It may look like an easy task, but the devil is always in the details. You will have to move the data from one help desk platform to another. No one wants to risk losing the crucial part of transferred customer service data if the process goes wrong. Many companies select Salesforce Service Cloud as their new help desk system. But how to perform the Salesforce migration becomes a tricky task.
How Can You Upgrade Your Business with Salesforce?
Every business has its own goals and priorities, yet personalized and timely customer service is important on default. Some businesses start small and run their support service in a shared mailbox or live chat tool. Once they grow and scale, they need a more functional solution, and here’s where Salesforce Service Cloud comes as a great option. With Salesforce, you can:
- automate the routine processes;
- provide more functionality for your support team;
- get a better overview of the workflows, track KPIs, and drive better insights from analyzing your reports.
provide a quality customer experience and boost employee engagement as well
On the other hand, you need to migrate your service data to Salesforce and that’s not as easy as you might want it to be. Be sure to include into your preparation process:
Also Read:- Migration to Where It is More Convenient
- historical data audits;
- checking default and custom fields on your customer service platforms to ensure you match your records between current and future tools correctly;
- review data for duplicates;
- onboard your support team on the Salesforce Service Cloud before the switch.
If you want to get the perfect result, you will have to perform help desk data migration correctly. There are some tips that we will mention down below.
Also Read: The Best Office 365 Migration Tool
How to Perform Salesforce Data Migration
There are certain tips you should pay attention to while migrating the support service records:
- Categorize the data to be migrated – you should know precisely what you want to achieve with your actions. For example, what exact contact information of the accounts should be moved, or should you migrate them all.
- Make a plan – you will have to plan all the details to reduce delay and other disturbances.
- Timeframes are important – make a plan with strict timeframes for data migration. This will help to avoid delays and overruns.
- Choose an automated, API-based migration service so you don’t waste time on developing a custom importing tool, digging into the structuring and editing CSV files to import via Salesforce native importer, and exclude any human interference in the Salesforce migration process. For example, you can consider the Help Desk Migration service which has a free demo option for evaluating the migration results.
Drawing up a line, you see that Salesforce migration takes a lot of preparations and planning, plus setting ups after your customer service data is already reached your desired help desk. But you can leave the data migration itself to the professionals and take care of your software tuning up and providing customer service without downtime.