Ask Toolbar can be really annoying if it gets installed unknowingly. It belongs to the “BHO: Browser Helper Add-on” category, that may get installed with third-party software without any prior information. The Ask Toolbar hijacks your browser and changes the search engine to “Ask.com”’
So, Make sure you thoroughly check the applications while installing as you are more likely to install many unwanted toolbars such as Ask toolbar that is not exactly a virus but malicious to a great extent and can amend the browser settings. Mainly, it replaces the default search engine and can only be removed manually.
Here are ways that you need to remove “Ask Toolbar” from different platforms such as different Windows or Brower versions.
Ask Toolbar is also available as a Chrome extension. If you want to remove Ask Toolbar from Google Chrome, follow the step-by-step process given below:
- Start Google Chrome and click the icon from the top right corner
- Now, access Settings from the menu bar
- Open Extensions from the left-side menu, just above the Settings.
- Remove the checkmark from the “Enabled” option, to “Disable” the toolbar.
- Tap on Recycle Bin, next to Enabled option.
- Open the Chrome menu by clicking on it. Select Settings.
- Now, select Manage Search from the Search option
- Choose any other search engine from the list and set it as the default search engine.
- From the list, choose “Ask Search” and remove it by tapping “X”
Here is the process to remove Ask Toolbar from your Windows 7 device:
- Open the “Control Panel” from the “Start” menu
- Tap “Uninstall a program” that is available under “Programs”
- Now, choose “Ask Toolbar” from the list of programs
- Click “remove”
From Windows Vista:
- First close all the browsers
- Open the “Start” menu and then go to “Control Panel”
- Now select “Programs” and then “Uninstall a program”
- Select look for the Ask logo and choose “Ask Toolbar”
- Choose “Uninstall” and then “Continue” to delete.
For Windows XP:
- Open “Start” menu and choose “Control Panel”
- Click “Add/Remove Programs”
- Now choose the program that has the Ask logo and the text “Ask Toolbar”
- Select “Change” or “Remove”
For Windows 8:
- Click Win +C (Charm bar) and then “Settings”
- Choose “Control Panel”
- Select “Programs and features”
- Now select Ask Toolbar and delete it.
- First, open the “Internet Explorer” on your device and choose “Tools”
- Now from the prompt screen, select “Manage Add-ons”
- From the Manage add-ons, look for Ask Toolbar and remove the checkbox from the Enabled option.
- Click on Search Providers and set any other search engine as your default search providers.
- Next select Ask Search and then Remove to uninstall the Ask Toolbar
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Mozilla Firefox is still a fairly popular browser, mainly because of how easy it is to use it. If you don’t like Ask Toolbar on your browser, do the steps we have given below:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” and access the “Extensions” option
- Now, go to Ask Toolbar from the list of add-ons.
- You will provide get two options namely: Remove or Disabled. Choose any of it.
- Now, go to Help and then Troubleshooting.
- At last, “Reset” Firefox.
Hopefully this answers your query, this is all you need to do to remove Ask Toolbar from your PC.