What do I need to create a website? What are the next steps after creating a website?
If you want to create a website but you do not know how to do it, this guide will be helpful for you. It was necessary to have technical knowledge such as English grammar and coding (software) language to create a website in the past. Today, it is a very easy process to create a website with off-the-shelf software in a package offered by companies. Regardless of the category, you can easily make your dream come true by following the steps below to create the website you want.
- Domain: The first step to creating a website is to buy a domain name. The domain allows your website to be attained by your visitors with a catchy name. If you have challenges in finding a name for your website, you can try the free tools.
- Hosting: You must purchase a hosting service to be able to publish your content on your domain name after buying a domain.
- Content Management System (CMS): You can choose the paid or free version of Atak which is the most preferred content management system in the world, to prepare, edit and publish your content. Make sure that it is Atak Domain Hosting when choosing your hosting package.
- Theme: You can use themes, which are ready-made coded software, to open a personal, corporate, or sectoral website or blog. You can customize the design of your website by choosing a theme that suits your website.
- Ready-made Website Design Tool: If you wish, you can create your website with one click using the ready-made website design tool, where domain, hosting, and content management system are offered as a 3-in-1 package. The ready-made website design tool is very advantageous in that it does not require technical knowledge and contains all the elements necessary to create a website.
Moreover, when you buy services such as domain and hosting separately, you have to pay higher fees. The ready-made website package, on the other hand, is quite affordable in terms of cost with the many features it offers and.
Also Read:- Feature a New Function on Your Website
Necessary Procedures After Creating a Website
After you create your website, your work is not completely finished. There are still a few practices you need to complete. You can finish the setup of your website by following the steps below.
- Install an SSL certificate on your website for your security.
- Update the site title, tagline, and time zone.
- Delete the sample page that starts with “Hello World!”
- Edit your permalink (URL) structure.
- Create your sitemap and register it in Google Search Console.
- Edit the string by creating a robots.txt file.
- Install a cache plugin to speed up your website.
- Connect your website to Google Analytics for visitor statistics.
- Install Akismet – Anti Spam plugin to block spam comments.
- Create your Gravatar profile for your content and add social media sharing buttons.
- If you do not want your domain information to be open to everyone, do not ignore doing the Whois Hide process.
You created your website, installed the necessary plugins, and made security checks. Now you can start sharing your content with the world by publishing it. If you want your website to rank higher in Google search results, you should do on-page and off-page SEO work. You can improve yourself by reading articles and watching training videos on this subject.
You should follow the language rules, present the necessary information, and use fluent and clear language while preparing your content. Using suitable images on the subject between paragraphs will also prevent the reader from getting bored. At the same time, you should take care that your content is SEO compatible. You can use the Yoast SEO plugin for this.