If you consider the ProtonVPN Android VPN app that is supported by Android OS 5.0 and above-as one of the best VPN options then, follow the below-mentioned instructions that guide you how to download, install and use the ProtonVPN mobile app on your Android.
However, before you begin, you’ve to allow app installation from “Unknown Sources” on your Android device. Well, because downloading the app from a third party app will hamper your device security and might block the app from being installed.
So, in order to avoid that, allow app installation in advance via— Settings > Security > Turn on ‘Unknown Sources’ toggle switch that allows Installation from other Sources than Play Store.’
Now, you can start executing the instructions for downloading, installing and setting up the process of ProtonVPN without any inconvenience.
- To get the ProtonVPN Android app, simply search for the same on Google Play Store.
- Once you’re able to find it, tap on the same to open the ProtonVPN app page and from there, tap the ‘Install’ button.
- In doing so, the app installation will begin and after installation is complete, open the app.
- On the app’s main menu, if you’re one of the ProtonMail users, you can access the ProtonVPN Free plan by logging in with your ProtonMail username and password.
[Note: In case if you are not an existing user then, to get a ProtonVPN account, you can sign up via selecting a pricing plan from here.]
- After you are logged in to the app, the main server list window will open where you’ll see several ways to connect to VPN servers such as—
- You can either touch the ‘Quick Connect’ button to automatically connect to the fastest VPN server for your location.
- Or, else you can also choose to connect any specific country’s server that is available on your plan as different Proton VPN plans will provide you access to different servers.
- Once you do so, you’ll be able to automatically connect to the fastest server in that country.
That’s all! You are now good to securely and privately browse the internet because the data moving between your Android device and the VPN server is encrypted by ProtonVPN Android App.