with unlimited storage per user and advanced security, management, and compliance controls – including Vault, DLP, data regions, and enterprise endpoint management. Upgrade to Enhanced Support for even more peace of mind.
Which Plan is Right for Your Business?
The solution to this question depends on the explicit needs of your business. If you’re a large business just getting started with Google Workspace, the Business Starter plan is a great option.
The Business Standard or Business Plus plans might be better for businesses needing more storage and video conferencing features. And for enterprises that need a comprehensive productivity solution, the Enterprise plan has everything you need and more.
When choosing the right Google Workspace plan for your business, you should consider a few factors.
- Budget: The first factor to consider is your budget. How much can you afford to spend every month? The price of each plan varies, so it’s crucial to find one that fits within your budget.
- User Needs: Another factor to consider is the needs of your users. What features do they need access to? What kind of storage space do they need? Answering these questions will help you narrow your options and choose the right plan for your business.
- Security and Compliance: If security and compliance are a concern for your business, you’ll want to ensure that your plan includes the appropriate controls. The Enterprise plan is the only one that offers unlimited storage and advanced security, management, and compliance features.
And while purchasing your licence directly from Google is a great option for smaller companies, large or enterprise businesses should consider working with a reseller like Pythian. A reseller can help you tap into all the great features Google Workspace has to offer, plus you can get access to a host of other benefits.
The Bottom Line
Google Workspace offers various plans to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes. The right plan for your business will depend on several factors, including a budget, user needs, and security and compliance requirements. When choosing a plan, carefully consider all your options and choose the one that’s best for your business.