With the current situations we are living under, companies consider remote work an essential part to run a firm. Mainly due to climate change, pandemics, and natural disasters, the remote work culture makes more sense for the ideal functioning of an organization. Hence, in the given blog, let’s talk about the best tools designed to help employees as well as employers to organize the work culture in a smooth way. So here you will get the comprehensive guide to remote organizations.
Best 7 Free and Open Source Remote Work Software
There are a number of benefits of remote work, hence, developers created remote work software that provides the ease of working in a seamless manner with easy management. If you are an employee of the United States postal service and searching for liteblue login details, you can get it all easily by clicking on the link. The best remote work software available for free are listed below:
Element is a safe and reliable software for secure linking and chat. The software offers end-to-end encryption and is safe from unnecessary ads as well as data breaching. Element is compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, Web, Android & iOS.
This remote work software is a safe tool for users who have full control over their data and conversations. Element has a number of benefits, the key features include:
- You can simply host your account on any server for free.
- Dedicated private chat rooms with end-to-end encryption.
- Cross signed verification with messaging, video, and voice calls.
Taiga is a remote work software that has an intuitive interface. The software is compatible with groups or individuals expecting easy project management. However, you can only enjoy its free version for three members. For additional members with premium features and better storage space, you are required to upgrade to Taiga’s premium version. Some key features of Taiga are:
- “Sticky Notes” feature for better tracking of tasks.
- Taiga follows the real-time status of a group.
- It also features an Intuitive backlog, sprint dashboard, and customizable Kanban boards.
3. Jitsi Meet
Jitsi or Jitsi Meet is basically used for video conferencing. It is equipped with all the necessary features required to conduct a virtual video conference in a perfectly systematic way. This remote work software works with mobile applications as well as web apps. In addition, the virtual video conference is also fully encrypted. Some important features of Jitsi Meet are listed below:
- You can simply lock a room with a password.
- Comes with a Two-way audio and video feature.
- Conference streaming to Youtube live.
LibreOffice is a remote work software that combines a number of office applications. These include Word processor, Calc, Spreadsheet, Impress, presentation program, the formula editor, the database management. This free remote work software is compatible with Microsoft office. Some of the key features of LibreOffice includes:
- Available through cross-platforms.
- Supports over 117 languages including dictionaries for 50 languages.
- Comes with a bug tracking system called Bugzilla.
- Comes with LibreOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Base, Maths, and Charts.
Mattermost is free software that can be installed on platforms like Red Hat, Debian, Docker, Ubuntu, etc. It is basically offered in two versions E10 and E20. In addition, this remote work software also ensures that your data is not monitored by any third party. Apart from this, there are certain prime features of Mattermost which are listed below.
- Offers a well-organized conversation among group members.
- Easily sharing of images, files, and links
- Can translate and support multiple languages.
- Effortless control over data.
Teamwork comes with dynamic communication tools that keep your members associated on the same page. This tool makes it easy to manage teams and gain better control over projects. The free version of Teamwork can be enjoyed by 5 members and can accommodate two projects. To unlock the advanced features of Teamwork, you must upgrade to its premium version. Some key features of Teamwork are:
- Can be integrated with work tools like Hubspot, Gmail, Slack Float, etc.
- Tools for effortless project management.
- Features also include time tracking, task lists, messages, and file uploads.
A notion is a software that offers a detailed workspace to its users. This remote work software is primarily used for managing projects, remote work organization, and asynchronous collaboration. The Notion also provides “Work from home” tips to its users. Some of the key features on Notion includes:
- SSL encryption with 50+ templates for notes and meetings.
- Add unlimited pages, files, blocks, to-do lists, blocks with 100% cloud storage.
- Export CSV, HTML files in bulk.
- You can even invite guest members to your workspace.
The employee portal created for the employees of the United States Postal Service is liteblue login. Liteblue USPS login has certain benefits for the employees of USPS employees such as employees can access it 24/7, provides regular updates of the company, Paystub information or history can be checked, and many more.
This is all about our list of the best open-source remote work software available for free. Individuals or members can typically select any one of the above as per their needs and convenience. Apart from this, there are other remote work software that are also a decent alternative. These include Basecamp, Todolist, Trello, Zoho Assist, Scalefusion, Paymo, etc. that you may choose from.